By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - BOLD PREDICTION: PS5 and PS5D to be $399 and $349 respectively

ice said:
If this happens imma go on a diet, no cap.

#SaveMeSony

Sony has failed you, my dear friend. I'm sorry :(

Around the Network
PDF said:

Thanks for actually proving my point. They were clearly watching each other but if Sony had a price point that was better than the S, they would not have waited a week and concede all that news coverage to MS. They would have easily stolen the coverage and still put on a show.

I think seeing the price of the XS played a part in Sony decision on where to price the PS5D at $399.  I think without the Series S we might have seen a $449 PS5D.

People took this as the delay meaning not releasing price until September. I simply meant the delay after we knew the cost of the Xbox SKUs. 

I obviously agree with you that they were playing price chicken... but I don agree that if Sony had a better price they would have announced sooner for two reasons.

1. Why? If any had a better price, and sony knew they were gonna announce their pride and start preorders before the date MS set? Why announce soon? let them get all the press, it makes coming out with  better price more pronounced. 
  2. Is that I don't even agree with the whole "better price designation". Cause that would somehow suggest that he XSS being cheaper is somehow "better priced". Well, the XSS is a 4TF console with 500GB of storage that is not designed for 4K games. The PS5D is a standard PS5 in every shape and form but lacking a disc drive. Of course, it should cost more than an XSS.

No one is going to look at the XSS and compare it to the PS5D, that would just be a very unfair lopsided comparison. People would look at the XSX and compare it to the PS5 though. The PS5Disinitsownprice bracket as its own thing. And lastly, I don't know how you really think this kinda stuff works, but these companies don't just react to each other as if they are playing a game of catch. Sony did all they were supposed to do, announce their own price before XSX preorders actually went live.

Slownenberg said:
OhNoYouDont said:

Several folks asked you to share your sources and you still haven't done so. You either don't have them or don't care enough to share them. However, you took the time to make this really biased post, so you certainly care enough to respond...

Time to put up or shut up.

There's this thing called google. I didn't do any crazy investigating. A couple news stories about Sony freaking out about Xbox price popped up in my news feed. Sounds like you all are the ones that need to shut up and learn to use google haha. I also like how you consider me simply putting up news that was reported as apparently biased haha. Maybe look in the mirror and check your own bias? To answer your question yes I don't care enough to share them, though you all seem very emotional disturbed at me simply mentioning some news so you could always use google which is more than i did because again, i don't care. I do care enough to point out your hypocrisy and extreme bias, I'll give ya that, I don't care enough to try to find the articles I read because I could care less what Sony prices its system at haha. All I did was mention what I read because I saw this topic and it was relevant, which is more than I can say about the posts attacking me for bringing a relevant piece of info here. You brought your own bizarre bias against me in some sort of attack. Still not sure why you all are so emotionally invested in the idea that PS5 had to drop its planned price because of Xbox, that's just business! Sony fanboyism is strong in this thread! Guess we got a bunch of teenagers on this thread haha.

Anyway, this bold prediction thread was off by $100 so it was a tad bit too bold.

You are the claim-maker. The person responsible for defending their claim. That is performed by offering sources, which again...you still have failed to do. At this point, I'm inclined to believe your sources smell very bad considering from where you've pulled them.

"haha"

Your post was replete with bias, mentioning fanboy several times. I simply said it's time to support your claim, which for some odd reason you believe is an attack...

The only person acting like a teenager in this thread, believe it or not, is you.

"haha"

Intrinsic said:
Yh yh my prediction was too "bold".

SKMBlake said:
Bold =! Nonsense

50$ difference between the 2 models doesn't make any sense, it will be at least 100$

PDF said:
Intrinsic said:

I obviously agree with you that they were playing price chicken... but I don agree that if Sony had a better price they would have announced sooner for two reasons.

1. Why? If any had a better price, and sony knew they were gonna announce their pride and start preorders before the date MS set? Why announce soon? let them get all the press, it makes coming out with  better price more pronounced. 
  2. Is that I don't even agree with the whole "better price designation". Cause that would somehow suggest that he XSS being cheaper is somehow "better priced". Well, the XSS is a 4TF console with 500GB of storage that is not designed for 4K games. The PS5D is a standard PS5 in every shape and form but lacking a disc drive. Of course, it should cost more than an XSS.

No one is going to look at the XSS and compare it to the PS5D, that would just be a very unfair lopsided comparison. People would look at the XSX and compare it to the PS5 though. The PS5Disinitsownprice bracket as its own thing. And lastly, I don't know how you really think this kinda stuff works, but these companies don't just react to each other as if they are playing a game of catch. Sony did all they were supposed to do, announce their own price before XSX preorders actually went live.

I simply disagree, If you have news that will end the competitor's positive press you don't hold it back. Sony has an okay price but not one that would have ended the news of a $299 next-gen console.

You don't have to agree with the value breakdown of PS5 SKUs vs the Xbox SKUs, the fact is that Xbox has the cheapest entry point for next-gen consoles by $100.

Some reports that Sony slashed the PS5 price after Series X reveal. You can believe that or not.

https://www.gamereactor.eu/source-playstation-5-to-adjust-plans-in-response-xbox-series-x-pricing/ 

But is it really next gen if it's hardly better than the One X? I mean, Halo - the flagship title - looked like it could be done on late 360 or early One hardware and they were pushing that as the big next gen system seller. PEople are bitching because a handful of PS5 games like Horizon and Spider-Man are also on PS4 and thus aren't taking full advantage of the PS5...how do you think they'll react to literally every Gen 9 Xbox game being compromised for the Series S? (Holy shit these naming conventions suck). 

Personally I stopped caring about graphics right around the time indies got big and the world remembered that innovation and creativity matter more than graphics, but you can't really be critical of one but not the other. They're both doing similar things, and the Series S is by far the weakest, which is invariably going to impact the quality of games on the Series X. I'd love to be wrong, but I don't think I am. 

My Console Library:

PS5, Switch, XSX

PS4, PS3, PS2, PS1, WiiU, Wii, GCN, N64 SNES, XBO, 360

3DS, DS, GBA, Vita, PSP, Android

Around the Network
PDF said:
Intrinsic said:

I simply disagree, If you have news that will end the competitor's positive press you don't hold it back. Sony has an okay price but not one that would have ended the news of a $299 next-gen console.

You don't have to agree with the value breakdown of PS5 SKUs vs the Xbox SKUs, the fact is that Xbox has the cheapest entry point for next-gen consoles by $100.

Some reports that Sony slashed the PS5 price after Series X reveal. You can believe that or not.

https://www.gamereactor.eu/source-playstation-5-to-adjust-plans-in-response-xbox-series-x-pricing/ 

The always trustworthy "anonymous" source, one also said PS5 production was cut from 16M to 11M and price would be 449. And that was published on Bloomberg that is more trustworthy than gamereactor... so if I was going to play the same game as you I would say Sony was so happy with MS price that they increased their price by 50 bucks.

Even after the rebuttal by Sony people still clanged to it with the famous "Sony wouldn't confirm even if it was true".

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

It was because you aren’t tbone. The word ‘BOLD’ only works if it is tbone that puts it in front of something. The very fabric of the universe will then change just to make sure he is right. Sadly it doesn’t work for mere peasants like us.

S.Peelman said:
It was because you aren’t tbone. The word ‘BOLD’ only works if it is tbone that puts it in front of something. The very fabric of the universe will then change just to make sure he is right. Sadly it doesn’t work for mere peasants like us.

lol... so true.

Lesson learned. Gues I now know who to blame for why the PS5 isn't that price, he should have made the thread instead. Maybe we should ask him to make a thread of MGS remake.