Forums - Sony Discussion - Leaked Price of PS5 - MAJOR GRAIN OF SALT

Sony could sell the discless version for 200 less than the disc version and still make a profit.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

Around the Network

I'm definitely getting a disc version no matter the system I choose, but the price point for the discless version is really good. And it makeses sense because as people move to digital, sony and the developers make more money, so I understand it from a push to digital move from sony. Still, sounds too "cheap" so I will take it with a huge grain of salt.

vivster said:

Sony could sell the discless version for 200 less than the disc version and still make a profit.

Assuming the user bought enough games, then yeah.

PS4(PS5 Soon)and PC gaming

There's only 2 races: White and 'Political Agenda'
2 Genders: Male and 'Political Agenda'
2 Hairstyles for female characters: Long and 'Political Agenda'
2 Sexualities: Straight and 'Political Agenda'

DonFerrari said:
JWeinCom said:

I feel like if you shop around and buy a lot of games, you'll wind up saving at least 100. To me an all digital console really only makes sense if you're going to use it exclusively for PSNow or Gamepass.

Some people only look for the short time saving.

I think most people are actually concerned about cashflow then they are about overall spend in a generation and that makes sense. Spending $10 extra here and there isn't going to hurt you, but $100 in one month goes a long way.

JWeinCom said:
Captain_Yuri said:
I would still probably get the disc version but that price point is pretty hype for digital

I feel like if you shop around and buy a lot of games, you'll wind up saving at least 100. To me an all digital console really only makes sense if you're going to use it exclusively for PSNow or Gamepass.

I think this is what a lot of people don't want to do. People go the download route because its extremely convenient and although launch games are expensive, deals you get for games after a few months are great too. Last year I got Horizon, FFXV, Witcher 3 for like $50 combined.

For me I just have no interest in changing or collecting discs any more. I also like that my games can be instantly shared with my brother through having his PS4 as my primary console. He gets access to all of the games I purchase games and its no problem for me as long as he plays the games on his PSN profile. 

Edit: Having said that I will be getting the Disc Drive PS5. Since its a one time investment for the generation I don't want to skimp out and then at some point regret it when a friends brings their disc over (game or blueray) or if someone buys me a physical game as present etc: All very unlikely but still lol

Around the Network
DonFerrari said:
JWeinCom said:

Some people only look for the short time saving.

Are you sure man? i mean, we are both from Brazil and $100 dollars cheaper Ps5 will be translated in over R$700 easy. Considering prices in Brazil, i think only people adept to used games market are going to see a return, and there is also the possibility of next gen, PS6 and Xbox (insert bad name), dropping disc drives... I think going digital is the safest route from now on, and this $100 looks like a good deal. 

If PS5 discless is $100 less expensive i will go whit it.

Prediction: In 5 years Nintendo will Lauch a "Core Mario game"  very similar to Astro Bot. That said, many will Ignore Astro Bot existence and say Nintendo created this concept.

A disc drive costs a 100 dollars? Or are they trying to push all digital?

gamingsoul said:
A disc drive costs a 100 dollars? Or are they trying to push all digital?

A push for sure, for sony a disc drive is more like $20-30...

Prediction: In 5 years Nintendo will Lauch a "Core Mario game"  very similar to Astro Bot. That said, many will Ignore Astro Bot existence and say Nintendo created this concept.

Still don't understand why discless is expected to be $100 cheaper. What kind of price would retailers get from Sony in order to go ahead and stock a console that won't make customers buy from them again? Or is it expected that retailers will sacrifice their own business for the greater good of Sony?

Legend11 correctly predicted that GTA IV (360+PS3) would outsell SSBB. I was wrong.

A Biased Review Reloaded / Open Your Eyes / Switch Gamers Club

RolStoppable said:
Still don't understand why discless is expected to be $100 cheaper. What kind of price would retailers get from Sony in order to go ahead and stock a console that won't make customers buy from them again? Or is it expected that retailers will sacrifice their own business for the greater good of Sony?

I think big retailers like amazon and bestbuy will gladly stop selling dics and go whit Digital Codes. They can make deals whit publishers for cheaper codes or sell special/collector edition that come whit extras (figures, artbook, soundtrack, etc.) that you can't find on Digital store.

Things are only going to get better for than whit used games gone.