By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - I tried to sue Microsoft.

Tagged games:

John2290 said:
d21lewis said:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/OtherOS?wprov=sfla1

I got mine! I think it was like $50 or something. Also got about ten dollars from another class action lawsuit that Sony lost but I can't remember what the reason was. Maybe PS Vita false advertising or something.

Ohhh yeah. Shit. I forgot about Linux and all the open ended stuff they were doing. This brought me back to folding at home, free online and now "How to save a life" is playing in the back of my mind. Those were the days. 

Folding at home is still a thing and still popular.

There's only 2 races: White and 'Political Agenda'
2 Genders: Male and 'Political Agenda'
2 Hairstyles for female characters: Long and 'Political Agenda'
2 Sexualities: Straight and 'Political Agenda'

Around the Network

I see there is merit on your sue, but probably will receive few bucks per console. Try finding other owners to make a class suit.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

I agree that MS screwed us by removing that feature. It was great, and I made use of it fairly often. I don't understand why they removed it.

I agree that they owe XB1 owners some compensation for removing it. Their decision to do so definitely did remove value from the system.

Killing a feature is always bad, even if only a fraction of people used it.

I personally never used that snap-feature with my Xbox One or Xbox One X... how did it work with two 16:9-sources on one 16:9 screen. Could they overlap in one corner to not waste too much space? And how was it mixing the audio sources... could you shift the volume between them?

I'll just use a second screen for the less important task (f. e. netflix on the tablet standing on the table while playing Forza on the big TV).

Last edited by Conina - on 16 August 2020

After reading this "I tried to sue Microsoft" i thought of this straight away..

Mega Corps like MS would have some pretty intimidating lawyers you would think.

Last edited by Azzanation - on 31 August 2020

Around the Network

Is it just normal to have that many TV and consoles in a home in the US?
As a european I basically think its "atypical" to have more than 2 TV's in a house.
Sure a laptop/pc for each, but that many TVs? That many Consoles? thats alot of love, you showing Xbox.

John2290 said:
ArchangelMadzz said:

Folding at home is still a thing and still popular.

Popular? If no one does it does it really exist?

COVID-19 Got a shit tonne of people using it again.

There's only 2 races: White and 'Political Agenda'
2 Genders: Male and 'Political Agenda'
2 Hairstyles for female characters: Long and 'Political Agenda'
2 Sexualities: Straight and 'Political Agenda'

JRPGfan said:
As a european I basically think its "atypical" to have more than 2 TV's in a house.
Sure a laptop/pc for each, but that many TVs? That many Consoles? thats alot of love, you showing Xbox.

I live in Canada and screens kinda pile up over time.

Got the 65" 4K HDR tv in the living room, with the old 52" 1080p LCD next to it so I can race while someone else watches tv.
50" plasma screen in the bedroom.
Old 34" flat screen CRT in the guest room.
Old 20" CRT in the attic.
Cheap 55" 4K tv in the basement for the kids to play.
Got the old 1080p projector with 92" screen as well in a separate room but don't use it much anymore.
My oldest kid got his own 40" 1080p tv now in his bedroom.

My wife and I both have a laptop, kids both have laptops, 2 old laptops still work.
2 old desktops in the basement with 1280x1024 screens.
iPad, iPhone, 2 switches, wiiU, ps4 pro and pr4 both with PSVR (bought a second PSVR on sale)

So choice of watching Netflix on 22 screens... (or you tube, I think Netflix doesn't work yet on switch)

SvennoJ said:
JRPGfan said:

I live in Canada and screens kinda pile up over time.

Got the 65" 4K HDR tv in the living room, with the old 52" 1080p LCD next to it so I can race while someone else watches tv.
50" plasma screen in the bedroom.
Old 34" flat screen CRT in the guest room.
Old 20" CRT in the attic.
Cheap 55" 4K tv in the basement for the kids to play.
Got the old 1080p projector with 92" screen as well in a separate room but don't use it much anymore.
My oldest kid got his own 40" 1080p tv now in his bedroom.

My wife and I both have a laptop, kids both have laptops, 2 old laptops still work.
2 old desktops in the basement with 1280x1024 screens.
iPad, iPhone, 2 switches, wiiU, ps4 pro and pr4 both with PSVR (bought a second PSVR on sale)

So choice of watching Netflix on 22 screens... (or you tube, I think Netflix doesn't work yet on switch)

I'm American, and I think over my lifetime (I'm 40) every home that I've lived in (whether with family or roommates) we've had one TV in the bedroom for every person that was ~12 or older, one TV in the family room, and one TV in the basement (if a basement existed).  So, that equaled 6 TVs at some points.  Right now, we have three in the house because it's just me, my wife, and a toddler.  We have considered adding one more though, and probably will soon.  I have XBs on two TVs now, but would add one to the new TV if we decide to do that.  

I would note that this isn't a thing that can be universally applied to north Americans. Between the u.s. and Canada, you have close to 400 million people. We all live different ways.  But, I do think we tend to have more TVs than average, mostly because TVs are cheap as shit here.  Basically, unless you're pretty broke, there's no reason not to have TVs in every room where you might ever want one.  

Conina said:

Killing a feature is always bad, even if only a fraction of people used it.

I personally never used that snap-feature with my Xbox One or Xbox One X... how did it work with two 16:9-sources on one 16:9 screen. Could they overlap in one corner to not waste too much space? And how was it mixing the audio sources... could you shift the volume between them?

I'll just use a second screen for the less important task (f. e. netflix on the tablet standing on the table while playing Forza on the big TV).

After a lot of plotting and planning, I actually have a PC monitor right beside my TV and with some creativity, I have it set up where it can mirror the main TV or play a second console (XBO, PS4, Wii U, PS3, 360, or Dish Network). 

It's a satisfactory alternative. And with smart TVs being so common now, it's a feature that is kinda obsolete. I still get kinda mad about them taking away the feature, though.