Forums - Sony Discussion - Leaked Price of PS5 - MAJOR GRAIN OF SALT

I'm getting the disc version, despite the majority of my purchases being digital, and the likelihood of the DE being $100 cheaper lol.

Last edited by PotentHerbs - on 07 August 2020

Around the Network
Random_Matt said:
£349 and £449, damn the former is cheap. But myself prefer disks, the installs were quicker. Took me three hours to download Odyssey yesterday, screw that.

I'm down with this. Lower is preferable but thats just about what I'm willing to pay. And yeah its always nice to have a physical copy that you can fall back on if you need to install something and doesn't require you to download in the background.

That and the digital if the prices for the UK digital store is well, frankly a bit crap. If prices were the same like in the US, it would be more inciting. As prices they are now - £55 for a new game (TLOU2 is still this price) the initial saving probably isn't worth it, especially it if you plan on buying a lot of PS5 games. Also games drop in price so fast in value these days that you can find a game much cheaper a month after launch, if you are patient.

hinch said:
Random_Matt said:
£349 and £449, damn the former is cheap. But myself prefer disks, the installs were quicker. Took me three hours to download Odyssey yesterday, screw that.

I'm down with this. Lower is preferable but thats just about what I'm willing to pay. And yeah its always nice to have a physical copy that you can fall back on if you need to install something and doesn't require you to download in the background.

That and the digital if the prices for the UK digital store is well, frankly a bit crap. If prices were the same like in the US, it would be more inciting. As prices they are now - £55 for a new game (TLOU2 is still this price) the initial saving probably isn't worth it, especially it if you plan on buying a lot of PS5 games. Also games drop in price so fast in value these days that you can find a game much cheaper a month after launch, if you are patient.

I only buy when on sale anyways, like you said, they fall fairly quickly.

Wasn't the bill of materials for PS5 leaked to be $450? And that doesn't include shipping costs, they have to pay to ship them to retailers. Would be shocked if they were willing to sell PS5 digital at more than $50 loss.

shikamaru317 said:
Wasn't the bill of materials for PS5 leaked to be $450? And that doesn't include shipping costs, they have to pay to ship them to retailers. Would be shocked if they were willing to sell PS5 digital at more than $50 loss.

Getting their ROI on a cheapened digital version shouldn't prove too difficult I think.

Considering Sony is expecting to produce more PS5s in a shorter timespan than the PS4 (first 10 million units) suggests they have good pricing and must be very confident they can move consoles.

Around the Network

I would have believed it until I saw all the accessories are the same price, especially the headphones and remote. Must be placeholders.

Whoever said life to be like a box of chocolates clearly didn't know what he was talking about. 

Life is more like a game of bumper cars. At every turn there is a possibility you will get screwed.

Why should I belive the new controller is 49.9€ when the ps4 controller is least 59.9€ ?

shikamaru317 said:

BOM for PS4 was around $381 and they sold the system for $399.

The BOM is for the “normal” version with disc. So yeah, I reckon $399/499 is about right.

Lmao 50 usd for a remote whichs production cost is 5 cents.

Visit my eBay stampers store: eims-stampers

Deus Ex (2000) - a game that pushes the boundaries of what the video game medium is capable of to a degree unmatched to this very day.

There is NO WAY that that headset is 49. Its at least 100. So yeah placeholder