Bayonetta 3 4.76%

Assassin's Creed 11 17.46%

Dishonoured 2 3.17%

Borderlands 1 1.59%

Dark Souls 13 20.63%

Metro 0 0.00%

Other 6 9.52%

Total:63

Setting aside platform exclusives like Uncharted or Gears for the moment, what non-exclusive new IP do you think was the best of the PS3/360/Wii generation, and why?

Bet with Liquidlaser: I say PS5 and Xbox Series will sell more than 56 million combined by the end of 2023.

Around the Network

Mass Effect

Call of duty

jason1637 said:
Call of duty

Technically that was Gen 6, the original released in 2003.

Bet with Liquidlaser: I say PS5 and Xbox Series will sell more than 56 million combined by the end of 2023.

curl-6 said:

Setting aside platform exclusives like Uncharted or Gears for the moment, what non-exclusive new IP do you think was the best of the PS3/360/Wii generation, and why?

If the games have to have been on all 3 consoles, then I would say Call of Duty for lack of anything better.

At the time, what I liked about COD MW was its near-perfect blend of historical shooter and arcade action & buffs was fun and it was difficult to put down the controller. Add to the fact that a few young people in my neighborhood played it, so it was fun to get good at the game to compete.

But, over the years the franchise was milked and made as a nasty cash-grab, and I'm not really a fan of violent games in general. But like I said, was there anything on all 3 consoles that was really much better?

For the record I'm not really a fan of multi-plats, I often find them bland.

EDIT: New IP - nothing on all 3 consoles. If just PS & XB, I would go with Borderlands. Very cool diablo-style approach to 3rd person shooters.

Last edited by padib - on 11 September 2020

Around the Network
curl-6 said:
jason1637 said:
Call of duty

Technically that was Gen 6, the original released in 2003.

Oof. Assassins Creed then.

I voted Mass Effect, cuz those games are all great (yes, including 4). But, really, Ass Creed is the most significant. It has become one of the top IPs in all of gaming.

Dark Souls, and it's not even close. It's overall my second favourite video game series ever, so that kinda makes it obvious.

My Most Recent Articles:

1. Video Game Music Spotlight #15: Vocal Themes

2. Video Game Music Spotlight #14: A Moment of Calm

3. Gods and Superheroes: The Story of Clover Studio

For my non-video game related writings you can check my blog below.

Latest Post: Disney Canon: Dumbo (1941)

Bayonetta

VanQuish

Kingdoms of Amalur

Dragon Age Origins

Darksiders

3D Dot Game Heroes

Binary Domain

No More Heroes

I wish I could rank Nier in there but it's a spinoff of Drakengard

Bite my shiny metal cockpit!

For me personally, Assassin's Creed. Bioshock, Dishonored, and Borderlands fall close behind. Still haven't gotten around to playing Mass Effect, waiting on the rumored Remaster Trilogy which is supposedly being announced next month.