By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Why you should buy PS5 on launch date explained.

Wman1996 said:
GoOnKid said:

I only buy slim Playstations.

I might hold out long enough for the PS5 Slim. But who knows. I just know I'm not getting a PS5 at the end of this year. It'll be a shock if I get one in 2021. It's looking like 2022-2023.

Doesn't matter how long it takes. Waiting for a slim has multiple advantages. The console isn't bulky and huge. It might even be more power and/or heat efficient. Possible technical issues that may arise within the first few years will be ironed out. The library will have bigger selection. A lot of games will be cheaper. There might even be bundles.

Around the Network

The PS5 is so large it will fit on my livingroom? Crazy. This certainly will be the most revolutionary system ever created. You will literally be in the game when you play. Can't wait. Believe!

super_etecoon said:
The PS5 is so large it will fit on my livingroom? Crazy. This certainly will be the most revolutionary system ever created. You will literally be in the game when you play. Can't wait. Believe!

Due to backlash against the PS5's aesthetics, Sony redesigned the system entirely. I actually have an exclusive photo that I smuggled out of Sony HQ...

Spoiler!

Currently Playing (So the world might be mended):

PlayStation 4: PlayStation 3: PlayStation Portable: PlayStation Vita:
Resident Evil: Revelations 2 (Raid Mode) Tokyo Jungle Valkyria Chronicles III

Soul Sacrifice: Delta

Transistor (Platinum run) Doom 3: BFG Edition PC:

Natural Doctrine

Salt & Sanctuary Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker HD Death's Gambit
Deadly Premonition: DC Deus Ex: The Fall
GrahfsLament said:
super_etecoon said:

Due to backlash against the PS5's aesthetics, Sony redesigned the system entirely. I actually have an exclusive photo that I smuggled out of Sony HQ...

Spoiler!

That is Next Gen defined!  Poor mom doesn't have any more room for her couch and has to read standing up.  She doesn't seem very happy about it either. This is exactly what a game system should provide for the family. 

JapaneseGamesLover said:

As we all know, long-awaited Play Station 5 is launching this holiday season. Rumoured date is 20th of November and price is 399/499 based on leaks. In this thread, i argue why you should buy PS5 on launch date:

1. The game library will have at least 30 games upon launch, including exclusives

2. The design is the best made for a videogame console and it will look amazing on your living room

3. The price is reasonable and the fast memory will have greater results than the competition

4. The new controller, replacing the long standing black Dual Shock controller and introducing the futuristic dual sense with adaptive controls

5. 3rd Party commitment to make Play Station 5 their main point of development interest.

No. Stop making PS5 topics FFS

Bite my shiny metal cockpit!

Around the Network
super_etecoon said:
GrahfsLament said:

Spoiler!

That is Next Gen defined!  Poor mom doesn't have any more room for her couch and has to read standing up.  She doesn't seem very happy about it either. This is exactly what a game system should provide for the family. 

Look, consumers have asked for new ways to interface with a console, new forms of activities. This redesign has not only made all of the connections more manual, but it also encourages more physical activity. What you see on display here is Sony's answer to Ring Fit: "Read Standing"!

Currently Playing (So the world might be mended):

PlayStation 4: PlayStation 3: PlayStation Portable: PlayStation Vita:
Resident Evil: Revelations 2 (Raid Mode) Tokyo Jungle Valkyria Chronicles III

Soul Sacrifice: Delta

Transistor (Platinum run) Doom 3: BFG Edition PC:

Natural Doctrine

Salt & Sanctuary Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker HD Death's Gambit
Deadly Premonition: DC Deus Ex: The Fall

It will ultimately depend on if Gamestop is open and giving a good trade in value for the PS4 pro. Right now I'm leaning on waiting until next year when a few more games get released, but I may change my mind on a whim as we get closer to the launch.

JapaneseGamesLover said:
melbye said:
Nah i need to buy a third Switch just to have it

Why would you buy a Switch, when you can get a brand new PS5 and finally enjoy third party support without being salty about 5 gens of Nintendo 3rd party drought.

So this was all made in bad faith. Got it.

I'm buying a launch simply because I want it. I decided I was buying at launch after Cerny's keynote.

Sure you can say about new experiences and better visuals etc. The most reason people buy any console at launch is cause they want it enough to have it at launch. And everything else is a bonus.

There's only 2 races: White and 'Political Agenda'
2 Genders: Male and 'Political Agenda'
2 Hairstyles for female characters: Long and 'Political Agenda'
2 Sexualities: Straight and 'Political Agenda'

Moren said:
JapaneseGamesLover said:

Why would you buy a Switch, when you can get a brand new PS5 and finally enjoy third party support without being salty about 5 gens of Nintendo 3rd party drought.

So this was all made in bad faith. Got it.

Indeed it was, and it will therefore be locked.