By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - 4 XGS Games in August 2020! Metacritic Predictions

Hmm, waiting to start the download process before going to bed but seems it's broken. Everyone is getting the same error after a 2 second download

Ah, now a 530 MB download, better than the 257 KB it was before.

Got to the splash screen of the installer

But that's it for now, progress bar isn't moving. Probably trying to connect to the MS servers together with everyone else.

Restarted the launcher, now it's updating.
Retrieving 91GB one small file at a time, download, decompress, install, verify license, download next.

Tomorrow!

Last edited by SvennoJ - on 18 August 2020

Around the Network
crissindahouse said:
I LOVE GIGGS said:
May I ask why are you guys expecting extremely high score for Flight Simulator? Is there even a game in this game?

Among these 4 games, I think Wasteland will score the highest.

Why shouldn't a Flight Simulator get great reviews if it's a great Flight Simulator? 

It's btw at 94 right now with 18 reviews. 

Happy it is getting great reviews. Personally, I didn't expect anything close to 90, let alone 93, where it's at right now. I expected a lot of reviewers yo come up with "this game isn't for me", "control is too hard for me" or "too many buttons to click". We've seen that before unfortunately. 

And since I never played flight simulator before,  it wan an honest question, what do you do after taking off? Is there anything exciting going on mid-air? 

I will say that downloading only the launcher through Steam and then downloading the actual game through the launcher is BS of MS.

The reason is because you launch the launcher through steam, Steam thinks that you are playing the game when in fact, you are downloading the game. And since the game is huge and Steam's refund window is 2 hours... For many people, that refund window will expire so if they did want to get a refund, they would have to ask Steam support instead of doing it the automated way which is nonsense. Like what is the reasoning to not have the base game download through steam?

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

Captain_Yuri said:

I will say that downloading only the launcher through Steam and then downloading the actual game through the launcher is BS of MS.

The reason is because you launch the launcher through steam, Steam thinks that you are playing the game when in fact, you are downloading the game. And since the game is huge and Steam's refund window is 2 hours... For many people, that refund window will expire so if they did want to get a refund, they would have to ask Steam support instead of doing it the automated way which is nonsense. Like what is the reasoning to not have the base game download through steam?

Aye, installation complete. Play time 7 hours, just got to the profile screen. The amount of settings and key bindings is rather overwhelming.

Not that you can sample this game in 2 hours, but it would be enough to see if it runs acceptably enough or not. Starting at level 0, next level at 50 hours lol. Premium deluxe version install size is 94.24 GB. No wait it only downloaded the base version. Only 20 planes instead of 30 hmm. I didn't pay double the price to only get the base version. Back to the installer :/

Missing content
Hello everyone, some players might experience issues getting the content of the edition bought! We are aware of the situation, the team is looking into it. [UPDATE] Our team is currently looking into the issue.

It may take up to few more hours for the additional content to unlock. Your Deluxe or Deluxe Premium content will then be downloaded via the Content Manager.

In the meantime, we recommend doing the following

Close Microsoft Flight Simulator
Close Steam
Open Steam
Launch Microsoft Flight Simulator
Wait for the Content Manager to search for updates and download the missing packages.

Day one, always fun!

Could be worse, tons of installation issues on the Steam forums.

You wonder what the beta was for....

It recognized my Logitech Extreme 3D Pro anyway. DS4 no go. (Didn't try my xbox controller, should work, DS4 was just charging on the laptop so it came up)

Last edited by SvennoJ - on 18 August 2020

36 reviews in and still holding at 93.

...to avoid getting banned for inactivity, I may have to resort to comments that are of a lower overall quality and or beneath my moral standards.

Around the Network
shikamaru317 said:
Battletoads sitting at 69 meta with 22 reviews so far.

I was 4 points off with a 73. Hopefully it can reach 70.

shikamaru317 said:
jason1637 said:

I was 4 points off with a 73. Hopefully it can reach 70.

I also predicted 73. Hope it goes up a point or two as more reviews come in. 

I respect both your predictions of 73. I'm hoping ya'll nail it.

...to avoid getting banned for inactivity, I may have to resort to comments that are of a lower overall quality and or beneath my moral standards.

I predicted 60, expecting a lot more trashy reviews like the GI one.

Just finished downloading.

chakkra said:

Flight Simulator - 87
Battletoads - 72
Wasteland 3 - 82
Tell Me Why - 77

Looks like I'm not very good at this. I just hope I underestimated the other two.

iceland said:
Flight sim - 82

Battletoads - 70

WAsteland 3 - 80

Tell me why - 71

I underestimated Flight Sim, really thought critics were gunna pick it apart. Pretty on spot for battletoads tho