By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - Would you date someone from the opposite side of the political spectrum?

Would you?

Yes 23 47.92%

No 25 52.08%

Total:48

Would you be open to dating or pursuing a relationship someone whose political views differ greatly from your own?

Have any of you actually had such a relationship before, and how did it work out?

Around the Network

Well, I fashion myself a moderate so I suppose there is no opposite side? (unless the extreme left or extreme right are considered opposite sides to a moderate/centrist?) If so then no, I wouldn't date someone with extremist views.

Probably not. Not specifically for that reason, but I feel like our personalities would be too different. That being said... if a girl's attractive enough...

Its not a deal breaker, but I doubt there'd be much chemistry.

Lots of red flags exist for women. Excessive swear words, e-girls, mood swings etc. Extroverted politics can be an indicator of mental issues.

Around the Network

Depends on the country. In Germany? Of course, because we actually have politics here and people are actually reasonable and not selfish sociopaths. In the US? Not even in a million years. Supporting Republicans is akin to hating everything I believe in including myself and that's not a great basis for relationships.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

No, although the idea of a woman who wants to remain in the kitchen is tempting.

Depends on the views. I don't mind having differing opinions on a lot of stuff.

But I can't be with someone who thinks gay people shouldn't have equal rights or that racism still isn't a big problem. (Although after a few months of dating me they'll find out first hand like my current girlfriend has gone through).

There's only 2 races: White and 'Political Agenda'
2 Genders: Male and 'Political Agenda'
2 Hairstyles for female characters: Long and 'Political Agenda'
2 Sexualities: Straight and 'Political Agenda'

No, it’s in most cases a doomed relationship. And frankly I have no patience for most left-wing politics anymore

Hmm... This is a US-only thread I guess. Most sane democracies have politicians trying to win people over to... well... win elections.

Also, for a country the size of the US, it's possibly surprising that there are only two sides to choose between.