Dishonoured 2 3.17%

Borderlands 1 1.59%

Dark Souls 13 20.63%

Metro 0 0.00%

Other 6 9.52%

Total:63

Mass Effect

Around the Network

bayonetta is technically not multiplat, just saying. not at this point after both sony and MS dropped the ball and it bacame a nintendo exclusive

VAMatt said:
I voted Mass Effect, cuz those games are all great (yes, including 4). But, really, Ass Creed is the most significant. It has become one of the top IPs in all of gaming.

Agreed. The series for good or bad has had tremendous influence on open world games as a genre too.

Still voted mass effect.

TheBraveGallade said:
bayonetta is technically not multiplat, just saying. not at this point after both sony and MS dropped the ball and it bacame a nintendo exclusive

It was multiplat in Gen 7, and the first game still is.

Bet with Liquidlaser: I say PS5 and Xbox Series will sell more than 56 million combined by the end of 2023.

Dark Souls. Favorite franchise of the bunch, got so huge it sparked its own sub-genre, which I absolutely love.
Bayonetta and Bioshock would be my second choice. Both great franchises I like a lot. Maybe even get Dead Space in there. The first two games are fantastic and the best horror of the gen IMO.
Mass Effect is a distant 3rd/5th place.

Around the Network

Mass Effect for me. Followed closely by Red Dead Redemption and Bioshock

Of the ones there, absolutely Dark Souls, I know Demon's Souls came first as a PlayStation exclusive, but Dark Souls refined everything, made it better, and basically created a new genre we now call "soulslike"... also the games are generally brilliant!

souls influence is too much,

its a disease right now spreading like wildfire haha!

Resonance of Fate. Fun, unique battle system. Good atmosphere and characters.

Of the ones listed, Bayonetta, then Souls. I didn't really enjoy the other franchises listed. Bioshock came the closest, but the third game was a raging disappointment.

I'm going to say Valkyria Chronicles is far and away my favorite new 7th gen franchise, since the first game was my favorite game of the 7th gen. Granted, was exclusive to the PS3 and PSP, but I don't think that was because of any deal Sega had with Sony. It was more a case of Sega not seeing any point in spending money on releasing an already niche franchise on a heavily America-centric platform which they didn't think would respond to it at all, or trying to make its graphics work on the Wii and probably not making many sales there, either. The franchise went Multiplatform the next gen, including the Switch.