By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Famitsu Sales: Week 30, 2020 (Jul 20 - Jul 26)

Tagged games:

forest-spirit said:
What the heck happened to the PS4?

Fell off a cliff

Around the Network

PS4 is clearly done, it's gonna limp along from now like Xbox did from the beginning. The Switch is an unstoppable beast. 98% domination, Pacmans mouth has closed.

I expected Switch down WoW and Animal Crossing to be flat.  I was so wrong.  WTF Animal Crossing!?!  Games are not supposed to sell like this.  Who knows what it's numbers look like when digital is added in?  RFA is actually down WoW, but I'm betting there are shortages of physical games there.  Most other Switch games in the top 10 are up WoW.  Paper Mario has a decent hold.  

PS4 sales are over.  The Japanese are treating Switch as the successor to the PS4.

Ninjala...I think is a free to play game, so not sure why there are physical copies being sold.  

noshten said:
Mbolibombo said:

Hmm Gamedatalibrary has New Leaf at 5.067 million units at retail. Numbers not matching up at all with GDL to be honest.

Gamedatalibary doesn't include digital sales, I'm guessing GDL took this figure from Nintendo's official numbers which include digital.

Due to shortages Animal Crossing New Leaf actually did extremely well digitally for a 3DS game during its launch.  

At beginning of June AC NH Had sales of 4,7 millions in retail. If that chart from June 4th is to believe, AC NH was at 1,1 million in digital sales. That’s 20% of the total sales.

If you add 20% today, AC NH should be at 6,3 millions in total sales. 

Should reach Pokémon green/red by the end of the year and break the record.

Last edited by Chomanno - on 31 July 2020

Sony better be readying a PS5 Portable if they want the have any sway in Japan going forward. Dedicated Home Consoles are just not clicking with the Japanese consumers.

A Handheld, built on the PS5 architecture, with reductions to target 1080p would already be possible, but not ideal. Going to 5nm will give them the energy savings they need to make such a machine viable.

I’ll never stop holding out hope for a proper 3G Vita successor. I still believe a PS Phone in the proper Handheld Form Factor, with a unified OS and Library could set new records for PS hardware in Japan, and become a very successful expand of the PlayStation brand.

Stop hate, let others live the life they were given. Everyone has their problems, and no one should have to feel ashamed for the way they were born. Be proud of who you are, encourage others to be proud of themselves. Learn, research, absorb everything around you. Nothing is meaningless, a purpose is placed on everything no matter how you perceive it. Discover how to love, and share that love with everything that you encounter. Help make existence a beautiful thing.

Kevyn B Grams
10/03/2010 

KBG29 on PSN&XBL

Around the Network
The_Liquid_Laser said:

Ninjala...I think is a free to play game, so not sure why there are physical copies being sold.  

They usually give you some cosmetics and in game currency, they do it because they get sales. Fortnite did. Some Grandparents, uncles etc know that kids like it so they buy it when they see it on stores shelves. Easy sales so it will keep happening. 

TLDR: Store Shelves= visibility and extra sales compared to digital only.

KBG29 said:
Sony better be readying a PS5 Portable if they want the have any sway in Japan going forward. Dedicated Home Consoles are just not clicking with the Japanese consumers.

A Handheld, built on the PS5 architecture, with reductions to target 1080p would already be possible, but not ideal. Going to 5nm will give them the energy savings they need to make such a machine viable.

I’ll never stop holding out hope for a proper 3G Vita successor. I still believe a PS Phone in the proper Handheld Form Factor, with a unified OS and Library could set new records for PS hardware in Japan, and become a very successful expand of the PlayStation brand.

A ps phone doesn't work, The game must be the first. Sony have to assume a portable game device or go a hybrid route. The two choices diminished the stationary  Sony premise: a powerful PC casual box. The handheld exclusive diverges sony efforts to the main force. And the second needs new design around the hybrid route and it's a different path, PS5 hybrid is not gonna work, sony need deviation of the current course. 

The way sony regain JP market is a disruptive route. 

Wtf with these Animal Crossing numbers

So can we expect 7 million sales by the end of the year?

HORY SHIT that AC

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

tbone51 said:
Updated!!! 19 Weeks

PokeSmash - 6546k vs ACNH - 5280k

Gap-1266k

First 25 weeks (PokeSmash vs ACNH)

W1: 2603k - 1880k
W2: 827k - 728k
W3: 700k - 423k
W4: 456k - 293k
W5: 498k - 286k
W6: 351k - 284k
W7: 289k - 260k