By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Immortals Fenyx Rising looks promising

 

Which platform will you get the game for?

PC 4 10.26%
 
Stadia 0 0%
 
Xbox 4 10.26%
 
Playstation 5 12.82%
 
Switch 18 46.15%
 
will not get the game 8 20.51%
 
Total:39

Eh, just watching the two videos in the OP, not particularly impressed or interested in the game, looks like something I'd pick up on sale for cheap.



Around the Network

Nice artstyle. How cool would it be if Nintendo made a game in this artstyle? I'm sure it'd make for an amazing game.



Ubisoft are currently streaming this on Twitch, if anyone is interested. We all know what it is like and it kinda seems that way, even had a magic lifting thing to solve a puzzle. t looks decent. The main reason I haven't bought a Ubisoft game in a while is simply they love MP online games and require Ubisoft account to play even non MP games sometimes (I lack the latter and don't plan on getting one).

But this and Watch Dogs London look good.



Hmm, pie.

For those wondering why the name was changed, there are two possible explanations:

-The official Ubisoft reason: "At the end of 2019, we got the chance to have more time with the game," Phillips told me. "So all the directors, all the team, we got together, played through the entire game, looked at, 'Okay, what do we want to do narratively? What do we want to do visually, artistically? And what do we want to do gameplay wise?' So as we developed that, as we figured out where we wanted to go, narratively, one of the things we wanted to do was put a bigger emphasis on Fenyx and Fenyx's journey through this adventure, and Fenyx's interaction with the gods, and the gods as sort of this meta context of the unreliable narrators on top of it. And so we really wanted to make that the centerpiece of the game."

-The unofficial reason. Monster Energy supposedly filed a copyright infringement suit against Ubisoft, claiming that Gods & Monsters infringed on Monster Energy. Ubisoft and Monster Energy supposedly reached an out of court settlement, with Ubisoft agreeing to change the name in exchange for an unknown favor or sum of money from Monster Energy, possibly some kind of future Monster Energy promotion for one of their upcoming multiplayer games.



I've avoided paying any attention to this game since the Ubi Forward, because the stills I've seen looked uninteresting and from my experience, most games with convoluted names like turn out fairly mediocre.

But then one of my favorite streamers put out a video where he expressed a lot of excitement for it, and I realized it shared a lot of inspiration from BotW. Now I'm definitely planning on getting it, especially because I think my kids would love it.



 SW-5120-1900-6153

Around the Network
shikamaru317 said:

For those wondering why the name was changed, there are two possible explanations:

-The official Ubisoft reason: "At the end of 2019, we got the chance to have more time with the game," Phillips told me. "So all the directors, all the team, we got together, played through the entire game, looked at, 'Okay, what do we want to do narratively? What do we want to do visually, artistically? And what do we want to do gameplay wise?' So as we developed that, as we figured out where we wanted to go, narratively, one of the things we wanted to do was put a bigger emphasis on Fenyx and Fenyx's journey through this adventure, and Fenyx's interaction with the gods, and the gods as sort of this meta context of the unreliable narrators on top of it. And so we really wanted to make that the centerpiece of the game."

-The unofficial reason. Monster Energy supposedly filed a copyright infringement suit against Ubisoft, claiming that Gods & Monsters infringed on Monster Energy. Ubisoft and Monster Energy supposedly reached an out of court settlement, with Ubisoft agreeing to change the name in exchange for an unknown favor or sum of money from Monster Energy, possibly some kind of future Monster Energy promotion for one of their upcoming multiplayer games.

I still think they should have worked a bit harder to come up with a better or more original name.



@etecoon, why should they‘ve come up with an original name when they never planned to come up with a original game?



okr said:
@etecoon, why should they‘ve come up with an original name when they never planned to come up with a original game?

So true. Personally, I don't think it would be very fun to work on a project that you know once it's complete and all polished up and ready to go that people would instantly say, "This looks exactly like Breath of the Wild."  Even Breath of the Wild is slightly derivative of games like Skyrim and Shadow of Collossus, but at least it did it in its own way that paid homage to those games and didn't just hit the clone button.  I just don't see much in the way of differentiation with this one.  I don't think it will be a bad game, but with the limited time I have to put into games, while still trying to play all the ones I'm excited about, this one just doesn't look like I'll end up getting around to it.  And I do believe that Hyrule Warriors: Age of Calamity being announced just mere days ahead of this one getting its full reveal will be quite impactful on Phoenix's Fenyx's sales. Couple this with the fact that I already need to keep some gas in the tank for BOTW2 and I just can't perceive a long enough gaming drought where I play this any time soon, particularly if it doesn't get stellar reviews and rave opinions from people whose opinions I trust. 



super_etecoon said:
shikamaru317 said:

For those wondering why the name was changed, there are two possible explanations:

-The official Ubisoft reason: "At the end of 2019, we got the chance to have more time with the game," Phillips told me. "So all the directors, all the team, we got together, played through the entire game, looked at, 'Okay, what do we want to do narratively? What do we want to do visually, artistically? And what do we want to do gameplay wise?' So as we developed that, as we figured out where we wanted to go, narratively, one of the things we wanted to do was put a bigger emphasis on Fenyx and Fenyx's journey through this adventure, and Fenyx's interaction with the gods, and the gods as sort of this meta context of the unreliable narrators on top of it. And so we really wanted to make that the centerpiece of the game."

-The unofficial reason. Monster Energy supposedly filed a copyright infringement suit against Ubisoft, claiming that Gods & Monsters infringed on Monster Energy. Ubisoft and Monster Energy supposedly reached an out of court settlement, with Ubisoft agreeing to change the name in exchange for an unknown favor or sum of money from Monster Energy, possibly some kind of future Monster Energy promotion for one of their upcoming multiplayer games.

I still think they should have worked a bit harder to come up with a better or more original name.

Yeah, that movie could have played into it too possibly, but it mainly seems to have been the Monster Energy lawsuit:

https://screenrant.com/ubisoft-gods-monsters-name-change-monster-energy/



Honestly, as generic as it sounds, Gods and Monsters is a much better name to me. It sounds like the kind of name that is generic enough to represent the concept well, and kind of catch on as a roll-off-the-tongue kind of thing. Similar to how the name The Legend of Zelda sounds like it could easily be a classical tale (though that's not the best example since Zelda is a unique enough name).