By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - NEW Halo Infinite 4k/60 official trailer

DonFerrari said:
JRPGfan said:

Does everyone except me just own 4k HDR 120-144hz Oled TVs?
Are they more common than I think?

I think hardly anyone owns them, they are just mislead by those 240Hz, 480hz and 600Hz TVs;

Yep HDMI 2.1 TV's are pretty new, they only became available last year. Only a select number more higher end TV's support the new 4k native 120hz standard.

So you're gonna have to upgrade your TV to reap the benefits of 120fps. Not to be mistaken with motion interpolated bloated specs.

Around the Network
LudicrousSpeed said:
It’s not hard to find a 120Hz 4K set.

Now, HDMI 2.1 IIRC is required for 4K120 and those are rare. But plenty can run 1080p or maybe 1440p at 120.

If you have to chose between 1080 for 120 or 60fps for 4k then it isn't a 4k120fps set.

hinch said:
DonFerrari said:

I think hardly anyone owns them, they are just mislead by those 240Hz, 480hz and 600Hz TVs;

Yep HDMI 2.1 TV's are pretty new, they only became available last year. Only a select number more higher end TV's support the new 4k native 120hz standard.

So you're gonna have to upgrade your TV to reap the benefits of 120fps. Not to be mistaken with motion interpolated bloated specs.

And even on the previous standard it wasn't something very common for the TV to be true 120Hz, but sure you can find those if you look hard enough. Now good luck with the subpar graphics you will get from a 4k120fps game.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

DonFerrari said:
LudicrousSpeed said:
It’s not hard to find a 120Hz 4K set.

Now, HDMI 2.1 IIRC is required for 4K120 and those are rare. But plenty can run 1080p or maybe 1440p at 120.

If you have to chose between 1080 for 120 or 60fps for 4k then it isn't a 4k120fps set.

Whether it’s a 4k120 set or not is irrelevant, that’s not what Snoopy said, which is what jrpgfan quoted. He was excited for 120fps and jrpgfan wondered how common a 4k HDR 120-144Hz TV is. They’re not super uncommon. Plenty of people can take advantage of the 120fps. Now, 4K at 120fps is a different story but again is irrelevant as Snoopy was just talking about frame rate. Hope that helps.

And are you even expecting Halo Infinite MP to run at native 4k and 120fps anyway? lol

LudicrousSpeed said:
DonFerrari said:

Whether it’s a 4k120 set or not is irrelevant, that’s not what Snoopy said, which is what jrpgfan quoted. He was excited for 120fps and jrpgfan wondered how common a 4k HDR 120-144Hz TV is. They’re not super uncommon. Plenty of people can take advantage of the 120fps. Now, 4K at 120fps is a different story but again is irrelevant as Snoopy was just talking about frame rate. Hope that helps.

And are you even expecting Halo Infinite MP to run at native 4k and 120fps anyway? lol

hinch was asking if a lot had 4k120fps and that was what I was replying to.

And nope not even on PC I expect 4k120fps for Halo Infinite, at least not with a good graphical setting.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

JRPGfan said:

You dont say "weeks" when talking about 12 or so of them, anything more than 3 "weeks" goes into "months" talk instead.

You should just say days old build instead when referencing the age. What if it was 8 days old and they didn't want to say 1 week and 1 day so they said weeks. 8 days would make it look worse and supply more fodder for you to use.  

...to avoid getting banned for inactivity, I may have to resort to comments that are of a lower overall quality and or beneath my moral standards.

Around the Network
DroidKnight said:
JRPGfan said:

You dont say "weeks" when talking about 12 or so of them, anything more than 3 "weeks" goes into "months" talk instead.

You should just say days old build instead when referencing the age. What if it was 8 days old and they didn't want to say 1 week and 1 day so they said weeks. 8 days would make it look worse and supply more fodder for you to use.  

When they said "weeks", that should mean more than 8 days right? think a little.
the S, hints at more than one (ei. two weeks or longer).
Okay now, how many days are there in minimum 2 weeks? thats right 14days.

The newest the build could be is 14days, not 8.
However it cannot be more than 3 weeks old.
Otherwise they would have said "a month old" or more than a month old (month + 1day minimum), or nearly a month old.

If they say "weeks" old, then its less than 1 month old.
No two ways about it DroidKnight.

JRPGfan said:
DroidKnight said:

When they said "weeks", that should mean more than 8 days right? think a little.

Otherwise they would have said "a month old" or more than a month old (month + 1day minimum), or nearly a month old.

Even if it was between 1 month and 2 that wouldn't change that it wasn't on their checklist to improve the graphic until the uproar, so they would still have about 2 months to solve everything.

JRPGfan said:
DroidKnight said:

I can only go by the "several weeks" reference.  Too vague to put an actual time stamp on it.  But if I wanted to spin it in a direction I would change the word several to (few or two) to make it seem shorter or (4 or more weeks) to make it seem longer.  But if you want it to seem really short call it 14 days or a longer build go back to the original months.  I'm just saying that you should use the shortest time frame possible to pose your statements.

Last edited by DroidKnight - on 02 August 2020

...to avoid getting banned for inactivity, I may have to resort to comments that are of a lower overall quality and or beneath my moral standards.

DonFerrari said:
JRPGfan said:

Even if it was between 1 month and 2 that wouldn't change that it wasn't on their checklist to improve the graphic until the uproar, so they would still have about 2 months to solve everything.

^ absolutely this. They won't solve "everything", but at least they will be working to solve issues.  Most fixes will be post launch.  Goal #1, solid gameplay.  Fix ugly secondary.

DroidKnight said:
DonFerrari said:

^ absolutely this. They won't solve "everything", but at least they will be working to solve issues.  Most fixes will be post launch.  Goal #1, solid gameplay.  Fix ugly secondary.

Yep if they can deliver with very few bugs, running smoothly and clean even if the graphics are subpar it shouldn't be a major issue.