By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - PS5 and Xbox Series Launch Holiday line-ups

shikamaru317 said:
jenpol said:
maybe we should add Ratchet and Clank after today's show

Thing is, the metric I'm using for this launch window list is Holiday 2020, and I'm not convinced that Insomniac meant Holiday 2020 when they said launch window for Ratchet & Clank today. Sometimes publishers will refer to like the first 6 months of a new console as launch window, I think maybe even the first 9 months sometimes. The fact that they specifically listed Spider-Man PS4 as Holiday 2020 back in the June show, but had no date or window on the Ratchet & Clank demo in either the June show or today's Gamescom show, and only called it launch window in the interview portion, does suggest to me that it's not Holiday 2020, but probably Q1 or Q2 2021. 

You should change the title of the tread to launch title instead of window.

With the info we have RnC is in the window.

Around the Network

Added the following game to the list:

Override 2: Super Mech League

jenpol said:
shikamaru317 said:

Thing is, the metric I'm using for this launch window list is Holiday 2020, and I'm not convinced that Insomniac meant Holiday 2020 when they said launch window for Ratchet & Clank today. Sometimes publishers will refer to like the first 6 months of a new console as launch window, I think maybe even the first 9 months sometimes. The fact that they specifically listed Spider-Man PS4 as Holiday 2020 back in the June show, but had no date or window on the Ratchet & Clank demo in either the June show or today's Gamescom show, and only called it launch window in the interview portion, does suggest to me that it's not Holiday 2020, but probably Q1 or Q2 2021. 

You should change the title of the tread to launch title instead of window.

With the info we have RnC is in the window.

Changed it to launch Holiday lineup.

Added Dead By Daylight and Poker Club to the list.

Tulipanzo said:
shikamaru317 said:

a. As far as we currently know, Sony only has 3-4 big exclusives for 2021, Horizon: Forbidden West, Ghostwire Tokyo, Deathloop and Demon's Souls remake (assuming it isn't a 2020 game). Xbox will have 3 big games for 2021 most likely, Halo, Flight Sim, and Forza Horizon 5, possibly more since they still have a 3rd 2020 show and E3 2021 where they can still announce more 2021 games. 

b. As far as I know the only games on my 2021 list that are already released on PC are Flight Sim and Bright Memory. Bright Memory is in the 500k-1m range on Steam Spy, which isn't bad at all for a game developed by 1 person. Flight Sim just released and according to an insider is selling on pace to sell more than 1m in the first month.

You're putting a title you made-up to prop-up XBox's barren launch, while removing stuff Sony announced.
This is deluded fanboyish behaviour

Xbox will very likely have a Forza (either 8 or Horizon 5) game launch next year, after not having one last year or this year. I really don't see the problem with this assumption. You calling someone a fanboy because they made the educated assumption of a Forza game releasing next year is way more fanboyish behavior than anything Shikamaru said.  

Around the Network

Added Bridge Constructor: The Walking Dead and Vigor to the list.

Added 12 Minutes to the Xbox Series list.

Kena: Bridge of Spirits just got delayed.

...to avoid getting banned for inactivity, I may have to resort to comments that are of a lower overall quality and or beneath my moral standards.

Kena: Bridge of Spirits has been removed from the list due to it's delay to Q1 2021.

https://www.ign.com/articles/kena-bridge-of-spirits-for-ps5-ps4-pc-delayed-to-q1-2021

Man all the appealing next gen games are getting delayed.