By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Best second console

I think the best is...

SNES 34 35.42%

PS2 45 46.88%

Xbox 360 17 17.71%

Total:96

All 3 are amazing systems, for sure, but IMO objectively the PS2 comes out on top, easily. The sheer number of titles, and the amount of exclusive content makes it arguably one of the best systems, There was a reason why it destroyed it's rivals.

Vote the Mayor for Mayor!

Around the Network

It definitely isn't the 360.

Between PS2 and SNES, again it is easy. PS2 all the way. I didn't consider myself much of a gamer until I played on the PS2, with its vast array of games. Many of my favorite franchises had their best games on the PS2.

SNES was much better than the NES, but it lacked as wide of variety as the PS2.

Pretty much a tie between the SNES and PS2.

Leynos said:
HoloDust said:

MSX was home computer, not console.

It played cartridge games. It was a console. A lot of consoles back then called themselves a computer. Besides all consoles are really. Famicom had some computer abilities. Either way, MSX was a home gaming system. It was MS first.

Bollocks.

MSX played casette tape, cartridge and floppy disk games. Just like the most popular home computer of all times, C64. It is irrelevant what it was primarily used for (just like C64), it was home computer, and even used in schools for education.

SNES for me. It's home to tons of titles I go back to all the time (Chrono Trigger, A Link to the Past, Super Metroid, Super Mario World, Super Punch Out!!, Final Fantasy IV & VI, Secret of Mana, the Donkey Kong Country trilogy)

Signature goes here!

Around the Network

Ok now THIS is hard

Never cared much for 360, but SNES and PS2 are legendary

I will choose SNES for legacy, but PS2 is probably my favorite system ever

At some point, all three of these were (imo) the best console of their generation and at some point I've called all three the "Best console of all time".

I guess it all depands how you look at it. Ps2 is great console but since ps1 was already huge huge success ps2 didnt add much for Sony beside just continuing dominance, the same can be said about SNES, since it just continued where NES stoped. On the other hand 360 put MS on the scene as competitor to Sony and Nintendo and just another , one and done, console. So i rly think 360 is better second console then ps2 or SNES (i am not talking here about games just about importance of the console for company)

And just another note for ppl who have hard time understanding what i want to say since english is not my first, even its not my second language so if i sometimes say something that make no sense to you just bare with me and correct me where i made mistake.

ps2 with its record breaking sales

Srex117 said:

I guess it all depands how you look at it. Ps2 is great console but since ps1 was already huge huge success ps2 didnt add much for Sony beside just continuing dominance, the same can be said about SNES, since it just continued where NES stoped. On the other hand 360 put MS on the scene as competitor to Sony and Nintendo and just another , one and done, console. So i rly think 360 is better second console then ps2 or SNES (i am not talking here about games just about importance of the console for company)

And just another note for ppl who have hard time understanding what i want to say since english is not my first, even its not my second language so if i sometimes say something that make no sense to you just bare with me and correct me where i made mistake.

This is my feeling as well. In addition, from my POV, SNES was fairly late to the market and PS2 was quite inferior hawrdware-wise to its competitors. 360 was really well balanced and powerful system that actually affected quit a few industry changes and put MS as serious competitior in console gaming.