Forums - Sales Discussion - PS5 120 million units to be shipped within 5 years, according to supply chain source.

At first this "120M" PS5 in 5 years looked like complete bullshit, but... does shipped here means made for "normal users" or this shipped may include PS5 "made for Playstation Now cloud gaming" + Ps5 made for "Normal Users"?
I realy don't know how much cloud gaming will grow in the next years, but perhaps 80M ps5 for "normal users" and then 40M Ps5 for "PS Now cloud gaming"?

Anyway, still think 120M in 5 years is bullshit, but making Ps5s for PS Now Cloud Gaming may explain thigs a bit...

Prediction: In 5 years Nintendo will Lauch a "Core Mario game"  very similar to Astro Bot. That said, many will Ignore Astro Bot existence and say Nintendo created this concept.

Around the Network

I'll take the under.

JapaneseGamesLover said:
Xxain said:
Waaaaaaay to early to be making these precise kinds of estimates. Who knows what the environment will be like next year, let alone 5.

There are multiple metrics to estimate demand even now.

1.google trends

2.pre-orders on the internet

Sony is a professional company that successfully delivered play station consoles, without shortages. They are already paying the supplier for a 120-170m units to be produced in the 5 years frame, so the supplier can have the kits in time.  So, they believe PS5 selling within that range in  5 years is  possible inside Sony Headquarters.

Going only by those, PS3 would have handily beaten the PS2 sales back in the day. That's just not enough to base long-term projections upon.

Last edited by Bofferbrauer2 - on 28 July 2020

*I think the PS5 will sell as well or a little less than the Nintendo Switch

I like Nintendo and Sony but more than this I love video games

I'm gonna go ahead predict it will ship 140-150 million lifetime. In comparison, I predicted PS4 to sell 115 million before it launched, which it'll comfortably surpass.

Around the Network
BOLLOCKS said:
PS5 $299 confirmed.

PS5 150$ confirmed. Only way. And then Sony go third party.

It is way too early for predictions like these.

Gameplay > Graphics

Substance > Style

Art Direction > Realism

Xxain said:
Waaaaaaay to early to be making these precise kinds of estimates. Who knows what the environment will be like next year, let alone 5.

Predicting what the environment will be like next year isn't that complicated that's less than 6 months away not much can change between now and then. Five years I do agree with.

method114 said:
Xxain said:

Predicting what the environment will be like next year isn't that complicated that's less than 6 months away not much can change between now and then. Five years I do agree with.

LOLOLOLOLOL!!!!!!

There's literally NEVER been a worse time to make this statement than now.

SW-3707-5131-3911

kenjab said:
method114 said:

LOLOLOLOLOL!!!!!!

There's literally NEVER been a worse time to make this statement than now.

I'm not talking about in life. Very different situation. Obviously things can change in all kinds of way in life in general. Gaming though isn't going to make some dramatic change in 6 months. Unless hackers release the first ever console virus that infects all gaming consoles or only SonyXbox consoles destroying them.