By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Anyone else felt underwhelmed with the FF XVI reveal?

vivster said:

Actual FF fans like me will buy the game regardless. I mean I bought FFXV and I'm confident that the new one will be slightly less garbage.

Here I was thinking as an actual fan, objecting to buying the game due to the change in direction was the way to go... of course my lack of sale didn't make a dent.

Hmm, pie.

Around the Network
trunkswd said:
It looks like Square took inspiration from The Witcher and Elder Scrolls. But that might just be me.

First thing that came to my mind was Witcher + Chocobos

The reveal looked very promising to me. It looks like it is far into development - maybe 2022? I just want a meaningful, COMPLETE story and awesome characters, like FFVII was.

The Fury said:
vivster said:

Actual FF fans like me will buy the game regardless. I mean I bought FFXV and I'm confident that the new one will be slightly less garbage.

Here I was thinking as an actual fan, objecting to buying the game due to the change in direction was the way to go... of course my lack of sale didn't make a dent.

Nah, you need to buy it and witness the train wreck first hand. Only then you can shit on the game with authority. It's what I did with FFXV.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

vivster said:

Nah, you need to buy it and witness the train wreck first hand. Only then you can shit on the game with authority. It's what I did with FFXV.

Noted but as luck has it, no need to buy it, comes with PS+ on PS5.

Hmm, pie.

Around the Network
bartkuz said:
The reveal looked very promising to me. It looks like it is far into development - maybe 2022? I just want a meaningful, COMPLETE story and awesome characters, like FFVII was.

Also why I'm not being too, too picky over the aesthetics. 

After Nier Automata I think SE needs to give Yoko Taro a shot at a Final Fantasy game. Even tho I'm intrigued by the direction I couldn't help feel a hint of FFXV which was probably one of the few FF in the series I did not enjoy.

ArchangelMadzz said:
As someone who is not a FF fan.

I liked it a lot, is that a bad thing? I don't know.

It could mean that it's a good game.  But if it doesn't appeal to a lot of FF fans, then they shouldn't have called it Final Fantasy.

Yeah, I didn't like it either. Looks like a generic medieval action game, Final Fantasy become more interesting when they embraced their steampuk nature starting in FF VI, IX is the only exception I can think ok

But of course it's a very loose impression. Game can actually be great, I'm just no feeling it

The Fury said:
vivster said:

I find it pretty lightweight/extra to call yourself an actual fan in a non comical way, there are always a thousand of different views that use the same actual fan approach.

Whether the game is good or bad does not change that much no matter what all the negative or positive actual fans think about it as long the positive group of players overshadows the other.

And do we represent on this site how the playerbase of final fantasy thinks, i think not?