By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - 4 XGS Games in August 2020! Metacritic Predictions

Battletoads- 68
MSFS 2020- 85
Tell Me Why-72
Wasteland 3-80

Around the Network
SvennoJ said:
shikamaru317 said:

I believe that X had 18 planes in standard edition, compared to 20 in standard for the new one. 30 vs 24 on the deluxe editions. But yeah, hopefully they managed to get the bugs from the beta sorted out for the review build, and hopefully they optimized it some more too. Also hoping that they release a Helicopter expansion pack or something like that in the future. 

Helicopters are planned for the first DLC. Every 2 to 3 months new stuff will be added. I would also like to see glide planes, hot air balloons, business jets, historic planes, more water planes (only the ICON A5 can land on water) and of course updates to the map.

Another reason why I don't think it will score in the high 80s is because expectations are set very high. Reading the Steam forums everyone expects their house to be there. However while the Gameshark AI is very impressive in creating 3D cities, it is limited by Bing map data which is not all that up to date and quite low res compared to google data, especially outside the USA. One streamer already said that his whole town was missing, disappeared under a 30 ft high forest.

I've been staying away from all the streams and videos. Kinda fed up with this generation where every little detail is already plastered over you tube before a game releases. But that certainly set expectations sky high when looking at the forums. It will be a great game, the best most expansive flight simulator yet no doubt. But not all there yet at release. It will depend on the reviewer whether they deduct points for the release version or add points for potential. The game will be supported for many years. (And probably ends up costing me an arm and a leg lol)

I haven't played a flight sim for ages and by that I mean 1990's so my question is will they have fire fighting planes and helicopters dlc i would be interested in a scenario were you fight fires on the map with smoke and other effects.

Research shows Video games  help make you smarter, so why am I an idiot

mjk45 said:

I haven't played a flight sim for ages and by that I mean 1990's so my question is will they have fire fighting planes and helicopters dlc i would be interested in a scenario were you fight fires on the map with smoke and other effects.

That would be a first for flight simulator. I think there were some rescue missions in FSX where you had to retrieve people of an oil platform in a helicopter. Maybe it was just a transport mission.

Who knows what Asabo is planning for later, this is the most current roadmap for now

However there are mods and 3rd party programs to add missions or turn the game into a freight simulator like ETS2. Many people on the forums are asking for missions so I'm sure (un)official DLCs will come out to add that kind of content. There was a show on tv a few years ago about delivering small airplanes to buyers far away. Long haul flights all across the world to remote locations, managing fuel efficiency and stops. That could be fun as well.

SvennoJ said:
mjk45 said:

That would be a first for flight simulator. I think there were some rescue missions in FSX where you had to retrieve people of an oil platform in a helicopter. Maybe it was just a transport mission.

Who knows what Asabo is planning for later, this is the most current roadmap for now

However there are mods and 3rd party programs to add missions or turn the game into a freight simulator like ETS2. Many people on the forums are asking for missions so I'm sure (un)official DLCs will come out to add that kind of content. There was a show on tv a few years ago about delivering small airplanes to buyers far away. Long haul flights all across the world to remote locations, managing fuel efficiency and stops. That could be fun as well.

I had a  look around after your reply and found a dl for FSX  https://www.justflight.com/product/firefighter-x

Research shows Video games  help make you smarter, so why am I an idiot

I think you guys are scoring too low for Tell Me Why. The woke critics may eat it up.

FS - 85
BT - 70
W3 - 80
TMW - 200

None of this is AAA content, but MS is at least doing a good job at getting content on Gamepass rather quickly. Hopefully the many studios will address that sooner than later.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

Around the Network
I LOVE GIGGS said:
May I ask why are you guys expecting extremely high score for Flight Simulator? Is there even a game in this game?

Among these 4 games, I think Wasteland will score the highest.

Why shouldn't a Flight Simulator get great reviews if it's a great Flight Simulator? 

It's btw at 94 right now with 18 reviews. 

wow Flight Sim. got a great start, 94 Meta as i speak! I may have undershot this one whit my 87, too soon to be sure, but whit such start, game can end at +90.

It begins, Flight SIM strong start at 94! Let’s see if it holds in the 90s when it’s all said and done

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

Great reviews for Flight Sim so far. Kinda surprised since it launches with less than FSX (apart from eye candy of course). Sometimes a 14 year break is good! 13 more hours before I can start downloading :)

Congrats to MS flight sim. Excellent Score!

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850