By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Why you should buy PS5 on launch date explained.

Why are none of your points arguments to buy the console at launch? One of them is even an argument to get it later.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

Around the Network

The amount of cringe in the OP actually makes me want to get an XSX instead.

Nintendo Switch Friend Code: SW-5643-2927-1984

Animal Crossing NH Dream Address: DA-1078-9916-3261

V-r0cK said:
I wont buy one at launch because I'm actually working on my backlog PS4 games, like legit and it feels great lol, And also probably by the time I finish my backlog I'm sure the PS5 slim would come out and I wouldn't mind waiting for that. (plus im sure the slim will also look good in my living room too lol)

Currently playing Megadimension Neptunia V II. Love it, but it's gonna be my whole summer. Games like this really hammer home that I will never finish my backlog.

@OP. It IS a lovely looking console.

- "If you have the heart of a true winner, you can always get more pissed off than some other asshole."

The main reason is because it's a playstation. You can't go wrong with a playstation no matter the number.

PS: Unless it's like $700

God bless You.

My Total Sales prediction for PS4 by the end of 2021: 110m+

When PS4 will hit 100m consoles sold: Before Christmas 2019

There were three ravens sat on a tree / They were as blacke as they might be / The one of them said to his mate, Where shall we our breakfast take?

GrahfsLament said:
DonFerrari said:
Well I`m also planning to buy on the first opportunity.
It is funny to see so many people complaining that the dual shock never changes, and when it changes and with that you can`t use the older one on the new system it become an issue (even if for all the previous generation that wasn`t ever a problem).

I was definitely not one of these people :D I stated here that I find the original DualShock form-factor more comfortable than the DualShock 4's (I can't speak to how the DualSense will rest in my hands, but it looks like the answer is 'less well').

On topic: I'll pass on the launch PS5, but I'm glad that you're this excited about it. As for me:

1) If I get a PS5, regardless of the when, this number can only stay the same or grow larger. Games won't disappear after the launch window (physical copies will probably be harder to track down). Besides, if they're good enough, there will likely be a GOTY, Complete Edition, or Remaster at some point anyway. In the interim, my backlog knows no shortage.

2) Also not applicable for me.

3) The price (whatever it ends up being) will (most likely) only go down with time. Moreover, I have no doubt that Sony will release a PS5 Pro at some point. If I get anything, it will likely be this (unless I have reason to believe Sony will release a PS5 Pro Ultimate!).

4) The above reply to DonFerrari addresses point 4 for me in terms of any desire to move on from the original DualShock

5) As a hardware enthusiast, I'm always a fan of software being specifically optimized to push singular, customized tech. It seems to me that 3rd party games tend to shy away from doing this, however. If you have a link you could post of which 3rd parties have made this commitment, I'd love to check it out.

I was very fine with original DS as well, but DS4 made me even happier, when I pick up an older DS it feel a little strange. But yes I didn`t need changes on it, waiting to see how dual sense will feel out, I guess it will be an improvement.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Around the Network
melbye said:
Nah i need to buy a third Switch just to have it

Why would you buy a Switch, when you can get a brand new PS5 and finally enjoy third party support without being salty about 5 gens of Nintendo 3rd party drought.

User was banned for this post.- JWeinCom

Last edited by JWeinCom - on 07 August 2020

JapaneseGamesLover said:
melbye said:

Why would you buy a Switch, when you can get a brand new PS5 and finally enjoy third party support without being salty about 5 gens of Nintendo 3rd party drought.

For the same reason someone might buy a PS5, and then be salty that Nintendo is not a multiplat 3rd party company.

Nintendo Switch Friend Code: SW-5643-2927-1984

Animal Crossing NH Dream Address: DA-1078-9916-3261

I only buy slim Playstations.

GoOnKid said:

I only buy slim Playstations.

I might hold out long enough for the PS5 Slim. But who knows. I just know I'm not getting a PS5 at the end of this year. It'll be a shock if I get one in 2021. It's looking like 2022-2023.

Lifetime Sales Predictions 

Switch: 151 million (was 73, then 96, then 113 million, then 125 million, then 144 million)

PS5: 115 million (was 105 million) Xbox Series S/X: 57 million (was 60 million, then 67 million)

PS4: 120 mil (was 100 then 130 million, then 122 million) Xbox One: 51 mil (was 50 then 55 mil)

3DS: 75.5 mil (was 73, then 77 million)

"Let go your earthly tether, enter the void, empty and become wind." - Guru Laghima

JapaneseGamesLover said:
melbye said:

because Nintendo is like a deity and their consoles are like prophets need to be worshipped