By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sports Discussion - The NFL Thread 2020: Tampa Bay Buccaneers win Super Bowl LV

Looking forward to a bold HERO PICK rule, so I can disguise my complete ineptitude as mere valor...

Around the Network

Thank you Rol for the job you did all year. I was one week late from participating last year, but I still followed that thread and remember how much trouble the previous thead creator had with managing it all. It can't be easy, so I appreciate the efficient job you've done for all of us.

Looking forward to the changes for next season's thread. Also promises to be a very interesting offseason, with as many as 18+ teams rumoured to likely have new starting QBs.

Good season. As Shaunodon said, nice to have you back running the thread, Rol.

Happy the Queefs lost.

LudicrousSpeed said:

Happy the Queefs lost.

49ers fan?

Around the Network
KLAMarine said:
LudicrousSpeed said:

Happy the Queefs lost.

49ers fan?

Broncos 

I like that the Patriots are spending money to load up on some talent, especially Cam who deserved another chance without the weight of the world stacked against him. I still don't know about the balance of players. The only offensive weapon so far is $50m for Jonnu Smith. He had 1200yds and 15 TDs.. in his entire four seasons. Gronk had 1300yds and 17TDs in one year. Jonnu Smith is young and from what people are saying has great upside, but I don't know about $50m for him in this NFL economy. They better have a serious eye on a top WR for this draft. Can't afford to whiff as badly as they did with N'Keal Harry.

Still, Patriots are quickly emerging as one of the most interesting teams this offseason. A lot more interesting to me than the Rams who I feel overreached for Stafford and just seem like Fool's Gold. Both I feel are in need of a top offensive weapon before they can be serious contenders. Patriots at least still have several assets available, though as I predicted last offseason in the previous thread, they shot themselves in the foot by winning too many games. I didn't think they would have Cam Newton though.

Edit: So apparently if you take time to blink, Bill Belichick will have signed half the league by the time you've finished. God damn lmao.

Still lacking a true no.1 for now, but I love the offensive depth they're building.

Last edited by Shaunodon - on 15 March 2021

I like the moves the Cardinals did so far this off season even though they are in a tough division they should have a better record this season than last season.

Ever since the 49ers made that trade up to #3, I’ve been watching videos of Justin Fields, Trey Lance, Zack Wilson, and Mac Jones.
Based on the short sample I’ve seen, I hope they take Lance.

Looking forward to the 17 game regular season. Also since they pretty much doubled their money from the new television deals the salary cap should go up some pretty soon even with the revenue they lost due to COVID 19.