By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - PS5 and Xbox Series Launch Holiday line-ups

Rafie said:
Bugsnax is a timed exclusive game?

Should be a full exclusive right? ei. havnt heard anything about any xbox versions comeing at all.
Its a PS4/PS5 game, that also comes out on steam *Epic Games store.

That said.... doesnt really look like a game I'd enjoy.
So many people made fun of this game being on the Sony presentation lol.

*edit
I just checked, this is a full exclusive no mention of it being timed.

*edit 2:

shikamaru317 said:
Rafie said:
Bugsnax is a timed exclusive game?

Yes, if you check the official trailer on Sony's youtube channel, a slide pops up at the end that says "Playstation Console Exclusive", with "console exclusive for a limited time" in smaller print at the bottom.

Dang your right!
Their video actually says that.
Even though the wiki or their devs official site for it doesnt mention it at all.

Last edited by JRPGfan - on 20 August 2020

Around the Network

Amount I'll spend during that quarter if I get an Xbox: $15x4 months of gamepass = $60

Amount I'll spend during that quarter if I get a PS5: $60 for each game, probably at least 3, so $180.

I know what route I'm going.

Thank fucking goodness for big third party games, updates to last gen games, and SSD improvements because the first party list for both consoles at launch is doodoo.

shikamaru317 said:
Chris Hu said:
I'm pretty sure that Flight Simulator is probably one of the 50 games that will make the series X launch window.

I hope so, but I don't know if they can get the port done that fast, might be an early 2021 game.

Depending on how early 2021 it is its still launch window then which is the first three month from a consoles launch date. 

I wonder about CrossfireX. Xbox Game Studios Publishing partly funded this game. I don’t think it’ll ever come to PS if this is the case. At the same time they never really made this clear.

Either way it’s good to see everything laid out. From a purely business perspective Halo being a launch title would be wasted. Not much really pops out for either console. The “brand” is really the only system seller in 2020. 

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

Around the Network

they both suck right now

I know a lot of people were disappointed with the PS4 and Xbox One launch windows. For those that experienced those, how does this compare?

Lifetime Sales Predictions 

Switch: 151 million (was 73, then 96, then 113 million, then 125 million, then 144 million)

PS5: 115 million (was 105 million) Xbox Series S/X: 57 million (was 60 million, then 67 million)

PS4: 120 mil (was 100 then 130 million, then 122 million) Xbox One: 51 mil (was 50 then 55 mil)

3DS: 75.5 mil (was 73, then 77 million)

"Let go your earthly tether, enter the void, empty and become wind." - Guru Laghima

If Demon's Souls is in launch window, I'm all in at launch.... £450 or no.

Probably the best console launch lineup ever for PC players.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

Eric Lempel (Head of Marketing) recently called this "the best line-up in the history of PlayStation", and first-party wise I'd have to agree. Launch seems solid, but really launch year looks filled with incredibly strong, proper AAA releases. They also work to highlight the PS5's power and speed: "hopping between dimensions" was guessed as an eventual potential use of the SSD, yet we're seeing it used in a launch window title. It's very good stuff.

The Series X's on the other hand is absolutely barren. This has been XBox's worst year since 2017, and we're just ready for 2 more years of this because "cross-gen is a meme". This is by far XBox's worst launch line-up, and after Halo's embarassing showcase I feel they probably need to delay the system. They won't of course, but it will be dire.