By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Immortals Fenyx Rising looks promising

 

Which platform will you get the game for?

PC 4 10.26%
 
Stadia 0 0%
 
Xbox 4 10.26%
 
Playstation 5 12.82%
 
Switch 18 46.15%
 
will not get the game 8 20.51%
 
Total:39
S.Peelman said:

The name sucks though. Every name with ‘Rise’, ‘Rises’ or ‘Rising’ in it sucks, so overdone. Trying to sound cool but it doesn’t. The old name for this game was better.

But it allows puns like "penis rising"



Around the Network
Conina said:
S.Peelman said:

The name sucks though. Every name with ‘Rise’, ‘Rises’ or ‘Rising’ in it sucks, so overdone. Trying to sound cool but it doesn’t. The old name for this game was better.

But it allows puns like "penis rising"

Well at least that's something. XD



Looks decent enough, like a blend between Kid Icarus and Breath of the Wild. But, why oh why did they pick that awful music for the trailer!?



forest-spirit said:
Looks decent enough, like a blend between Kid Icarus and Breath of the Wild. But, why oh why did they pick that awful music for the trailer!?

Oh, so funk music is awful now? I thought you guys only had problem with hip hop/rap.

I agree though that it didn’t fit the game. Maybe you meant to say that?



I am a Nintendo fanatic.

curl-6 said:

It does indeed look like a good game, I'll definitely be picking it up. (On Switch of course)

Far out though, they're not coy about it being a BOTW clone. From the rifts basically being shrines, to the perfect dodge freezing an enemy in time, to the art style, it's practically a copycat in a lot of ways. Not that I mind; I love BOTW and this along with Age of Calamity should make the long wait for BOTW2 more bearable. If you're going to take inspiration, may as well take it from the best I suppose.

Ah yes, dodging constituting time freezing, the concept invented in Breath of the Wild! (Yea I'm being a little bit facetious with that one) 

As far as the game goes, it looks bland and generic, both visually and from a gameplay standpoint. I don't understand wanting more of the same, just worse and less-inspired to be honest. Like, I can understand it conceptually and I'm able to get why people would want that, but emotionally it doesn't make sense to me. I'd probably just end up disappointed with the final product given how many quirks I'm already noticing that feel like generic design decision 101. Unless Breath of the Wild in it's current form never grabbed you, and this grabbed you more, then I understand it better. But like, even a certain amount of design decisions in Breath of the Wild were kind of on thin-ice (the towers, korok seeds, shrines), so I wouldn't want to engage in something that just feels even less imaginative. Because that's mostly why I play games, to engage in something imaginative, not to fill a time card. 

I am very curious to see how this runs on Switch though. 



Around the Network
JEMC said:
vivster said:

As far as I understand this is basically Breath of the Wild but for people who like 60fps.

Color me interested.

I thought your biggest problem with Breath of the Wild were the breakable weapons, not the framerate.

OT: It does look good and even fun. But I'll wait until I see more of it to decide if I'll get it or not.

The framerate was in the top 5 of issues.



If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

The trailer music was abysmal. The game looks like something I would very much enjoy. It also seems primed for Nintendo content on the Switch version (Zelda or KID ICARUS). It's weird because I was so hopeful for Ubisoft support on Switch, after they supported the Wii U the most, and giving us Mario + Rabbids and exclusive Starlink content. But it seems after Starlink it hasn't been so hot. I'm very happy this game is coming at least.



1doesnotsimply

I am not feeling those character models. They look so generic like it was made by a robot.

The rest look fine.



             

                               Anime: Haruhi                                                                                                           Nsfw Anime Thread                                     

I like the trailer music (James Brown - I got ants in my pants) more than the trailer.



FarleyMcFirefly said:
The trailer music was abysmal. The game looks like something I would very much enjoy. It also seems primed for Nintendo content on the Switch version (Zelda or KID ICARUS). It's weird because I was so hopeful for Ubisoft support on Switch, after they supported the Wii U the most, and giving us Mario + Rabbids and exclusive Starlink content. But it seems after Starlink it hasn't been so hot. I'm very happy this game is coming at least.

Kid Icarus content would actually be pretty cool.



3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]