By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sports Discussion - 2022 NBA Offseason - Rest in Peace Bill Russell

Chef Curry! Still, it worries me Warriors need him to absolutely go nuclear in order to win.

Around the Network

What the Celtics need to do:
- Take better care of the basketball.
- Get Steph in foul trouble.
- Get more consistent offensive production from Horford and Smart.
- Continue to dominate the boards.
- Brown has to keep attacking the basket.

What the Warriors need to do:
- More consistent scoring from guys NOT named Stephen Curry.
- Klay and ESPECIALLY Draymond to step up defensively.
- Keep Brown out of the paint.
- Give Looney, Porter, and Payton more minutes.
- Steph has to keep being Steph.

Andrew Wiggins is making his own case for Finals MVP!

KLAMarine said:

Chef Curry! Still, it worries me Warriors need him to absolutely go nuclear in order to win.

I think Andrew Wiggins stepped up last night to prove that they don’t necessarily need curry to be the only scorer.  That’s two games in a row that he has played damn good.

I could be wrong, but series is over IMHO. Celtics aren't going to win two straight including a potential game 7 on the road. Tatum simply isn't playing good enough.

Around the Network
Chrkeller said:

I could be wrong, but series is over IMHO. Celtics aren't going to win two straight including a potential game 7 on the road. Tatum simply isn't playing good enough.

It'd be foolish to count out the Celtics in Boston, especially with their backs against the wall. I could easily see them winning Game 6 and then WHO KNOWS what happens in a Game 7. 

PAOerfulone said:
Chrkeller said:

It'd be foolish to count out the Celtics in Boston, especially with their backs against the wall. I could easily see them winning Game 6 and then WHO KNOWS what happens in a Game 7. 

Agreed. They're gonna come out with everything they've got. It's not hard to imagine a scenario where the Warriors are down 15 points or so within the first 6 minutes, and if that happens, the place is going to go absolutely bananas. And when that happens, especially in a close out game, the Warriors are the kind of team who routinely goes "meh...whatever, let's just get em next time."

That said, I do kind of believe that's Boston's only shot here. They need to punch the Warriors in the mouth early, and hard. Make them decide within the first half that it's not going to happen tonight. If we get to the second half, and it's a tightly contested game, I think GS finishes the job.

PAOerfulone said:
Chrkeller said:

While possible it is improbable.  Winning two straight games against a 3 time championship team, with game 7 on the road....  and curry played bad in game 5....  I'll take the warriors all day long.  

My Top 10 Greatest Players of All-Time, Pre-Finals:
1. Michael Jordan
2. Kareem Abdul-Jabbar
3. Bill Russell
4. Kobe Bryant
5. LeBron James
6. Larry Bird
7. Magic Johnson
8. Tim Duncan
9. Wilt Chamberlain
10. Hakeem Olajuwon/Shaquille O'Neal (I'm always flip-flopping between these two.)

POST FINALS:
1. Michael Jordan
2. Kareem Abdul-Jabbar
3. Bill Russell
4. Kobe Bryant
5. LeBron James
6. Larry Bird
7. Magic Johnson
8. Tim Duncan
9. Stephen Curry
10. Wilt Chamberlain

Last edited by PAOerfulone - on 11 July 2022

Very well-deserved finals MVP for Steph. Warriors are way too battle tested for these moments.