By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PS5 Showcase - Wednesday Sept 16

Captain_Yuri said:

Pre-orders are up in Canada

Got mine gents!

https://www.bestbuy.ca/en-ca/event/ps5-release-date-and-news/blte8e97b96555b07f6?icmp=home_slide1_vg_ps5

$599 would have sucked enough, but $629? Common now.

Why you gotta be so greedy Canada? Are corps the only ones who can offer value nowadays?

Around the Network
DonFerrari said:
RolStoppable said:
Today Microsoft won me as a customer.

Care to give your elaborate reasoning?

Do you really need elaboration of what is long running joke, along the lines of if this was a MS showcase he would say PS won me as a customer.

Research shows Video games  help make you smarter, so why am I an idiot

mjk45 said:
DonFerrari said:

Care to give your elaborate reasoning?

Do you really need elaboration of what is long running joke, along the lines of if this was a MS showcase he would say PS won me as a customer.

Sure I need. I give the benefit of doubt and think users are obeying forum rules.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

825 gb, only, is horrible. Considering i can barely last with the 1 tb ps4.

Horizon 2, sackboy, and spidey being ps4 games really killed my mood. Like Only Demon souls is made for ps5. Wow.

mM

Is it just me or Demon's Souls is the only game that does PS5 justice when it comes to graphics? Truly looks next gen. Kind of funny, considering the Souls games are not known for thier graphics.
DS being a launch title seals the deal for me, I'm certainly getting a PS5 this year. Even though I have beaten the original DS at least 4 times on PS3.

Around the Network

Best Buy's pissing me off. Had the PS5 in my cart trying to check out for over an hour now. Annoying.

EricHiggin said:
Captain_Yuri said:

Pre-orders are up in Canada

Got mine gents!

https://www.bestbuy.ca/en-ca/event/ps5-release-date-and-news/blte8e97b96555b07f6?icmp=home_slide1_vg_ps5

Why you gotta be so greedy Canada? Are corps the only ones who can offer value nowadays?

So, you don't know how conversion works. Cool, I can educate you since your Google Fu is bad. 

USD to CAD right now is set at 1:1.32. So, 499 USD translated is actually 659.45. We're getting a deal. Quit your whining, please. 

My Console Library:

PS5, Switch, XSX

PS4, PS3, PS2, PS1, WiiU, Wii, GCN, N64 SNES, XBO, 360

3DS, DS, GBA, Vita, PSP, Android

TallSilhouette said:
Captain_Yuri said:
Has this been posted yet?

Horizon: Forbidden West will also ship for PlayStation 4 as well as PlayStation 5.

wuuuuuuuuut

I'm not that surprised, it points toward Horizon being more likely an early 2021 release rather than late 2021,so they decided to go with a PS4 version to make up for lesser PS5 numbers, also if HZ2 had been originally built as a PS4 release before being move to PS5 itay have had an impact on having a PS4 version.

Research shows Video games  help make you smarter, so why am I an idiot

Runa216 said:
EricHiggin said:

So, you don't know how conversion works. Cool, I can educate you since your Google Fu is bad. 

USD to CAD right now is set at 1:1.32. So, 499 USD translated is actually 659.45. We're getting a deal. Quit your whining, please. 

Ya I know, but during the PS4 gen there was a time when it was only $100 extra and it should have been quite a bit more, yet SNY just ate it.

I also understand they are eating some now, which is why it would be nice if Canada could drum up some value and fix it.

I don't understand why some people are having conniption fits about some games being cross-gen. Yeah, I know Sony said they were gunning for making the next generation feel weighty and important and I get that this is a slight change from that...

...But you all know that being willing to adapt when it's best for your business and for your customers is the better thing to do than sticking to your guns. Change and adaptation are important in literally every aspect of your life, being stagnant and unwilling to learn or change is how you get stuff like MySpace and Blockbuster. Jesus people, some of you need to learn basic economics.

Plus, some games (like Ratchet and Clank) ARE utilizing the super fast SSD and can likely only really work with the intended effect on PS5. IT's called balance.

The difference between what Sony is doing and what Microsoft is doing is that Microsoft said that ALL of their games would be cross-gen for the first few years, thus devaluing the XSX, whereas Sony - while still not as dedicated to their initial goal as some of us would like - still have games exclusive to next gen. Again, it's called balance.

Balance, change, and adaptability are all very important. circumstances change, the world changes, customer needs change, supply chains change, everything changes, this is inevitable. The best companies are the ones that are willing to change and adapt with the times to do the best they can in the current situation. This isn't even like Xbox going from stuff like Forced Kinect and Always-Online DRM to...neither of those things, since that was pretty much murder. this is Sony going from a good idea to a better or more appropriate idea.

I think this is good. It's a nice balance between pushing the value of next gen and allowing those who need it to ease into next gen by getting games on the current gen. There's no way one can argue this is a bad thing except to point and go 'SONY LIED', when that's just not what happened. They changed. They adapted. They did what was best for their customers. this isn't a bad thing, stop trying to paint it as such.

My Console Library:

PS5, Switch, XSX

PS4, PS3, PS2, PS1, WiiU, Wii, GCN, N64 SNES, XBO, 360

3DS, DS, GBA, Vita, PSP, Android