By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Why I'm Keeping my Switch, and Digital Refunds!

Tagged games:

sub-zero-TM said:
Really... that's why you would sell your Switch ? Not because of Nintendo's ridiculous prices or the fact that there's been barely any improvement to the system at all since launch.

How bout the fact that there is barely any new games ? This is the most ridiculous thing, as a Switch owner i'm so frustrated with lack of games and announcments ! Where is the new Zelda and Mario games ?? where is Mario and Zelda collections ? Where is Bayonetta 3 and many others ?? AND GODDAMNINT don't you dare mention Animal Crossing to me!! the last big BIG game was Super Smash.. and the last new game that interested me was Luigi's Mansion, so i said to myself i will not hesitate for a second to sell this useless console for a PS5.

The PS4 has been absolutely slaying this year!! And after all those exclusives and third party games and Ghost of Tsushima i look at my switch and say: Why the hell does this stupid thing continue to sell so well ? F this i deserve better, i invested so much into this thing ! WE all deserve better as switch owners.

Look i love Switch and Nintendo games (except BS like Pokemon and Animal Crossing) but i'm sick of this half assing and this flimsy console, i hope Ninty get's of their lazy ass and do something cause the PS5 is right around the corner and things are looking phenomenal for it. My dream would be Mario collection.. 64,Sunshine,Galaxy games in 1080p 60 fps ahh.. that alone would make me keep my switch forever or buy it again if i have to.

COME ON NINTENDO WAKE UP!!

Do you kiss your mother with that mouth?

Link's Awakening isn't a year old, BoTW2 has been announced and didn't we just get Paper Mario?

Mario 64 in 1080p/60fps? Why?

Nov 2016 - NES outsells PS1 (JP)

Don't Play Stationary 4 ever. Switch!

Around the Network

Yeah, that policy is pretty messed up. You have companies like Microsoft that let you play a game up to six hours or two weeks (whichever comes first) and you can still return it. In the day and age, Ninny needs to step it up.

I'm still unable to play my Switch at all because of their crazy Animal Crossing decisions. I bought the game for my daughter in April but there was a Switch shortage. Couldn't get her a Switch of her own until May--and STILL can't transfer her save data. She plays it daily which means I can't take my Switch with me. 90% of my playtime was portable mode. So now, I don't even have a Switch. 😢

d21lewis said:
Yeah, that policy is pretty messed up. You have companies like Microsoft that let you play a game up to six hours or two weeks (whichever comes first) and you can still return it. In the day and age, Ninny needs to step it up.

I'm still unable to play my Switch at all because of their crazy Animal Crossing decisions. I bought the game for my daughter in April but there was a Switch shortage. Couldn't get her a Switch of her own until May--and STILL can't transfer her save data. She plays it daily which means I can't take my Switch with me. 90% of my playtime was portable mode. So now, I don't even have a Switch. 😢

If your daughter has your Switch can't you play your daughter's Switch?

Nov 2016 - NES outsells PS1 (JP)

Don't Play Stationary 4 ever. Switch!

sub-zero-TM said:

Look i love Switch and Nintendo games (except BS like Pokemon and Animal Crossing) but i'm sick of this half assing and this flimsy console, i hope Ninty get's of their lazy ass and do something cause the PS5 is right around the corner and things are looking phenomenal for it. My dream would be Mario collection.. 64,Sunshine,Galaxy games in 1080p 60 fps ahh.. that alone would make me keep my switch forever or buy it again if i have to.

I don't understand your point. You criticize Nintendo laziness (which is fine) but then you want them to make ports of old games to "keep your interest in Switch"

Isn't this the most lazy thing they can do? Milk their fans with old ass games sold at full price instead of spending resources making great new games? Indeed they are doing exactly this with Pikimin 3, Xenoblade Chronicles, and you want them to do MORE of this? How come? 

Just a reminder... This thread is about Nintendo's refund policy, not their actual game releases, not Microsoft or Sony's game releases or anything else.
Taking underhanded jabs about another user or platform is thus irrelevant.

Keep on topic, keep it constructive. Cheers.

--::{PC Gaming Master Race}::--

Around the Network

Gonna be honest with you here champ, this is far and away the most "ok zoomer" post I have come across here on VG Chartz.

THREAD BAN (perm): Flaming 

Last edited by CGI-Quality - on 16 August 2020

numberwang said:

I feel sorry for your loss

Kimishima has this regal look to him, as though he’s part CEO, but also the King of Honshu and Duke of Kyoto, Duke of Osaka, Count of Nagasaki, and slaughterer of Okinawa.

I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.

IcaroRibeiro said:
sub-zero-TM said:

I don't understand your point. You criticize Nintendo laziness (which is fine) but then you want them to make ports of old games to "keep your interest in Switch"

Isn't this the most lazy thing they can do? Milk their fans with old ass games sold at full price instead of spending resources making great new games? Indeed they are doing exactly this with Pikimin 3, Xenoblade Chronicles, and you want them to do MORE of this? How come? 

As a non-native English speaker, I am mostly concerned by the fact that he used the word “cause” in this context =P

Also, I have no idea what’s lazy about Nintendo’s work-rate, the fact that the gigantic and intricately woven Breath of the Wild team had only 300 people frankly baffles me.

I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.

Pyro as Bill said:
d21lewis said:

If your daughter has your Switch can't you play your daughter's Switch?

I got her a teal Switch Lite with a sparkly carrying case. I considered just transferring every game to it but I guess I'm insecure. Also thought about just selling that Switch and buying another regular Switch. That's an extra $100 plus whatever I lose selling a "used" Switch (I doubt it has an hour's playtime). And I still haven't seen a normal Switch in the wild since the pandemic began.

JWeinCom said:
COKTOE said:
I appreciate a good consumer rage thread. It's a rich u of my early history here. I can see where you're coming from with the way the game was promoted with, at the very least, a highly dubious bullet point. "Nintendo Switch Online Compatible"? Quiiiite the stretch when all that is referring to is cloud saves. And the policy is pretty terrible too. I wasn't even aware how poorly Nintendo and Sony treat customers in this regard.

But... if you click on the page the game tells you exactly what it supports. 

Yes, and I always do more than make a cursory glance when purchasing, but the Online Compatibile lable that proceeds that page could give a customer the wrong impression.

Online compatibile, to most people, does not mean cloud saves. If one were having a casual conversation with a friend about a game, and the friend mentioned as part of the description that it was online compatibile, they would probably wouldn't think the friend meant it was capable of being patched to fix bugs and nothing else. In fact, if he did frame things in such a way, you may look at him funny. That's just expected. Industry standard. All games do it. Why would you even mention that it's "online compatibile" when it's online functionality is so inconsequential? Not unlike cloud saves. Why lable it like that at all? Keep it as part of the product description, but don't put it out front.  It doesn't seem to be the way MS does things. It certainly isn't this way with PS. I guess all my PS4 games are "online compatibile" by this standard.

Speaking of which, and just as an aside, I find it amusing that this filter produces results that total 3696 games, which is basically the entire Switch library. So why even bother with the distinction?

Last edited by COKTOE - on 16 August 2020

- "If you have the heart of a true winner, you can always get more pissed off than some other asshole."