4 30 20.55%

3 25 17.12%

2 19 13.01%

1 24 16.44%

Not sure yet 2 1.37%

Total:146
Bristow9091 said:
Immersiveunreality said:

Seems to be designed to have the best flow of heat while the console stands up looking at how it is curved,not that it will matter that much and i'm always putting them flat myself.

I mean technically I could have it stood up beside my tele, although it'd mean my tele would be off center on the stand... I also have two cats that love running around and knocking things over, I'd rather not see it be pushed off either lol. Shame too since I know standing it upright would be the optimal situation. Oh well, I've had every other PlayStation flat and can't sat I've ever had problems other than my PS4 Pro going into overdrive during very unexpecting games... it was pretty whisper quiet while playing Horizon, yet playing Ni no Kuni 2 it sounded like a jet engine, lol. 

First bold:Yeah same here,especially the malecat faceplants into objects when he is lazy and miscalculates his jumps.

Sec bold: Yes my PS4 also made the sound of disappointment when i played that game :P (forever bitter about it)

Around the Network
JWeinCom said:
Hynad said:

”Surprisingly”, most PS fans like the look of the PS5 or are okay with it, while most Nintendo and X-Box fans crap on it.

People are allowed to have opinions that differ than yours without being accused of bias.  Enough of this already.

A simple observation which, unsurprisingly, you don’t like.

User was banned for this post and this one https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9167222

-JWeincom

Last edited by JWeinCom - on 15 June 2020

John2290 said:
CladInShadows said:

Only thing that gives me hope is that Microsoft essentially does it with all its backwards compatible games.  But you do need to insert the disc the first time. Still, there are other ways to register your game online if Sony wanted to allow it.

Also, there is no way in hell Sony will charge 700 or even 600 for a discless console.  I'd say best case scenario is 500 for disc based and 400 for discless.  More likely though is 500 and 450.  But if Sony wants to succeed, they will not charge 700. Play Asia has no inside info.

Fingers crossed.

Yep!  And really, if it comes down to 50 dollars to ensure I will get backwards compatibility, then I'm paying the 50 dollars.

Honestly when it was reveal, my thought was " it's weird ". But then a few hours later after that i said "it's OK" and next day i am realize it actually like " spaceship ", Alien building, and then suddenly it become clear they trying to aiming futuristic design and bold design.

It remind me a lot like Alienware product which i like it. Probably i will give 5 . Now it's growing on me.

Mandalore76 said:
DonFerrari said:

Hey I was just joking =p

My bad!  It's hard to decipher joking/sarcasm in written text, and I took you too literally.

Don't mind, that happens to all of us. And since I'm a fierce PS defender I can understand it could be seem I was pissed =p

Now on a little more serious note I don't like the 5 star rating because it lose to much gradient (not on this voting because it is good to have fewer options, but on game review the 4 to 5 is to big of a difference when on metacritic 70 is average and 90 is greatest).

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Around the Network
CladInShadows said:
John2290 said:

I doubt you'll get that option. Play Asia just had a listing of 700$... ouch. Not for me if that's true, even if they eat 80 off the cost to manufacture it'd be 600 for the discless. I hope this listing is just a troll and not Sony instructing to leak to test the water. This thing needs to be 499 max, disced and 449 digital. It's suicide if they go higher than that and it'll cause a stunned launch like with the ps3. 

Only thing that gives me hope is that Microsoft essentially does it with all its backwards compatible games.  But you do need to insert the disc the first time. Still, there are other ways to register your game online if Sony wanted to allow it.

Also, there is no way in hell Sony will charge 700 or even 600 for a discless console.  I'd say best case scenario is 500 for disc based and 400 for discless.  More likely though is 500 and 450.  But if Sony wants to succeed, they will not charge 700. Play Asia has no inside info.

Don't you need to insert the disc every time you play the game to verify you still own it? What would be stopping people from passing the disc around to get free games? For a disc less console you would somehow need to send in the disc to switch to a digital license.

And yup, depending on how much Sony likes the digital margins, the could easily drop the disc less version down $100. New games are the same price on PSN as in stores, sometimes still even cheaper in stores. That's a lot of extra cash for first party games. (Dunno how it works with 3rd party but I guess Sony charges some money for hosting it on the psn store as well)

Digital edition: 8/10
Physical edition: 3/10

I like my symmetry

If I was a bachelor and had unlimited spacing, cool. But I'm a married man with limited spacing vertically, so the design on this is so inconvenient to me that it will be the driving factor to me purchasing a Series X over it. If it shrunk 1/3 of a foot we could talk, but as it is that thing is way too tall and it sounds like it could overheat if laid sideways? I've never bought a PlayStation due to fanboyism over the years. PS4, which I didn't own, started to change my mind especially with third party controllers. I went into this with an open mind. But the thing simply won't fit literally or stylistically with the rest of my furniture and then I'm going to lose out on Happy Home Designer points.

I personally love it. The most ambitious console design in a long while. I thought the gen 8 consoles looked incredibly dull.

Captain_Yuri said:
3.5/5 standing
1/5 side ways

Close the thread, Captain_Yuri got it right.

Last edited by yvanjean - on 15 June 2020