By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Immortals Fenyx Rising looks promising

Which platform will you get the game for?

PC 4 10.26%

Stadia 0 0%

Xbox 4 10.26%

Playstation 5 12.82%

Switch 18 46.15%

will not get the game 8 20.51%

Total:39

Well, I watched the gameplay and reveal at Ubisoft Forward, and this game looks quite good in my opinion.

Gameplay seems to borrow both from Assassins Creed and Zelda (and similar games). The rifts with challenges seem similar to shrines in Zelda and the overworld seems to contain way more environmental puzzles than Assassins Creed. But the action gameplay looks a lot more like Assassins Creed than Zelda. They didn't show it, but I expect a big skill tree.

Art style is fine for me. And I love greek mythology, and it seems they do it justice.

What do you think?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WQ6m8jbtsZI

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=phpm8v_uRWs

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]

Around the Network

Looks like an Ubisoft version of BotW, not a bad thing.

I will wait for more info before committing to buying it but likely either on Switch or Xbox One X.

Nintendo with the Switch:

looks meh tbh and I predict it will get a score of 6 or 7/10

R.I.P Mr Iwata :'(

Beatemups could play this game:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zWNfVXqYJKk

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]

If it comes out on GamePass at launch I'll go that route via PC. Otherwise Switch!

Around the Network

As far as I understand this is basically Breath of the Wild but for people who like 60fps.

Color me interested.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

It does indeed look like a good game, I'll definitely be picking it up. (On Switch of course)

Far out though, they're not coy about it being a BOTW clone. From the rifts basically being shrines, to the perfect dodge freezing an enemy in time, to the art style, it's practically a copycat in a lot of ways. Not that I mind; I love BOTW and this along with Age of Calamity should make the long wait for BOTW2 more bearable. If you're going to take inspiration, may as well take it from the best I suppose.

Last edited by curl-6 - on 10 September 2020

maybe for ps4 or 5,
does look promising!

I do not mind BotW clones since there isn't saturation yet

Just a guy who doesn't want to be bored. Also

The name sucks though. Every name with ‘Rise’, ‘Rises’ or ‘Rising’ in it sucks, so overdone. Trying to sound cool but it doesn’t. The old name for this game was better.