By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - PS5 and Xbox Series Launch Holiday line-ups

Shaunodon said:

With no Halo, these are very much just run-of-the-mill launch lineups. The most interesting part will be the price discrepancy between the multiple skus, and the difference in performance of multi-plats.

Just patiently waiting for next E3. They'll both sell well out the gate regardless, but I don't expect much excitement from next-gen before then.

This is kind of what I'm thinking too. I'm sure both with sell out but long-term is questionable. We also don't know where the economy will fall. People may just stick with older hardware and not upgrade. The $70 game will drive a lot of people away and inflation may cause the AAA game to become unprofitable. I think 2021 is going to be the real determining year. Otherwise, neither line up looks amazing. Though, in fairness, launch line-ups usually suck. 

Visit my site for more

Known as Smashchu in a former life

Around the Network
shikamaru317 said:
Shaunodon said:

I wouldn't even put Horizon: Forbidden West down for 2021 right now. If it had a realistic chance at actually making that window, they would've put 2021 in the initial trailer. A quote during a dev interview of, 'we're aiming for next year', is sketchy at best.

Yeah, he basically said in that interview that while they are aiming for 2021, it could be delayed into 2022 quite easily. 

Horizon: Forbidden West, a game confirmed for 2021, isn't coming in 2021.
Yet, Forza Horizon 5, an unannounced, unconfirmed game rumoured to be in development is certainly coming next year. When you have to result to making games up and coming up with imaginary delays, it's beyond clear how weak XBox's offering is.

I'm not impressed with Sony's because I think they have super secret stuff: what they've actually shown is really impressive, and clearly working well to position the PS5 for early next-gen.
XBox's offering, by the same metric, is inadequate, and looks to stay that way for "the next couple years", and we'll see the results of their strategy come launch. 

Theres rumors of Demons Soul's potentially makeing the launch window.
Apparently its been rated for release on japan/korea. Even if its not at launch, it might be the following month or so.

Theres also been reports from Offical playstation magazine, that claims GT is in the launch window as well.

So the holidays, you'll potentially be playing Spiderman/Demon Souls/GT on PS5.

Last edited by JRPGfan - on 22 August 2020

So much talk about launch lineups but like Phil said for both consoles next-gen is all about feel, I can't wait to just play third party games on next-gen consoles.
Xbox SX - Best graphic combined with 60-120fps; faster loading; better input time & Project Acoustics.
PS5 - Fastest Load time, 3D audio; Adaptive triggers & Haptic feedback, 60 FPS.
Both consoles will now have all the benefits of SSD gaming.

Last gen console gaming was a real let down when compared to PC. Consoles gaming was pretty much stuck at sub 60FPS. I'm so glad that both made commitment to faster load times but I would really like to see both Microsoft and Sony commit to 60FPS options for all games.

Between gamepass and Console exclusive on Xbox and PS5 exclusives in the work both consoles will soon deliver on the games. When combining the launch lineup with third parties games and both hardware supporting backward compatibility both consoles are truly delivering one of the biggest launch lineups.

maybe we should add Ratchet and Clank after today's show

Around the Network

With the announcement of ratchet and clank as a launch window, the ps5 line up is shaping up to be better than the ps4 lineup. Just at launch godfall and spider man are gonna be better than killzone and knack.

shikamaru317 said:
jenpol said:
maybe we should add Ratchet and Clank after today's show

Thing is, the metric I'm using for this launch window list is Holiday 2020, and I'm not convinced that Insomniac meant Holiday 2020 when they said launch window for Ratchet & Clank today. Sometimes publishers will refer to like the first 6 months of a new console as launch window, I think maybe even the first 9 months sometimes. The fact that they specifically listed Spider-Man PS4 as Holiday 2020 back in the June show, but had no date or window on the Ratchet & Clank demo in either the June show or today's Gamescom show, and only called it launch window in the interview portion, does suggest to me that it's not Holiday 2020, but probably Q1 or Q2 2021. 

You should change the title of the tread to launch title instead of window.

With the info we have RnC is in the window.

Tulipanzo said:
shikamaru317 said:

a. As far as we currently know, Sony only has 3-4 big exclusives for 2021, Horizon: Forbidden West, Ghostwire Tokyo, Deathloop and Demon's Souls remake (assuming it isn't a 2020 game). Xbox will have 3 big games for 2021 most likely, Halo, Flight Sim, and Forza Horizon 5, possibly more since they still have a 3rd 2020 show and E3 2021 where they can still announce more 2021 games. 

b. As far as I know the only games on my 2021 list that are already released on PC are Flight Sim and Bright Memory. Bright Memory is in the 500k-1m range on Steam Spy, which isn't bad at all for a game developed by 1 person. Flight Sim just released and according to an insider is selling on pace to sell more than 1m in the first month.

You're putting a title you made-up to prop-up XBox's barren launch, while removing stuff Sony announced.
This is deluded fanboyish behaviour

Xbox will very likely have a Forza (either 8 or Horizon 5) game launch next year, after not having one last year or this year. I really don't see the problem with this assumption. You calling someone a fanboy because they made the educated assumption of a Forza game releasing next year is way more fanboyish behavior than anything Shikamaru said.  

Kena: Bridge of Spirits just got delayed.

...to avoid getting banned for inactivity, I may have to resort to comments that are of a lower overall quality and or beneath my moral standards.

Man all the appealing next gen games are getting delayed.