By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Why I'm Keeping my Switch, and Digital Refunds!

Tagged games:

Yeah man Nintendo are brutal. Don't ever buy digital from them unless it's only a few dollars. Sony is the same from my experience. The Sony guy laughed at me though, at least Nintendo have never done that.

Around the Network
RolStoppable said:
Hynad said:

You would be blind not to notice who are replying to the OP in such manner. 

Not that it would be the first time for you to be blind to that. When it comes to Nintendo, you have next to zero objectivity, and have been displaying it for years.

Looks like you are missing the point on purpose. I had asked you if you can define 'toxic' in a way that it only applies to the respondents, but not the thread creator.

There sure are a bunch of replies that aren't nice, but they are responses to an original post and thread title of the same kind. But if you acknowledged that the OP itself was over the top, you'd have to change your desired conclusion regarding toxicity.

The thread starter didn't attack anyone here. Yet was ganged up on for having something negative to say about Nintendo.

What more, even after receiving all this negativity from people here, he didn't reply in kind. So that should tell you who's toxic between both sides.

Hynad said:
RolStoppable said:

Looks like you are missing the point on purpose. I had asked you if you can define 'toxic' in a way that it only applies to the respondents, but not the thread creator.

There sure are a bunch of replies that aren't nice, but they are responses to an original post and thread title of the same kind. But if you acknowledged that the OP itself was over the top, you'd have to change your desired conclusion regarding toxicity.

The thread starter didn't attack anyone here. Yet was ganged up on for having something negative to say about Nintendo.

What more, even after receiving all this negativity from people here, he didn't reply in kind. So that should tell you who's toxic between both sides.

You mean like how SOME people were ganged up on when they said the PS5 didn't look like a significant upgrade to the PS4?

People get bent out of shape around the board.  Your problem is you seem to imagine a "Nintendo defense force" but ignore such behavior on all other fronts.

Nintendo Switch Friend Code: SW-5643-2927-1984

Animal Crossing NH Dream Address: DA-1078-9916-3261

Should have bought a physical copy.

Best part of this thread hynad not being toxic

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

Around the Network
RolStoppable said:
Hynad said:

You mean this post where he acknowledges that he wasn't being reasonable, which in turn means he understands that he carries responsibility himself for the replies he got?

https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9199822

3. Yes I agree saying "i'm not buying another" was over the top - i'd just spent over an hour reading about court cases and scouring through their returns policy so wasn't exactly in a reasonable mood/ 

Did anyone who had already replied double down on him afterwards? Doesn't look like it, so there's no noteworthy toxicity from either side in the end. Thread started on the wrong foot, but neither side escalated further.

Yet, only one side apologized. 

Stop buying digital games and you won't have troubles selling back the games. Buy physical games while they still exist, untill the time they'll force players to buy digital games only. And some games are still that expensive after 3 years cuz players still buy them obviously. Skyrim is still at 60 bucks btw.

Last edited by Kanemaru - on 16 August 2020

RolStoppable said:
Hynad said:

Yet, only one side apologized. 

Neither side apologized. This isn't kindergarden with elaborate "I am sorry" sequences to make it clear where everyone stands. People here are old enough to figure who's sincerely hostile and who isn't.

Indeed, it's not kindergarden with elaborate "I am sorry" sequences. People can apologize in many manners, like he did by admitting he did something wrong. 

You lost me at assuming Nintendo games had online.

People play Nintendo for whimsical unique experiences you can’t find on the competition. What is also common sense is that their online network is on par with Xbox Live in 2003. Fans simply accept this so long as the games are great. 

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

I just came here for a few laughs and I got them, so good day mates, may peace be on all of you

Just a guy who doesn't want to be bored. Also