By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sports Discussion - The NFL Thread 2020: Tampa Bay Buccaneers win Super Bowl LV

Chris Hu said:

Should have picked the Bucs but I stuck with my season bracket prediction pick. Not really surprised that the Bucs won but I am surprised that they held the Chiefs to single digits in scoring.

I picked a larger margin for this game than against the Packers. If you had the same, I was just gonna add another 7 for the Bucs. Tom Brady didn't get to the first home Super Bowl just to 'pass the torch', as the whole media was having fever dreams imagining.

We were told there'd be history with the youngest ever to lift multiple SB trophies. Well last time I checked Tom Brady's daughter is still younger than Mahomeboy

Guess we can lock that record in for good. Either way, it belongs to a Brady :)

Around the Network
Shaunodon said:
Chris Hu said:

Should have picked the Bucs but I stuck with my season bracket prediction pick. Not really surprised that the Bucs won but I am surprised that they held the Chiefs to single digits in scoring.

I picked a larger margin for this game than against the Packers. If you had the same, I was just gonna add another 7 for the Bucs. Tom Brady didn't get to the first home Super Bowl just to 'pass the torch', as the whole media was having fever dreams imagining.

We were told there'd be history with the youngest ever to lift multiple SB trophies. Well last time I checked Tom Brady's daughter is still younger than Mahomeboy

Yeah nobody is going to catch Brady in Superbowl wins and appearances.  I doubt there was a player that was on all the Packers Championship teams from the sixties so Brady has more championships then any other NFL player.  The Bucs should be better next year so I like his chances of winning it again next year. 

Metallox said:

Man, if only Brady had gone to the Chargers.

The Chargers are in good hands with Justin Herbert he had the best rookie year ever for a NFL qb and he didn't even play in all the games.  The Chargers and Herbert will probably be one of the main reasons that Mahomes might not even win four championships.

So there are actually 15 players that where on all the championship Packers teams and have five championships each with the Packers three of those players also won another championship with another team and have six titles but Brady is the only player that has seven championships now.

KLAMarine said:

If Brady can do this, why doesn't Brees and Rodgers strive for similar? I expect retirement ages to extend in the future.

It looks more and more likely that Brees will retire at least he going to give the Saints some more cap space for next season since he will restructure his contract they still could be $79 million dollars over the cap.  The Packers also have cap problems they could be $32 million dollars over the cap.  Just due to cap reasons the Saints and Packers will be worse next season.

Around the Network
Chris Hu said:
Shaunodon said:

Yeah nobody is going to catch Brady in Superbowl wins and appearances.  I doubt there was a player that was on all the Packers Championship teams from the sixties so Brady has more championships then any other NFL player.  The Bucs should be better next year so I like his chances of winning it again next year. 

If Brady happens to win next year, were talking 8 rings so they will have to look at thumb rings for him after that

Research shows Video games  help make you smarter, so why am I an idiot

Shaunodon said:
Chris Hu said:

(Finally found the sequel photo.)

PAOerfulone said:

Lionel Messi - 6

Michael Jordan - 6

Tom Brady - 7

Messi has won way more than Brady. But that's to be expected due to the number of competitions. 

My bet with The_Liquid_Laser: I think the Switch won't surpass the PS2 as the best selling system of all time. If it does, I'll play a game of a list that The_Liquid_Laser will provide, I will have to play it for 50 hours or complete it, whatever comes first. 

The Chiefs also have cap issues. Tampa Bay currently has the most cap space in the NFC.

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/cap/2021/

Metallox said:
PAOerfulone said:

Lionel Messi - 6

Michael Jordan - 6

Tom Brady - 7

Messi has won way more than Brady. But that's to be expected due to the number of competitions. 

The NFL is the hardest league to get a championship since the average career only lasts a little over three years there is a much higher chance of getting a career ending injury, there is a pretty hard salary cap and a lot more free agent movements each season and there are way more chances each season when it comes to coaching staff and other key personal.  Not sure about Messi since I don't really follow soccer but Jordan's six title didn't really have a high degree of difficulty since he had the same head coach for all titles and he had Pippen for all six titles.  Even though he only won two titles Peyton Manning is my second best quarterback of all time since he got to the title game four times with two different teams and with four different head coaches which is a higher degree of difficulty then Montana and Bradshaw winning four with the same team.