Forums - Sales Discussion - BOLD PREDICTION: PS5 and PS5D to be $399 and $349 respectively

Truthstation said:
Series X > PS5 > PS5DE > Series S

in price? I would agree to that. 

In quality? heh...no....nope. 

Around the Network
DonFerrari said:
trunkswd said:
We will (hopefully) know the price of the PS5 in just under 24 hours. I am hoping for a more competitive generation as that will lead to a better and more robust first-party lineup from Microsoft and Sony.

I though you would say that you wanted more competition because it would drive the traffic up.

But for that to happen I think we need to get back on speed for weekly sales numbers and also for SW (including a way to estimate digital sales and subs).

Well true it would increase traffic to the site. We are hoping the overhaul will do that as well. Parts of the site should run faster and look nicer. 

We are up to date with weekly hardware figures. Software estimates are not coming back as we have no way of tracking digital sales. Same with number of Game Pass and PS Now subs. 

VGChartz Sales Analyst and Writer - William D'Angelo - I stream on Twitch and have my own YoutubeFollow me on Twitter @TrunksWD.

Writer of the Gap Charts | Weekly Hardware Breakdown Top 10 | Weekly Sales Analysis | Marketshare Features, as well as daily news on the Video Game Industry.

BraLoD said:
trunkswd said:
We will (hopefully) know the price of the PS5 in just under 24 hours. I am hoping for a more competitive generation as that will lead to a better and more robust first-party lineup from Microsoft and Sony.

Well, PS4 was a solo walk and Sony gave us a very strong first-party line up

PS4 was $100 less than Xbox One at launch and well we know how much Microsoft messed up at the start of the generation and it wasn't until a couple years ago that the Xbox division was given a bigger budget. They have more studios than at any time in the past. 

VGChartz Sales Analyst and Writer - William D'Angelo - I stream on Twitch and have my own YoutubeFollow me on Twitter @TrunksWD.

Writer of the Gap Charts | Weekly Hardware Breakdown Top 10 | Weekly Sales Analysis | Marketshare Features, as well as daily news on the Video Game Industry.

If this happens imma go on a diet, no cap.

#SaveMeSony

trunkswd said:
BraLoD said:

Well, PS4 was a solo walk and Sony gave us a very strong first-party line up

PS4 was $100 less than Xbox One at launch and well we know how much Microsoft messed up at the start of the generation and it wasn't until a couple years ago that the Xbox division was given a bigger budget. They have more studios than at any time in the past. 

I'm talking about what you posted earlier, that more competition brings better/more first party games.

While I do agree I pointed that the PS4 had no real competition and still delivered us one of the best first party lineups ever.

Around the Network
BraLoD said:
trunkswd said:

I'm talking about what you posted earlier, that more competition brings better/more first party games.

While I do agree I pointed that the PS4 had no real competition and still delivered us one of the best first party lineups ever.

True... I split up competition like this into intra and extra competition. With PS, we seem to have more of intra-competition, where its like studios within the platform are mostly competing within themselves. They share tech and all that, but they are basically constantly trying to one-up each other and fill genre gaps. We end up getting great games as a result.

Extra-competition though I see as platforms platform. Eg, PS vs Xbox. I think that kinda competition just keeps the platform holders honest and keep prices fair.

Bold and hopefully wrong. $499/399 is fine. Games will sell the systems. Undercutting MS really isn't necessary.

4 ≈ One

Dgc1808 said:
Bold and hopefully wrong. $499/399 is fine. Games will sell the systems. Undercutting MS really isn't necessary.

Why hopefully wrong? 

ironmanDX said:
Dgc1808 said:

Why hopefully wrong? 

They're likely to take a loss already at 499 and especially 399 for the digital edition. 

4 ≈ One

Dgc1808 said:
ironmanDX said:

Why hopefully wrong? 

They're likely to take a loss already at 499 and especially 399 for the digital edition. 

If Ms gave series x out for $99 I'd take it. Idgaf. 

I don't know why you do tbh.