By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - NEW Halo Infinite 4k/60 official trailer

DroidKnight said:
Sorry for the back to back posts. People that want it to seem like a little bit will say 2 or 3 weeks. People that want it to sound like a lot can do the same as well 4-12 +weeks.

It was probably their most recent build anyway. Why would they show a old build at their huge opening. At least 343 are transparent about it, which is more than can be said about usual PR spiel from corps.

They have a few months to crunch so, I'm sure they'll sort out most of the problems by then.

Around the Network
hinch said:
DroidKnight said:
Sorry for the back to back posts. People that want it to seem like a little bit will say 2 or 3 weeks. People that want it to sound like a lot can do the same as well 4-12 +weeks.

It was probably their most recent build anyway. Why would they show a old build at their huge opening. At least 343 are transparent about it, which is more than can be said about usual PR spiel from corps.

They have a few months to crunch so, I'm sure they'll sort out most of the problems by then.

Suffering from the backlash they received they better get their act together but rushing it won't help.

...to avoid getting banned for inactivity, I may have to resort to comments that are of a lower overall quality and or beneath my moral standards.

120 fps multiplayer.... OH YEAH.

hinch said:

So 343i have come out and sent out this statement. The build shown for the demo was only a few weeks old apparently - source Reddit.

Its good they are acknowledging the issues people raised. And hope they'll address most of the issues by launch.

But at the same time this also raises eyebrows over at the PR from Aaron Greenberg who's basically telling fibs to everyone, I mean.. >_>

This shows some things, this build isn`t from Jan-Mar but probably something less than 2 months old, possibly less than one month old. Also that they thought it was fine just needing natural progression when they released for use on the conference. Shows that they know it is a problem so no need to excuse it and say Halo isn`t supposed to be a showcase. Also show that they cancelling the beta because of covid being such a big burden will make their ability to correct everything in a couple months to go gold something very hard. So if a delay doesn`t happen we will have a big day one patch and still won`t be a graphical showcase on launch, but since they want it to be a 10 year supported game perhaps after a couple years it can become the prettiest game on the system.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

DonFerrari said:

This shows some things, this build isn`t from Jan-Mar but probably something less than 2 months old, possibly less than one month old. Also that they thought it was fine just needing natural progression when they released for use on the conference. Shows that they know it is a problem so no need to excuse it and say Halo isn`t supposed to be a showcase. Also show that they cancelling the beta because of covid being such a big burden will make their ability to correct everything in a couple months to go gold something very hard. So if a delay doesn`t happen we will have a big day one patch and still won`t be a graphical showcase on launch, but since they want it to be a 10 year supported game perhaps after a couple years it can become the prettiest game on the system.

Yeah, its just the way the guy worded it counting weeks. Maybe they thought people would have got wowed by 4K 60FPS aspect? I'm still not sure how that got green lighted tbh, especially when they also released a 1 minute trailer that put the demo in a more positive light.

Saying that, its probably best people picked up on it now rather than them releasing a super unpolished game. They can improve things over time I guess. Though I doubt it will look drastically better in a few months at least they can fix some the fundamental issues like pop in, lighting and crappy textures.

Around the Network
Mr Puggsly said:

Do you honestly believe better looking games would have made the Xbox One X a huge success? I doubt it. However, it probably did pretty well. A base Xbox One plays all the same games well enough. This is why I hope a much cheaper Series S is on the market as well, it should help the userbase.

Games can sell consoles. Games can make or break a console.

The Original Xbox was slow getting out of the gate... Until we got Halo, which then put that particular console on the map.

The Xbox 360 was doing pretty bad due to the RROD image disaster, Halo 3 turned that sentiment around fairly quickly.

Breath of the Wild made the Switch a "must have device" in it's early years.

Sony has taken a strong narrative by showcasing the next-gen leap that the Playstation 5 is offering, it's given gamers a reason to buy one early, what reason is there to buy an Xbox Series X? It's not providing a tangible leap over the Xbox One, all it's games are available elsewhere... And you get arguably better visuals on technically inferior platforms like the Playstation 5.

The Xbox One X was never going to be a "roaring" success due to being painted with the Xbox One brand brush, but I don't think it even managed to be a marginal success like even the Playstation 4 Pro... Part of that is likely due to the lack of exclusives on Microsofts behalf to even push the Xbox One into the mind of gamers and truly showcase what it can do.

Now I am not personally fussy about a game being actually exclusive or not, I don't even care if it spans multiple console generations... It doesn't affect me personally even in the slightest. - Other people care about that stuff though.

But I am fussy if it's not going to showcase the hardware appropriately to it's fullest extent... And I think that should apply to everyone, we should expect the absolute best possible product for any given platform we use.

--::{PC Gaming Master Race}::--

Pemalite said:
Mr Puggsly said:

Do you honestly believe better looking games would have made the Xbox One X a huge success? I doubt it. However, it probably did pretty well. A base Xbox One plays all the same games well enough. This is why I hope a much cheaper Series S is on the market as well, it should help the userbase.

Games can sell consoles. Games can make or break a console.

The Original Xbox was slow getting out of the gate... Until we got Halo, which then put that particular console on the map.

The Xbox 360 was doing pretty bad due to the RROD image disaster, Halo 3 turned that sentiment around fairly quickly.

Breath of the Wild made the Switch a "must have device" in it's early years.

Sony has taken a strong narrative by showcasing the next-gen leap that the Playstation 5 is offering, it's given gamers a reason to buy one early, what reason is there to buy an Xbox Series X? It's not providing a tangible leap over the Xbox One, all it's games are available elsewhere... And you get arguably better visuals on technically inferior platforms like the Playstation 5.

The Xbox One X was never going to be a "roaring" success due to being painted with the Xbox One brand brush, but I don't think it even managed to be a marginal success like even the Playstation 4 Pro... Part of that is likely due to the lack of exclusives on Microsofts behalf to even push the Xbox One into the mind of gamers and truly showcase what it can do.

Now I am not personally fussy about a game being actually exclusive or not, I don't even care if it spans multiple console generations... It doesn't affect me personally even in the slightest. - Other people care about that stuff though.

But I am fussy if it's not going to showcase the hardware appropriately to it's fullest extent... And I think that should apply to everyone, we should expect the absolute best possible product for any given platform we use.

I feel Xbox is made by many notable games, not just a Halo game. Halo certainly brought attention to Xbox in the early 2000s, but I wouldn't argue they single they made Xbox successful alone.

OG Xbox was a new competitor, so a big title was great to have. It at least helped make Xbox relevant along with a bunch of other games that were console exclusive.

Xbox thrived in spite of RROD because many notable games, 3rd parties were supporting Xbox more and the PS3 was expensive.

Switch didn't need BotW to succeed, certainly helped though.

You trying to sell me a PS5? Because you have my attention. I guess in a nutshell, I'm more concerned about Halo Infinite being good than the graphics. That is what will ultimately impact that game.

I don't see much of a point in debating whether or not Xbox One X was a success. Pro and One X were the same concept, but One X just did it better.

Some people might get "fussy" about true exclusivity, but I think in the grand scheme you have more customers putting games on PC and doing cross gen for a period. I personally believe MS putting all on on PC was a great idea given many PC gamers aren't necessarily interested in consoles, especially outside of the US and western Europe. Maybe Oceania as well.

My stance is if you aren't happy with the graphics MS has showcased, then maybe you shouldn't buy a Series X. You have a Xbox One X and a PC I assume, so you'll have access to Halo Infinite regardless.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

Mr Puggsly said:

I feel Xbox is made by many notable games, not just a Halo game. Halo certainly brought attention to Xbox in the early 2000s, but I wouldn't argue they single they made Xbox successful alone.

I agree, it is made by many notable games.
Gears of War, Fable, Forza, Ori, Recore, Sunset Overdrive, Quantum Break, Killer Instinct, Crackdown... But Halo generally sits above them all as the single game that defines the Xbox brand.

Thus it can and should be held to a higher standard.

Halo is the Mario to Nintendo or Uncharted to Playstation, it defines a console brands image.

And I am excited for Everwild and Fable that is coming next-gen, especially Everwild... Being a big fan of Breath of the Wild that games visuals really resonated with me, let's hope RARE can bring the gameplay goods.

So whilst collectively you need more than just a single game to make a platform "good". - A single game can make the difference, Breath of the Wild put the Switch on the map, at one point there were more copies of that one game sold than Switch consoles.
See here: https://www.polygon.com/2017/4/27/15449934/zelda-breath-of-the-wild-sales-switch-wii-u

Games like Mario Kart, Smash Brothers have helped keep the momentum going.

The OG Xbox had Halo: Combat Evolved put the entire platform on the map, it brought the attention to gamers who then discovered games like Elder Scrolls: Morrowind, Crimson Skies, Fable and so much more... And Halo 2 kept that momentum going.

The Xbox 360's brand image was marred by the colossal Red-Ring of Death failure, Halo 3 turned that brand image around and made it a must have console and Fable, Gears, Forza kept that momentum going. (Helps that Microsoft's competition dropped the ball also.)
Halo 3 was *the* largest video game launch at the time, it was absolutely massive, the hype was next-level and Bungie absolutely delivered.
https://www.gamesindustry.biz/articles/2017-09-01-halo-3-eclipses-the-industry

I don't think anyone should underestimate the importance and influence that a single game can have on a platforms brand image and success, it makes a big difference.

The SNES for example would not have had the legs it had if it weren't for the likes of RARE with Donkey Kong Country.

Mr Puggsly said:

Xbox thrived in spite of RROD because many notable games, 3rd parties were supporting Xbox more and the PS3 was expensive.

Yeah, but it would have floundered if things didn't change. And it did. Microsoft learned.

Mr Puggsly said:

You trying to sell me a PS5? Because you have my attention. I guess in a nutshell, I'm more concerned about Halo Infinite being good than the graphics. That is what will ultimately impact that game.

I think you are an intelligent enough individual to have already made your own decision on which platform you intend to invest in as we enter the next-gen race.

Mr Puggsly said:

I don't see much of a point in debating whether or not Xbox One X was a success. Pro and One X were the same concept, but One X just did it better.

I agree. But I feel the Xbox One X just didn't receive the support it deserved... Especially with earlier released titles not getting patched.

The issue there is that the base Xbox One got a ton of 720P titles early on... And those same games running on the Xbox One X didn't get enhanced... They are still 720P even today.
Where-as those same titles on the Playstation 4 side of the equation were typically 900P-1080P and whilst also didn't get enhanced, generally looked far better.

Case in point: Dragon Age: Inquisition. Full fat 1080P on Playstation 4 Pro, 900P on Xbox One X. And sadly that is one of my favorite franchises.

Or Modern Warefare Remastered is 1360x1080 in multiplayer on Xbox One X and 2880x1620 on the Playstation 4 Pro. Ouch.

Granted in general the vast majority of games on the Xbox One X released in the later years were superior on the Xbox One X, but if you are like me with an expansive library that spans multiple generations, it's notable differentiation to take note of.

Mr Puggsly said:

Some people might get "fussy" about true exclusivity, but I think in the grand scheme you have more customers putting games on PC and doing cross gen for a period. I personally believe MS putting all on on PC was a great idea given many PC gamers aren't necessarily interested in consoles, especially outside of the US and western Europe. Maybe Oceania as well.

I have never cared about exclusivity, I think it's silly and anti-consumer... But I cannot deny that if it weren't for Halo being a timed exclusive, I would never have bothered with an Xbox.
Exclusives give reason to purchase a device, it's as simple as that... And as a PC gamer, it was the excuse needed to purchase an Xbox.

But I also believe that a game should be available to everyone where technically possible, because a good game should be able to be played by everyone.

But in saying that... A game should look the absolute best on the device it releases on, it shouldn't be held back for any reason, there shouldn't be any excuses for it to be held back, PC games look the best despite also having extremely low-end devices, games have proven for decades that they can scale across a wide range of hardware configurations fairly effortlessly... Sadly 343i didn't get that memo with Halo Infinite and now they are trying to save face with their current PR nightmare.

Mr Puggsly said:

My stance is if you aren't happy with the graphics MS has showcased, then maybe you shouldn't buy a Series X. You have a Xbox One X and a PC I assume, so you'll have access to Halo Infinite regardless.

If I am unhappy with the visuals showcased on the Series X, what makes you think I would be content with the Xbox One X visuals?

But yes, I will have a Series X (It's pre-ordered) and I will buy Halo Infinite. And yes, I will provide the criticism where criticism is due, I want Microsoft to do better, because that benefits all gamers.

--::{PC Gaming Master Race}::--

hinch said:
DonFerrari said:

Yeah, its just the way the guy worded it counting weeks. Maybe they thought people would have got wowed by 4K 60FPS aspect? I'm still not sure how that got green lighted tbh, especially when they also released a 1 minute trailer that put the demo in a more positive light.

Saying that, its probably best people picked up on it now rather than them releasing a super unpolished game. They can improve things over time I guess. Though I doubt it will look drastically better in a few months at least they can fix some the fundamental issues like pop in, lighting and crappy textures.

Yep, not sure they though just being 4k60fps would wow us since even X1X had 4k60fps games and Pro had almost that in GTS. If a game looks current gen it would be quite easy to see it being even 4k120fps (like Dirty and seems like Halo Infinite MP).

I do agree that for gamers it is better that they had the chance to get pissed now rather than when the game launch. And yes they can make some improvements in the remaining time.

It becames to odd when PS5 being 10-20% weaker could have most of the games show on their presentation looking much better than most of the games on Xbox presentation, and if we talk about the best looking then the gap is just to enormous.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Honestly, Halo Infinite looks cool. :)