3 25 17.12%

2 19 13.01%

1 24 16.44%

Not sure yet 2 1.37%

Total:146

Around the Network
DonFerrari said:
Dulfite said:
If I was a bachelor and had unlimited spacing, cool. But I'm a married man with limited spacing vertically, so the design on this is so inconvenient to me that it will be the driving factor to me purchasing a Series X over it. If it shrunk 1/3 of a foot we could talk, but as it is that thing is way too tall and it sounds like it could overheat if laid sideways? I've never bought a PlayStation due to fanboyism over the years. PS4, which I didn't own, started to change my mind especially with third party controllers. I went into this with an open mind. But the thing simply won't fit literally or stylistically with the rest of my furniture and then I'm going to lose out on Happy Home Designer points.

Sony would be moronic to design it with disregard to it lying to the side since they know a lot of customers will use it like that.

I though I read somewhere that they have it standing up so heat could escape to keep it cooler easier, which I thought implied if laid horizontally there could be issues.

In any case, if I lay that thing down the length of it won't fit into my box shaped entertainment center. I don't want to have to buy a new $300-600 entertainment center just to use a game console lol.

Dulfite said:
DonFerrari said:

Sony would be moronic to design it with disregard to it lying to the side since they know a lot of customers will use it like that.

I though I read somewhere that they have it standing up so heat could escape to keep it cooler easier, which I thought implied if laid horizontally there could be issues.

In any case, if I lay that thing down the length of it won't fit into my box shaped entertainment center. I don't want to have to buy a new $300-600 entertainment center just to use a game console lol.

Putting it inside an entertainment center won't matter one bit whether it's vertical or horizontal. I doubt the orientation makes much of a difference, the fan inside is orders of magnitude more powerful than what convection can contribute. Putting my amp upside down or putting something on top would be bad (no fan), it get seriously hot with loud music, the heat must escape on it's own out the top. Yet anything with a fan, just make sure the vents stay clean and aren't obstructed (like right against a wall inside a cabinet) And don't use cabinets with doors :)

Dulfite said:
DonFerrari said:

In the reveal they showed the console standing sideways as well. It was using a stand for both positions though, let's see how it works without any.

About the second comment I don't think you wanted a PS5 even if it was smaller.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

space ship console 10/10

Around the Network

It’s pretty ridiculous. Even worse on its side. I can’t justify it being anywhere in my line of sight, but it also doesn’t fit in the cabinet under my tv or anywhere else because it’s so huge.

Maybe if I stick it in diagonally.

Do that many guys over here lives in Japan to have so much problems to have a console on their setup?

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Dulfite said:
DonFerrari said:

Doubt there would be issues. Hot air rises though, so cooling may be a little less/more efficient on it's side depending entirely on fan placement. - But i would assume that the console features fans with variable spin rates which will likely ramp up in rpm to mitigate that anyway.

It shouldn't really matter at the end of the day.

--::{PC Gaming Master Race}::--

As soon as I saw this shift to still in the reveal trailer, I figured SNY wasn't confident in how the ODD version looks.

Present the stills with her good side, and hide the ODD underneath as much as possible horizontally. It's not like it's hideous or anything, it just ain't her strongest suit, so let's not draw any more attention to it then we have to. That's smart marketing.

- It looks ok. 3/5. A different two tone color layout or an monotone color should get it a 3.5, maybe 4 out of 5.

- I assume kids will like the design overall more so than adults will.

- The more I look at it, the more the controller and console remind me of the 360.

- I think the odds of this thing running hot and/or loud are pretty slim based on it's size.

- Not surprising when looking back at the PS2 to PS3 transition. SNY goes over the top when things are good for them.

- Fits the futuristic theme well. BMW i8. Detroit:BH. Matches PSVR. Maybe a hint towards a huge VR push this gen?

- I give it a 5/5 in terms of being fake leak worthy. If this thing leaked anytime before the reveal, I wouldn't have believed it was legit.

Evilms said:

God damn is so big. And im guessing the width will also be the biggest? 

DonFerrari said:
Do that many guys over here lives in Japan to have so much problems to have a console on their setup?

The price will hurt more than the size. 

Pocky Lover Boy!