By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - I tried to sue Microsoft.

Tagged games:

SvennoJ said:
JRPGfan said:
Is it just normal to have that many TV and consoles in a home in the US?
As a european I basically think its "atypical" to have more than 2 TV's in a house.
Sure a laptop/pc for each, but that many TVs? That many Consoles? thats alot of love, you showing Xbox.

I live in Canada and screens kinda pile up over time.

Got the 65" 4K HDR tv in the living room, with the old 52" 1080p LCD next to it so I can race while someone else watches tv.
50" plasma screen in the bedroom.
Old 34" flat screen CRT in the guest room.
Old 20" CRT in the attic.
Cheap 55" 4K tv in the basement for the kids to play.
Got the old 1080p projector with 92" screen as well in a separate room but don't use it much anymore.
My oldest kid got his own 40" 1080p tv now in his bedroom.

My wife and I both have a laptop, kids both have laptops, 2 old laptops still work.
2 old desktops in the basement with 1280x1024 screens.
iPad, iPhone, 2 switches, wiiU, ps4 pro and pr4 both with PSVR (bought a second PSVR on sale)

So choice of watching Netflix on 22 screens... (or you tube, I think Netflix doesn't work yet on switch)

Same here. I have 4 kids too, so it also explains it a bit.

I have my main TV in the living room (86'')

Then in my bedroom, each of my kid's room and another one in the basement.

Each of them with an Xbox One X or S.

And yes, Netflix... is everywhere :)

Around the Network

So you’re the reason MS can’t afford Crimson Skies HD or PGR5. Thanks.

To the OP, good for you.
I see somebody rationalizing why MS did it, and yeah the performance benefits are pretty clear.
But that doesn't matter to somebody who wanted this feature, and MS' forced update is removing functionality they purchased.
People who didn't care about this feature from beginning could infer it had performance penalty and cost (Kinect),
so were probably that much more likely to buy a PS$ and never bother giving MS their money for an Xbox in first place.
Personally I'm in that camp as I don't see benefit of this compositing, especially when TVs have own Picture in Picture etc.
But that's why I'm not Xbox gamer, so discounting the interests of people who bought Xbox for those reasons is arrogance,
and sad to say it is MS who is discounting it's customers who actually valued the features that Xbox was promoted and sold with.
This is just about MS being held accountable for taking away something that they already sold to customers.
I would say it's at least on par with "Linux OS" on PS3, as it's alternate content/interface aside from primary gaming one.
Ultimately it is political matter of government and laws which prevent this kind of exploitation, if MS writes the laws they will make it legal,
and if there isn't organized popular political power then there is really nothing to prevent MS influencing things, as "IP rights" were invented from scratch,
and you now see even regular people regurgitating that propaganda like it's a law of nature or written in the 10 commandments or something (it's not).

Send MS an email. Or ambush Bill Gates and serve him a subpoena. Whatever floats your boat.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F1gWECYYOSo

Please Watch/Share this video so it gets shown in Hollywood.

Why would go through all this trouble and spend alot of money to fight them where at most u will get is 50 bucks. Surely the lawyer fees will be more than 50 bucks. I know the features was fun but it was also a gimmick lol.

Around the Network

If you own that many Xbox consoles you seem wealthy enough you don't need to sue to get more money over something trivial. That is such overkill. Way overreacted.

Last edited by Leynos - on 16 August 2020

Bite my shiny metal cockpit!

Reminds me of when Sony removed PS2 emulation (software) from PS3 and Linux support. Sucks when it happens.

Sadly not much you can do about it since you agreed to T&C when first booting in and updating a console.

Leynos said:

If you own that many Xbox consoles you seem wealthy enough you don't need to sue to get more money over something trivial. That is such overkill. Way overreacted.

Heh, I bought 6. You don't have to be wealthy, especially if you wait for deals.

1. I first received one as a gift at launch.
2. I eventually bought a refurb for another room. Eventually gave that to a friend. I'm guessing I paid $200.
3. Bought a 3rd for a place I was staying. Probably paid $200.
4. Bought a new unit as a gift, maybe paid $300?
5. Bought the Xbox One S during black Friday. Paid $200.
6. Bought the Xbox One X for maybe $350.
7. Bought another Xbox One X for $300 to replace what I had in a different room.

We are talking maybe $1500 with taxes and warranties over 6 years. Its also a great media device, streaming and even using video files. So that's why I had it in multiple rooms.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

I'd actually like to see snap on the Series X. It could better handle it and I imagine it would look much cleaner on a 4K screen.

The snap feature could be choppy and I felt like I was losing too much image fidelity on a 1080p screen shrinking the game.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

hinch said:

Reminds me of when Sony removed PS2 emulation (software) from PS3 and Linux support. Sucks when it happens.

Sadly not much you can do about it since you agreed to T&C when first booting in and updating a console.

Sony never removed PS2 emulation on PS3 fat models, they just stopped selling PS2-compatible PS3 models.

Since they never promised PS2-BC for PS3 Slims, they had no problem regarding BC.

Otherwise the shitstorm would have been much bigger than from the tiny group of Linux fans.