By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - BOLD PREDICTION: PS5 and PS5D to be $399 and $349 respectively

ice said:
If this happens imma go on a diet, no cap.

#SaveMeSony

I’m going to McDonald’s, y’all want a Travvy Patty? 

Around the Network

As I said, you were to bold. As soon as DE was announced I was pretty sure of 399 and 499.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Did NOT happen.

OhNoYouDont said:
Slownenberg said:

haha wow got some Sony fanboys on here. I state how sources are saying Sony is freaking out about Xbox prices and that Sony is now slashing their planned price and you all start claiming no sources can no what Sony is doing and clearly they are unreliable and maybe Sony is actually making the prices higher haha, even though thats the opposite of what the reports say.

No need to get defensive that Sony got caught off guard and has to slash their launch price to get it on par with Microsoft people. I don't get why you'd get all defensive over that, do you guys really have an emotional stake in the fact that Sony has to adjust their price because Microsoft came in lower than they thought they would? That's weird. Sony probably just thought they were safe with having the cheaper launch system because Xbox is more powerful, and now they are cutting the price so that Microsoft can't say they have the most powerful system AND its cheaper.

Several folks asked you to share your sources and you still haven't done so. You either don't have them or don't care enough to share them. However, you took the time to make this really biased post, so you certainly care enough to respond...

Time to put up or shut up.

There's this thing called google. I didn't do any crazy investigating. A couple news stories about Sony freaking out about Xbox price popped up in my news feed. Sounds like you all are the ones that need to shut up and learn to use google haha. I also like how you consider me simply putting up news that was reported as apparently biased haha. Maybe look in the mirror and check your own bias? To answer your question yes I don't care enough to share them, though you all seem very emotional disturbed at me simply mentioning some news so you could always use google which is more than i did because again, i don't care. I do care enough to point out your hypocrisy and extreme bias, I'll give ya that, I don't care enough to try to find the articles I read because I could care less what Sony prices its system at haha. All I did was mention what I read because I saw this topic and it was relevant, which is more than I can say about the posts attacking me for bringing a relevant piece of info here. You brought your own bizarre bias against me in some sort of attack. Still not sure why you all are so emotionally invested in the idea that PS5 had to drop its planned price because of Xbox, that's just business! Sony fanboyism is strong in this thread! Guess we got a bunch of teenagers on this thread haha.

Anyway, this bold prediction thread was off by $100 so it was a tad bit too bold.

Yh yh my prediction was too "bold".

But anyone that really knows me on here would know that I also said it would be $499 and $399.

Just wanted to have some fun lol. And was kinda willing it to happen.

Around the Network
Slownenberg said:
OhNoYouDont said:

Several folks asked you to share your sources and you still haven't done so. You either don't have them or don't care enough to share them. However, you took the time to make this really biased post, so you certainly care enough to respond...

Time to put up or shut up.

There's this thing called google. I didn't do any crazy investigating. A couple news stories about Sony freaking out about Xbox price popped up in my news feed. Sounds like you all are the ones that need to shut up and learn to use google haha. I also like how you consider me simply putting up news that was reported as apparently biased haha. Maybe look in the mirror and check your own bias? To answer your question yes I don't care enough to share them, though you all seem very emotional disturbed at me simply mentioning some news so you could always use google which is more than i did because again, i don't care. I do care enough to point out your hypocrisy and extreme bias, I'll give ya that, I don't care enough to try to find the articles I read because I could care less what Sony prices its system at haha. All I did was mention what I read because I saw this topic and it was relevant, which is more than I can say about the posts attacking me for bringing a relevant piece of info here. You brought your own bizarre bias against me in some sort of attack. Still not sure why you all are so emotionally invested in the idea that PS5 had to drop its planned price because of Xbox, that's just business! Sony fanboyism is strong in this thread! Guess we got a bunch of teenagers on this thread haha.

Anyway, this bold prediction thread was off by $100 so it was a tad bit too bold.

If I put flat earth on google I`ll also find plenty of sites and news about it, guess earth is flat then... that is the level of reasoning you are doing.

Again please put real evidence that this was real.

And Sony seemed very comfortable putting 399-499 as was expected by most users since DE was announced, and we also had Series S 299 right ever since first rumor so like 6 months before it was even announced and Series X price was expected to be 499 to 599 depending on MS willingness to lose money on HW.

So if most of the forum goers got the price right for several months what make you think Sony and MS didn`t have a very good idea of what would be the price of the other?

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

Intrinsic said:
Yh yh my prediction was too "bold".

But anyone that really knows me on here would know that I also said it would be $499 and $399.

Just wanted to have some fun lol. And was kinda willing it to happen.

Yup. $499 was very likely. $399 was somewhat questionable but doable and kinda necessary.

It was worth the shot. If it was by some chance correct... peeps would be hyperventilating, spreading covid like wildfire. Can't have that now.

I say it was good that he was so bold. People are cowards nowadays and only think of themselves. I value boldness More than being right. Good on you, OP!

I am a Nintendo fanatic.

PDF said:
Intrinsic said:

Nope. The delay in pricing doesn't mean anything of the sort.

That and even what MS was doing is just marketing strategy. Nothing more, nothing less. People are just reading more into it than they need to.

If the Xbox stuff didn't leak, chances are that MS would have kept holding out.

Whoever announces price first, shows their hand and concedes an advantage to whoever comes after.

Especially with both of them releasing two SKUs. MS wouldn't want to rice the XSS at $399, then be DOA the second soy prices the PS5D at $399 too. Sony would not want to price the PS5 at $499, only for MS to come at $449 or even $$399 with the XSX...etc. Its just chess.

Funny enough, the fact sony upped shipments for the fiscal year (which in this case for the PS5 only covers Nov 2020 -March 2021, 4 months) from6Mto 10M tells you they always planned on coming in at a price point that could sell units quickly. Mind you, it took sony almost 10 months to ship 10M PS4s, and they plan on shipping that many in 4 months. You don't do that if your price target is $499 and $599. And sony would know that all too well. This is actually why I am almost certain that at least one PS5 SKU will be $399. The only question is if the other SKU will be $449, $499 or $349.

Thanks for actually proving my point. They were clearly watching each other but if Sony had a price point that was better than the S, they would not have waited a week and concede all that news coverage to MS. They would have easily stolen the coverage and still put on a show.

I think seeing the price of the XS played a part in Sony decision on where to price the PS5D at $399.  I think without the Series S we might have seen a $449 PS5D.

People took this as the delay meaning not releasing price until September. I simply meant the delay after we knew the cost of the Xbox SKUs. 

Who on their right mind would expect PS5 DE to be lower than 299?

ironmanDX said:
Dgc1808 said:

They're likely to take a loss already at 499 and especially 399 for the digital edition. 

If Ms gave series x out for $99 I'd take it. Idgaf. 

I don't know why you do tbh. 

I like sony games and want them to stay in business to keep producing more. If i remember correctly, when sony was losing money on the ps3 they lost more than they made on the entire ps2's lifecycle. That kind of business model is not sustainable.

4 ≈ One