By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sports Discussion - 2022 NBA Offseason - Rest in Peace Bill Russell

Congratulations to the Denver Nuggets for winning their first NBA Championship and to Nikola Jokic for winning the Finals MVP and being the first player to lead all players in total points, rebounds and assists during the NBA playoffs. I think, the have very good chance of repeating since pretty much the only key player they will lose is Bruce Brown. Also, the Nuggets could have looked a whole lot different than they do now since they drafted Rudy Gobert and Donvan Mitchell but neither player ever played a game with them. They definitely got the vastly superior duo with Jokic and Murray instead. Jokic and Murray was the best duo in the finals since Shaq and Kobe.

Around the Network

Very impressive! I feel bad for Butler since he might never get a ring but happy for the Nuggets for them getting their first.

KLAMarine said:

Very impressive! I feel bad for Butler since he might never get a ring but happy for the Nuggets for them getting their first.

I badly want to know the real details of what when down in Philly a few off-seasons ago, because that was clearly the best setup for both him and the Sixers getting a championship. I've always wondered if Jimmy really just chose to walk on his own, or if the Sixer's stubborness to keep faith that Ben Simmons would actually develop his skillset ultimately put Jimmy off. Because there's no way I believe the Sixers actually chose to pay Harris over him.

Denver were lucky lebron wasn't 100% healthy. It should've been the lakers

Pinkie_pie said:

Denver were lucky lebron wasn't 100% healthy. It should've been the lakers

The Lakers did not get swept by the Nuggets because LeBron was not 100% healthy, they got swept by the Nuggets because they had nobody that could slow down Nikola Jokic and they threw more people at him than any other team that faced them in the playoffs.  D'Angelo Russell playing like ass did not help either since Jamal Murray stepped up his game big time during the playoffs.  The only injury that stopped a team for advancing in the West was De'Aaron Fox's broken hand.  Plus, if Chris Paul would have stayed healthy that series would probably have gone to seven games, but the Nuggets still would have won since they were a better and deeper team plus they had home court advantage throughout the Western conference playoffs.

Around the Network

Are there any NBA fans here on VG chartz. My favorite team is the Bulls because I am from Chicago but unofficially I am going for the Detroit Pistons because I love Detroit.

BiON!@