By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PS5 Showcase - Wednesday Sept 16

RolStoppable said:
sales2099 said:

Pretty good showcase.

- Demon Souls being a launch title is a nice touch, should give PS5 launch much more hype
- Spiderman MM getting a PS4 version was the right call to make, not cool gatekeeping a stand-alone expansion to next gen. On the other hand it raises the cross gen double standard that Ps fans been imposing on Xbox.
-Ff16 looks awesome. Not surprised at all it’s only on PS5. Funny seeing people throw around “Console exclusive” for Ps titles, that’s our lingo lol.
- God of War coming next year? Sooner then I thought.
- $399 is a good deal for digital. Surprised main console matching Series X at $499. Thought they go for the kill and do $450. Imo it’s weird a less powerful machine is the same price as Series X but then again I am aware Sony doesn’t care and knows their brand will see them through.

Just my thoughts as a Xbox fan, not looking for a fight. It was a good show.

Your lack of spine is deplorable. Sony deflated most of their hype with mixed messaging and price hikes on software and you come in here with a post like this. You shouldn't be allowed to call yourself an Xbox fan anymore.

See I just saw the trailers and read the news pieces summarizing all the main points of the show. I have NO idea what other people think of the showing. I don’t know what the “meta” reaction is. 

I say something that’s part my genuine take as a Xbox fan mixed with some positivity so people don’t go on a quote rampage with me.

Lol wtf is your problem? What did I miss between the lines?

Edit: I mean now that I’m processing it all they did go all “Xbox Cross gen” with Spiderman, Horizon and Sackboy. I can’t complain because that would be hypocritical but I can imagine PS fans HAVE to adjust their narrative to accept cross gen into their lives. In THAT regard I find this amusing that many PS fans who mocked cross gen are gonna he humbled fast. 

Last edited by sales2099 - on 16 September 2020

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

Around the Network
Norion said:
PotentHerbs said:

That means, there's a chance the PS Blog post had a typo, and Horizon: Forbidden West is a true next generation exclusive!

Nah, the mistake there will be that it's actually exclusive to PS4 lol.

DonFerrari said:

The strange thing is when I was watching there wasn`t that on the end of the trailer I thought it was a slide posted afterwards with some news from somewhere else, like the blog.

It wasn't at the end of it in the showcase but was at the end in the stand alone gameplay uploaded afterwards. Whoever made that mistake has annoyed many people today.

Now it makes sense. I was going to watch some of the trailers standalone to get 4k quality but my internet is very bad today or it is the traffic on the service.

Yep the mistake on the standalone will annoy many people, and it may have happened in more than one title.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

sales2099 said:
RolStoppable said:

Your lack of spine is deplorable. Sony deflated most of their hype with mixed messaging and price hikes on software and you come in here with a post like this. You shouldn't be allowed to call yourself an Xbox fan anymore.

See I just saw the trailers and read the news pieces summarizing all the main points of the show. I have NO idea what other people think of the showing. I don’t know what the “meta” reaction is. 

I say something that’s part my genuine take as a Xbox fan mixed with some positivity so people don’t go on a quite rampage with me.

Lol wtf is your problem? What did I miss between the lines? 

You missed Rol wanting you to behave like him to bring some problems to the thread.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

See I was playing Xbox for the last 4 hours expecting to come online and see a shitstorm of Sony positivity. Wasn’t looking forward to that.

Your telling me Sony....messed up the show???? Color me surprised. The cross gen aspect especially. You’d think after months they would be aware of all their fans bragging about Spiderman and Horizon being true next gen experiences not hindered by last gen. How they made fun of Halo Infinite being held back by Xbox One. Now Horizon 2 is casted in doubt. The whole narrative has crumbled, PS is actually a worse cross gen offender arguably.

Rol, that was for you. Was that more what you expected of me??? ;)

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

sales2099 said:
See I was playing Xbox for the last 4 hours expecting to come online and see a shitstorm of Sony positivity. Wasn’t looking forward to that.

Your telling me Sony....messed up the show???? Color me surprised. The cross gen aspect especially. You’d think after months they would be aware of all their fans bragging about Spiderman and Horizon being true next gen experiences not hindered by last gen. How they made fun of Halo Infinite being held back by Xbox One. Now Horizon 2 is casted in doubt. The whole narrative has crumbled, PS is actually a worse cross gen offender arguably.

And still managed to be a much better show than May and July Xbox events together =p

Around the Network

Pre-orders are up in Canada

Got mine gents!

https://www.bestbuy.ca/en-ca/event/ps5-release-date-and-news/blte8e97b96555b07f6?icmp=home_slide1_vg_ps5

Last edited by Jizz_Beard_thePirate - on 16 September 2020

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

DonFerrari said:
sales2099 said:

And still managed to be a much better show than May and July Xbox events together =p

That’s debatable now. Considering the entire anti cross gen narrative smugness/elitism suddenly evaporated. It’s a good trade. You guys get a good show and I get a favourable narrative shift. 

Digital sold out on Bestbuy canada for now

https://www.bestbuy.ca/en-ca/event/ps5-release-date-and-news/blte8e97b96555b07f6?icmp=home_slide1_vg_ps5

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

Captain_Yuri said:

Got mine gents!

Duude, nice.

I want to preorder mine but I'm waiting on Amazon :< Preorders up on Game if anyone here is from UK.

hinch said:
Captain_Yuri said:

Got mine gents!

Duude, nice.

I want to preorder mine but I'm waiting on Amazon :< Preorders up on Game if anyone here is from UK.

Now if I can only get a 3080. My holiday shopping would be complete!