By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Website Topics - A Message To Our Xbox Community...

So, if the mod-team intends to create a more friendly environment for the XBox-community, I'd like to hear an outlook how the situation of a thread like the one about Halo-delay would be handled in future, a thread that was completely vanished so that I cannot put some examples of what I did like or dislike in the thread. I think answering this question would be very important for any XBox-fans.

Also, do the mod-team intend to bring more gamer-groups into VGC, like more PC-gamers and retro-gamers (which are partly active here, but not very strong communities) or mobile gamers and streaming-gamers (like Stadia-gamers), which are currently in fact not really present at all.

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]

Around the Network
Mnementh said:
So, if the mod-team intends to create a more friendly environment for the XBox-community, I'd like to hear an outlook how the situation of a thread like the one about Halo-delay would be handled in future, a thread that was completely vanished so that I cannot put some examples of what I did like or dislike in the thread. I think answering this question would be very important for any XBox-fans.

Also, do the mod-team intend to bring more gamer-groups into VGC, like more PC-gamers and retro-gamers (which are partly active here, but not very strong communities) or mobile gamers and streaming-gamers (like Stadia-gamers), which are currently in fact not really present at all.

One of the main things will be thread bans happening before a final killing of a thread. Outside of duplicate threads, retaliatory threads, threads made to bait, etc, etc... we're going to try a removal of specific users causing trouble as a complete first resort.

Also, we're going to keep a closer eye on Xbox related topics (especially in the near future, so we can be sure that things are happening a little more evenly across the board). As always, we can't be everywhere at once, but there are enough of us to put in the work for the most part.  

As for more gamers, hell yeah! I'd love it if all of those groups saw a bigger presence here! It would not only drive site traffic, but why not? We already have a robust gaming circle, may as well expand!

Mnementh said:

Does stadia still have users?

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

kirby007 said:
Mnementh said:

Does stadia still have users?

I tried out Strange Brigade yesterday. The shooting gameplay is not exactly my style of game, but the narrator is hilarious.

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]

Spade said:
Props to this, Versus the permabanned would have upvoted this I'm sure ;) ! Hoping the new gen brings in some new Xbox users, getting real sick of Noble, Ice, and Ryuu. jk.

I can always ban them for you. Well, except Ice. You'll just have to ignore him. 

Around the Network

I think one of the things which usually create a lot of tension and bad blood is click bait articles being used to create threads / topics. Similar to Gaf and Era I think it would be good if thread topics can be vetted based on sources of the article / info linked.

Once vetted, if more questions need to be asked to the OP they can or the new thread can be denied and a reason given to the OP.

The best way to create a safe space is vetting the topics as they often encourage toxic behaviours.

Sometimes rewording /phrasing can go a long way and mods can help do this before publishing a new topic.

shikamaru317 said:

I'm very happy to see you guys addressing this issue. I know I personally felt that the mod team's attitude towards the Xbox fanbase was questionable for most of my 7 years on VGC. The things I saw certain users of other fanbases get away with in regards to trolling and baiting Xbox fans, while certain Xbox fans seemed to get banned for alot less, had me rolling my eyes a great many times over the years, but I kept my mouth shut about it because it often seemed like questioning the mod team was a good way to get yourself banned. (...)

Those were the days. I was at the top of my game, poked all the green bears with a stick and then reported them for the smallest of things to get them banned.

Ah, good times...

Legend11 correctly predicted that GTA IV (360+PS3) would outsell SSBB. I was wrong.

A Biased Review Reloaded / Open Your Eyes / Switch Shipments

I applaud this and 💯 agree that every fanbase deserves a safe/respectable place where they can discuss and express their passion in any hobby/brand they love without being attacked!

Lets all be unified and bigger than engaging in petty useless wars and level up people.

I welcome this. Thank you CGI and team, hopefully, this will make a difference.

I know I may not be as active as others, but there is one thing that you may want to look at: do not let people who clearly want to downplay or make sure they have the first word create threads about Xbox news.

You can see this happening a lot and it always becomes a shit show and we have to rely on the Xbox empire thread to talk about whatever topic their introduced (but with their own wordings to make sure it starts just bad). Please be also mindful of that, if someone who clearly does not like Xbox is creating a thread about it (while pretending this is something they are interested in), this is usually not ending well and the purpose of it is clear from the start.

I know this is tricky, but really, some of it is pretty obvious from the start.

Fei-Hung said:
I think one of the things which usually create a lot of tension and bad blood is click bait articles being used to create threads / topics. Similar to Gaf and Era I think it would be good if thread topics can be vetted based on sources of the article / info linked.

Once vetted, if more questions need to be asked to the OP they can or the new thread can be denied and a reason given to the OP.

The best way to create a safe space is vetting the topics as they often encourage toxic behaviours.

Sometimes rewording /phrasing can go a long way and mods can help do this before publishing a new topic.

Well, my point is actually pretty much aligned to this. 
Fei-Hun g may be referring to news tho (which imo should not be a problem) but I'm talking about user threads here. Again, those are really obvious on the forums.