By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Why you should buy PS5 on launch date explained.

There's currently 1 reason for me to consider the PS5 at launch and that's Kena. That's looking amazing.

I will need more than that though, so we'll see what happens. Should know more within a month.

Around the Network

Nah i need to buy a third Switch just to have it

I wont buy one at launch because I'm actually working on my backlog PS4 games, like legit and it feels great lol, And also probably by the time I finish my backlog I'm sure the PS5 slim would come out and I wouldn't mind waiting for that. (plus im sure the slim will also look good in my living room too lol)

How much is Sony paying you?

I was sold on ps5 based on the ps1,ps2,ps3 nd ps4 history on games alone but thanks anyway.

Around the Network

Hi,

No one of these points has to convince anyone to buy at release. Because everybody knows that We need a couple of months to see how many problems, games, and costs we have to pay because is a big investment.

Wow these are all fantastic reasons... Even one of these would have convinced me but you got FIVE. Incredible!!!

DonFerrari said:
Well I`m also planning to buy on the first opportunity.
It is funny to see so many people complaining that the dual shock never changes, and when it changes and with that you can`t use the older one on the new system it become an issue (even if for all the previous generation that wasn`t ever a problem).

I was definitely not one of these people :D I stated here that I find the original DualShock form-factor more comfortable than the DualShock 4's (I can't speak to how the DualSense will rest in my hands, but it looks like the answer is 'less well').

On topic: I'll pass on the launch PS5, but I'm glad that you're this excited about it. As for me:

1) If I get a PS5, regardless of the when, this number can only stay the same or grow larger. Games won't disappear after the launch window (physical copies will probably be harder to track down). Besides, if they're good enough, there will likely be a GOTY, Complete Edition, or Remaster at some point anyway. In the interim, my backlog knows no shortage.

2) Also not applicable for me.

3) The price (whatever it ends up being) will (most likely) only go down with time. Moreover, I have no doubt that Sony will release a PS5 Pro at some point. If I get anything, it will likely be this (unless I have reason to believe Sony will release a PS5 Pro Ultimate!).

4) The above reply to DonFerrari addresses point 4 for me in terms of any desire to move on from the original DualShock

5) As a hardware enthusiast, I'm always a fan of software being specifically optimized to push singular, customized tech. It seems to me that 3rd party games tend to shy away from doing this, however. If you have a link you could post of which 3rd parties have made this commitment, I'd love to check it out.

Currently Playing (So the world might be mended):

PlayStation 4: PlayStation 3: PlayStation Portable: PlayStation Vita:
Resident Evil: Revelations 2 (Raid Mode) Tokyo Jungle Valkyria Chronicles III

Soul Sacrifice: Delta

Transistor (Platinum run) Doom 3: BFG Edition PC:

Natural Doctrine

Salt & Sanctuary Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker HD Death's Gambit
Deadly Premonition: DC Deus Ex: The Fall
JapaneseGamesLover said:

As we all know, long-awaited Play Station 5 is launching this holiday season. Rumoured date is 20th of November and price is 399/499 based on leaks. In this thread, i argue why you should buy PS5 on launch date:

1. The game library will have at least 30 games upon launch, including exclusives

2. The design is the best made for a videogame console and it will look amazing on your living room

3. The price is reasonable and the fast memory will have greater results than the competition

4. The new controller, replacing the long standing black Dual Shock controller and introducing the futuristic dual sense with adaptive controls

5. 3rd Party commitment to make Play Station 5 their main point of development interest.

1. 30 games isn't many. And 30 mediocre games might as well be nothing.

2. Why the fuck would I put it on my living room? That's where the ceiling is. I ain't making a hole in my ceiling just to put a games console there. If I were to buy one I'd put it in (rather than on) my living room like a sane person.

Although the design is butt ugly anyway.

3. Categorically false. My PC is technically free, since I already own it. Compared to free the price isn't reasonable at all. It most likely won't be able to compete with my PC either, and even if it could the price of upgrading my PC would be much more "reasonable" than buying a PS5.

4. Paying for shit I don't want is NOT a "sales point".

5. The 3rd party games that I care about the most will almost certainly continue to be PC exclusive. PC won't be their "main point of interest" it will be their "only point of interest", that's worth SO much more.

I've been very excited to get the PS5 at launch, but after this thread I'd feel dirty doing so.