By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - 4 XGS Games in August 2020! Metacritic Predictions

Flight Simulator- 89
Battletoads- 75
Wasteland 3- 81
Tell Me Why- 78

Around the Network

Battletoads is less than a week away.

Wasteland 3 less than two weeks.

May I ask why are you guys expecting extremely high score for Flight Simulator? Is there even a game in this game?

Among these 4 games, I think Wasteland will score the highest.

Not far now, let`s hope all 4 are great.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Flight Sim-86

Battletoads-59

Wasteland- 80

Tell Me Why- 71

Last edited by Leynos - on 16 August 2020

Bite my shiny metal cockpit!

Around the Network

Battletoads- 75
Flight Sim- 87
Tell Me Why-76
Wasteland 3-85

shikamaru317 said:

Well, the last game in the Series, Flight Simulator X, got an 80 on meta, but the new one seems to be a better game in just about every area. Better graphics, more realism, better quality of the simulation mechanics. More content; 30 planes compared to 24 on X, 37k airports compared to 24k on X. It also got a lot of positive previews, so there is a good chance that it will meta at least several points higher than X did as long as it isn’t buggy as hell or horribly optimized.

As for Wasteland 3, it will probably review pretty high, considering Wasteland 2 got an 81 on meta, while the directors cut rerelease got an 87 on meta. That is why I put my Wasteland 3 prediction in between those 2 at 86.

2 more days!!! Or rather one, rumors are download unlocks at 22:00 tomorrow. Excited!

That said, the new one has the potential to be a better game. Reality is, it's not quite finished yet. Optimizations are still very much needed as its struggling on many high end configurations depending on conditions. No helicopters on release and still plenty bugs to fix including auto pilot randomly crashing planes. Also some iconic planes like the 747-400 are missing with more similar style smaller prop planes making up the list. Plus you only get the 30 planes if you buy the premium edition for $120, there are 20 in the standard edition.

So with all that in mind, low 80's is about as much as I expect for release. I've got the premium deluxe version (CAD 160 here) ready to download.

MSFS 2020 - 88
Battletoads - 78
Wasteland 3 - 80
Tell Me Why - 79

I LOVE GIGGS said:
May I ask why are you guys expecting extremely high score for Flight Simulator? Is there even a game in this game?

Among these 4 games, I think Wasteland will score the highest.

The game looks really polished and tje alphas had mostly positive feedback. 

shikamaru317 said:
SvennoJ said:

2 more days!!! Or rather one, rumors are download unlocks at 22:00 tomorrow. Excited!

That said, the new one has the potential to be a better game. Reality is, it's not quite finished yet. Optimizations are still very much needed as its struggling on many high end configurations depending on conditions. No helicopters on release and still plenty bugs to fix including auto pilot randomly crashing planes. Also some iconic planes like the 747-400 are missing with more similar style smaller prop planes making up the list. Plus you only get the 30 planes if you buy the premium edition for $120, there are 20 in the standard edition.

So with all that in mind, low 80's is about as much as I expect for release. I've got the premium deluxe version (CAD 160 here) ready to download.

I believe that X had 18 planes in standard edition, compared to 20 in standard for the new one. 30 vs 24 on the deluxe editions. But yeah, hopefully they managed to get the bugs from the beta sorted out for the review build, and hopefully they optimized it some more too. Also hoping that they release a Helicopter expansion pack or something like that in the future. 

Helicopters are planned for the first DLC. Every 2 to 3 months new stuff will be added. I would also like to see glide planes, hot air balloons, business jets, historic planes, more water planes (only the ICON A5 can land on water) and of course updates to the map.

Another reason why I don't think it will score in the high 80s is because expectations are set very high. Reading the Steam forums everyone expects their house to be there. However while the Gameshark AI is very impressive in creating 3D cities, it is limited by Bing map data which is not all that up to date and quite low res compared to google data, especially outside the USA. One streamer already said that his whole town was missing, disappeared under a 30 ft high forest.

I've been staying away from all the streams and videos. Kinda fed up with this generation where every little detail is already plastered over you tube before a game releases. But that certainly set expectations sky high when looking at the forums. It will be a great game, the best most expansive flight simulator yet no doubt. But not all there yet at release. It will depend on the reviewer whether they deduct points for the release version or add points for potential. The game will be supported for many years. (And probably ends up costing me an arm and a leg lol)