By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Movies & TV - Alien 3 or Resurrection?

Which is better?

Alien 3 14 58.33%

Alien Resurrection 10 41.67%

Total:24

We did the first two, now how about the more controversial third and fourth entries in the series, which do you think is better, and why?

Around the Network

No

Alien 3 by quite a bit. I mean, it wasn't great, but it did have the basic Alien formula worked out okay. And I rather like the ending.

Other than Sigourney Weaver's impossible basketball shot that turned out to be real I dont see anything interesting or redeeming in Resurrection. Even Ron Perlman's usual charisma is missing. Story/plot is non existant. Dialogue is dumb. Characters are cardboard. Winona's acting is abysmal. I dont know, Its the worst Alien film so far to me - even Alien V Predator 1 was more interesting. Its close to "its so bad its funny" territory. That alien-human hybrid? Terrible. 

Alien 3 was not good and while it did shit on the ending of Aliens, which Is its biggest mistake IMO, at least it build a good atmosphere and kept some of the tension that I feel Alien films should have. Needless to say, Resurrection had none of it. 

It also gave us this iconic scene, which is great. 

Last edited by Jpcc86 - on 13 September 2020

A colonoscopy is preferable over watching either one.

Last edited by Leynos - on 13 September 2020

Bite my shiny metal cockpit!

Alien 3 has a solid plot and interesting characters, original visuals and fantastic soundtrack. People dont like this movie just because they want more "Aliens" (Lots of action an guns)

Around the Network

to be honest, neither are bad, if you want crap films, aliens vs predator 2, they are different, ie, alien 3 is like alien where suspense and survival is reintroduced, but in Resurrection, it's back to an action film like aliens

Alien Resurrection just straight up sucks no matter what, and was the worst in the series. Alien 3 Assembly Cut was enjoyable. I would rank it above quite a few of the other films.

https://www.vox.com/culture/2017/5/22/15660296/alien-3-david-fincher-defense

Alien Resurrection because Ron Perlman

3 is better to me; better acting, direction, atmosphere, and no horrible Alien/human hybrid.

Alien 3. While it was a big step down from the first two it was still overall enjoyable and had a good ending that should've served as an ending to the series. Resurrection on the other hand was just a mess that shouldn't have been made. If I ever rewatch these films I'll watch 1-3 again but skip Resurrection.