By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PS5 Showcase - Wednesday Sept 16

Order finally went through (after a lot of errors). Anyone trying to order from Best Buy US may wanna try now.

Around the Network
EricHiggin said:

I also can't believe HFW and GOW:R will launch in the same year even if HFW isn't next gen exclusive. That says to me either HFW isn't going to be that spectacular and a minimal upgrade over HZD, or SNY has a full roster of exclusives just waiting to be announced. Either that or GOW eventually get's delayed until 2022.

HFW and GOW:R aren’t made by the same studios...

I don’t see why Sony can’t release multiple AAA titles in the same year. Especially considering GOW released in 2018. No reason its sequel can’t release 3 years later. It might get delayed, but Sony usually release their games when they’re ready. So if SMS is ready to release it in 2021, it will come out in 2021.

Last edited by Hynad - on 17 September 2020

I thought it was underwhelming and don't like some of the games being cross-gen ps4/ps5 titles (like spider-man and Horizon forbidden west).

Demon's Souls looks good but I was expecting more. I actually pre-ordered ps5 but after finding out about some of the games being cross-gen I'm considering cancelling and waiting until next year. Only benefit would be better graphics on ps5 version I assume (compared to ps4 pro I have) but they will be essentially the same games...

God of War ragnorak coming out in 2021 was a bit of a surprise... wouldn't have expected to see it release in 2021 but then with so many delays this year I'll take it with a grain of salt.

Honestly, its just HFW being cross gen that I think most people are disappointed by. 

Sackboy and Miles being cross gen is an easier pill to swallow considering their scope and the fact that Demon's Souls is launching as a PS5 exclusive. I just can't help but think of the compromises HFW will need to accommodate PS4 hardware. 

I think people are imagining that a PS4 version was added or being forced for Horizon, as opposed to the fact that it began as a PS4 game. Beyond that, we've seen a glimpse of what the game has to offer. If the scope and features impressed, we shouldn't worry about a PS5 version being compromised when we were all praising it months ago. This is not changing.

As far as cross gen goes, I would also put GT7 in that bucket unless the game goes into hiding and returns with a fresh paint of coat

Around the Network

The price of the games is going to make me wait until next year to start buying PS5 titles. Even if I get it this year I think I will only play current gen games and wait for PSN deals next year

My 2020 titles would be Cyberpunk & Immortals, both experienced through boost mode

Otter said:
As far as cross gen goes, I would also put GT7 in that bucket unless the game goes into hiding and returns with a fresh paint of coat

I would be SHOCKED if GT7 is not cross-gen. I mean they released GT6 exclusively on the PS3 when the PS4 was already out for crying out loud lol. Funny enough, it actually lends itself more to being a cross-gen title than any other cross-gen title listed thus far.

EricHiggin said:
Runa216 said:

So, you don't know how conversion works. Cool, I can educate you since your Google Fu is bad. 

USD to CAD right now is set at 1:1.32. So, 499 USD translated is actually 659.45. We're getting a deal. Quit your whining, please. 

Ya I know, but during the PS4 gen there was a time when it was only $100 extra and it should have been quite a bit more, yet SNY just ate it.

I also understand they are eating some now, which is why it would be nice if Canada could drum up some value and fix it.

Sounds like you're being the greedy one lol jkk

I'm actually surprised we're getting it for that low and that Sony is nice enough to round down, that's not very common at all. You'd be surprised how many products we get that rounds up and screws us. 

For instance the new iPhone SE is $399US but its $599CAD for us!  Conversion dollar $399US = $526...that's greedy Apple for you...Sony would've charged the iPhone SE to $499 lol.  So ya Sony is looking out for us Canadians :)

John2290 said:
Omg, if it's true Ps5 games are going to be 80 euro here in Europe, if that is true I'm done with console gaming and going the 3070 or 3080 route.

Wait...

So you really believe that prices will go up with consoles and then those same publishers would still keep their games priced at $50 on PC? If so you are in for a shock very soon then.

And all that €80 stuff is just a lot of hot air and nonsense. The prices will all come in line. There is no reason games will be $70 but in turn, be €80 but then the $ vs € price of the hardware itself is the same.

John2290 said:
Intrinsic said:

Wait...

So you really believe that prices will go up with consoles and then those same publishers would still keep their games priced at $50 on PC? If so you are in for a shock very soon then.

And all that €80 stuff is just a lot of hot air and nonsense. The prices will all come in line. There is no reason games will be $70 but in turn, be €80 but then the $ vs € price of the hardware itself is the same.

The Americans already get them for 60 dollars and we have to pay 70 euro right now as is which is 50 dllars on exchange and even if you add in US tax our 70 euro still equates to around 55 dollars. I can't justify games being 80 euro for standerd editions, I already have a problem at the 70 price mark. 

80 euros is $94.00 

...to avoid getting banned for inactivity, I may have to resort to comments that are of a lower overall quality and or beneath my moral standards.