By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - PS5 and Xbox Series Launch Holiday line-ups

PS5 & Xbox Series X/S No Man's Sky next generation Includes updated graphics and added features. Available on both at their launch dates.

...to avoid getting banned for inactivity, I may have to resort to comments that are of a lower overall quality and or beneath my moral standards.

Around the Network

@shikamaru317 

Digital Foundry: "But I do think it's worth pointing out that [PS4 games running better in Boost Mode on PS5] is not the same as some games like Days Gone and Ghost of Tsushima that've actually received enhancements separate from the normal BC mode. So, they actually run at a full 60 frames per second."

Currently, you list 8 XB1 games under "Free graphical update" but you've chosen to leave out games such as Days Gone and Ghost of Tsushima even though according to Digital Foundry those games have indeed received free enhancements separate from Boost Mode. For instance, the free graphical update for Days Gone will include faster loading times, 60fps and dynamic 4K.

So I'm wondering how you determine which games to include when talking "Free graphical update". Is it based on that Sony hasn't marketed this ala "Optimised for Series X"? Is it based on that you feel the updates for the 8 XB1 games are more extensive?

Whatever the reason, don't you think that your rules risk ending up being quite arbitrary?

Replicant said:

@shikamaru317 

Digital Foundry: "But I do think it's worth pointing out that [PS4 games running better in Boost Mode on PS5] is not the same as some games like Days Gone and Ghost of Tsushima that've actually received enhancements separate from the normal BC mode. So, they actually run at a full 60 frames per second."

Currently, you list 8 XB1 games under "Free graphical update" but you've chosen to leave out games such as Days Gone and Ghost of Tsushima even though according to Digital Foundry those games have indeed received free enhancements separate from Boost Mode. For instance, the free graphical update for Days Gone will include faster loading times, 60fps and dynamic 4K.

So I'm wondering how you determine which games to include when talking "Free graphical update". Is it based on that Sony hasn't marketed this ala "Optimised for Series X"? Is it based on that you feel the updates for the 8 XB1 games are more extensive?

Whatever the reason, don't you think that your rules risk ending up being quite arbitrary?

I'm showing where 3 days ago they announced upgrades for Days Gone, but I'm not showing anything for Ghost of Tsushima (just that it will run better with the boost mode).  I'm sure he'll add the free graphical updates for Days Gone in his list.  

He also clearly stated to let him know about anything he's missed in the OP. 

...to avoid getting banned for inactivity, I may have to resort to comments that are of a lower overall quality and or beneath my moral standards.

DroidKnight said: 
I'm showing where 3 days ago they announced upgrades for Days Gone, but I'm not showing anything for Ghost of Tsushima (just that it will run better with the boost mode).  I'm sure he'll add the free graphical updates for Days Gone in his list.

Bold: Well, we wouldn't have to guess if OP answered himself. But thanks.

I don't think we have specific graphical updates for Ghost or Days gone, the patch was to include 60fps modes (probably at their PS4 Pro resolution)

Around the Network
Otter said:
I don't think we have specific graphical updates for Ghost or Days gone, the patch was to include 60fps modes (probably at their PS4 Pro resolution)

I may be out of the loop here but how is that different from say Halo being boosted to dynamic 4K and 120fps?

Replicant said:
Otter said:

I may be out of the loop here but how is that different from say Halo being boosted to dynamic 4K and 120fps?

Yeah, not sure, I was just thinking of Gears where there were graphical updates. It does look comparable to halo. In any case the fps jump is probably more notable than subtle graphical settings.

Haven't been following the conversation but my take is counting BC games as launch titles is kind of pointless when so many games are getting automatically upgraded to the point of them feeling fresh

Last edited by Otter - on 06 November 2020

Otter said:
Replicant said:

Yeah, not sure, I was just think of Gears where there were graphical updates. It does comparable to halo. In anycase the fps jump is probably more notable then subtle graphical settings.

Haven't been following the conversation but my take is counting BC games as launch titles is kind of pointless when so many games getting automatically upgraded

I agree, Gears had a more extensive update but I don't really follow the line of thought on some of the others.

Hopefully OP will clear things up.

shikamaru317 said:
Replicant said:

@shikamaru317 

To be honest with you, I didn't know that Days Gone and Ghost of Tsushima had received enhancements. Adding them now. 

Oh, ok. I appreciate honesty.

Day 1 graphical update for for Series X.  Almost looks like a different game.  Not just graphics but additional terrain elements were also added.  No word yet on anything for the PS5.