By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Bioshock 2 or Infinite

I think the best is...

Bioshock 2 7 20.59%

Bioshock Infinite 27 79.41%

Total:34

I never got past the first hour of 2. Infinite was one of my stand out experiences of last gen and stuck with me even more than 1

Around the Network

I never actually played Minerva's Den, and it seems to no longer be downloadable for the 360 version I own. Bummer.

EDIT: Nevermind, there seems to be an Ultimate Edition with the DLC on disc, will check it out sometime.

Last edited by curl-6 - on 21 August 2020

i think the fresh new paint that is columbia was stunning from the submerged depths of rapture,

i think we should be comparing bio1 to bio infinite that would be a fair contest!

2 was more of the same, which isn't too bad when "the same" is Bioshock 1. Gameplay-wise it has definitely improved but story-wise it can't hold up with Bioshock 1 and Bioshock Infinite.
My vote goes to Infinite. Definitely one of the best games of gen 7.

Barozi said:

For me too. Top 5 material definitely.

shikamaru317 said:
I love the setting, art style/graphics, and gameplay of Infinite, and Elizabeth is still one of the best game characters ever created. I have some story issues with Infinite though.

Totally agreed on Elizabeth; from AI to VA to animation to writing, she was just so masterfully brought to life in every way. To this day I think her only rival is Senua from Hellblade.

Around the Network

Infinite... hell after replaying the first Bioshock (HD remaster) on my PS4, I realized just how dated the game was. So yeah, overall Infinite remains my favorite in the series, and one of the best game last generation.

Vote the Mayor for Mayor!

curl-6 said:
Barozi said:

For me too. Top 5 material definitely.

shikamaru317 said:
I love the setting, art style/graphics, and gameplay of Infinite, and Elizabeth is still one of the best game characters ever created. I have some story issues with Infinite though.

Totally agreed on Elizabeth; from AI to VA to animation to writing, she was just so masterfully brought to life in every way. To this day I think her only rival is Senua from Hellblade.

Absolutely agree with this. Elizabeth is one of the best female characters that the gaming industry had ever created. I see there is a bit of revisionism to Infinite by many, but replaying it last year made me realize that any flaw the game had, the positive aspects far outweigh all of them. It's just a masterpiece all around.

Vote the Mayor for Mayor!

I feel like Infinite was in part a victim of circumstance; it had the misfortune to come out the same year as TLOU and was overshadowed by that game's success, which is a real shame.

shikamaru317 said:
curl-6 said:

I feel like Infinite was in part a victim of circumstance; it had the misfortune to come out the same year as TLOU and was overshadowed by that game's success, which is a real shame.

GTA V as well was in 2013. It definitely had tough competition.

True that, but I feel like TLOU had more of an overshadowing effect due to the games having a lot in common; both story-driven shooting/adventure games where you play as a protective father figure to a plot-critical young woman.

shikamaru317 said:

What issues you had with the story? I just remember it being superb :P