Rate the look of the PS5

5 46 31.51%

4 30 20.55%

3 25 17.12%

2 19 13.01%

1 24 16.44%

Not sure yet 2 1.37%

Total:146

1. Tacky. Hideous. Worse than those ugly gamer PCs with all the angles and stupid lights.

Bite my shiny metal cockpit!

Around the Network

looks like a sandwich being pulled apart...get yourself together man...be decent for crying out loud.

So the max rating for PS5 is 5/10? That is harsh.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

I like simplistic design a lot, this is certainly not that. It doesn't sit all that well with me, the curves of the outer casing and the rounded shape pressed against sharp angles fucks it up for me. And the color is off as well, I'd much rather have a pure black version, this is all contrast and will also clash with everything I own near and around my TV set.

d21lewis said:
It's growing on me. Still don't like the spaceship look as that gets outdated quickly but I'll give it a 3.5/5 on its own. It's gonna class with everything in my game room, bed room, and living room, though. I need an all black version.

Spaceship look will never get outdated!

I was at 1/5, warmed up to a bit to indifferent currently 3/5. At least it's visible enough not to get stepped on or knocked over!

Around the Network
DonFerrari said:

I didn't seen anywhere in the OP saying a scale of 1-10.  I assumed the scale for OP's purposes is 1 to 5, with 5 out of 5 meaning you enthusiastically like it.

To OP - I have to go with 1 out of 5.  I personally just don't like the color scheme or the curved out plastic on either side.  I feel like if Nintendo had gone with such a design scheme, a lot of the people saying they absolutely love the design would find themselves saying that the white plastic gives it a cheap kids toy look that is out of place with the modern equipment around their TV.

I think its a 4 when its standing... and maybe a 3 when laying down.
It looks better standing imo.

Mummelmann said:
 And the color is off as well, I'd much rather have a pure black version, this is all contrast and will also clash with everything I own near and around my TV set.

Yeah the 2 differnt colours of such contrast (white and black), isnt my favorite either.
I saw fan pictures of controllers where they changes up the colours of it, and it came out much better than the black + white design.

Im hopeing Sony does a PS5 version, that is in differnt colours.

Mandalore76 said:
DonFerrari said:

I didn't seen anywhere in the OP saying a scale of 1-10.  I assumed the scale for OP's purposes is 1 to 5, with 5 out of 5 meaning you enthusiastically like it.

To OP - I have to go with 1 out of 5.  I personally just don't like the color scheme or the curved out plastic on either side.  I feel like if Nintendo had gone with such a design scheme, a lot of the people saying they absolutely love the design would find themselves saying that the white plastic gives it a cheap kids toy look that is out of place with the modern equipment around their TV.

Hey I was just joking =p

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

2/5