By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - NEW Halo Infinite 4k/60 official trailer

There are rumors that Halo infinite multiplayer will be free to play:

''Halo Infinite will feature a free-to-play multiplayer mode and run at up to 120 FPS on xbox series x according to a retailer listing and other sources.

Smyths Toys includes Halo Infinite in its listing for Xbox Series X, saying, "The legendary Halo series returns with the most expansive Master Chief campaign yet and a groundbreaking free-to-play multiplayer experience. Enjoy up to 120 FPS and greatly reduced load times creating seamless gameplay with Xbox Series X."

''Both sources for Windows Central and noted Xbox insider Klobrille have since supported the claim that Halo Infinite's multiplayer will be free-to-play. Klobrille adds that the 120 FPS is an aim for Arena mode on Xbox Series X, and that multiplayer will include a Battle Pass system, and feature types of customisation new to the Halo series.''

Link

Around the Network

120fps would be fucking amazing but I doubt it's real and if so is probably MP only.

But man that open world design at 120fps, would be something.

LudicrousSpeed said:
120fps would be fucking amazing but I doubt it's real and if so is probably MP only.

But man that open world design at 120fps, would be something.

Any game the Xbox One could do at 60 fps, I would imagine Series X could do 120 fps.

So I guess the question is can the Xbox One do 60 fps in the Halo Infinite campaign. If so, the Series X could potentially do 120 fps with resolution compromise.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

Pemalite said:
Mr Puggsly said:

We saw something similar with the Xbox One X. It was boasted as the most powerful console, but MS wasn't always pushing amazing looking games on it. The difference being this is actually next gen, but the game is still Xbox One as the lead and being rushed.

Probably explains why the Xbox One X wasn't the runaway success? Heck, they stopped making them fairly early instead of pushing that hardware over the Xbox One S.

Mr Puggsly said:

I am not saying the community is wrong for reacting how they did. The Series X is seemingly getting a Halo game with Xbox One graphics with more polish. Maybe they will use the time left to improve it. Its obvious their focus is hitting the launch and honestly I look forward to playing it. Hopefully it'll be a good product on day one, that's my primary concern.

They need to improve it... And I implore everyone to provide the appropriate critique so they are forced to listen and improve.
"We will improve it later" mantra is a cop-out in my opinion, it was a cop-out with Halo 5. - Just delay the game, make it what it should be... Something that can showcase the hardware in the best possible light.

Mr Puggsly said:

My problem with Halo 5 is the game just doesn't look clean. Like many have said before, Halo 4 on MCC kinda looks better just because of the cleaner presentation. Even though Halo 5 has better effects and assets, all the compromises just make the game look kinda ugly. I would love a Halo 5 remaster on the Series X that simply cleans it up.

Halo 5 does look clean, especially interior areas, it's almost clinically clean.

The issue with Halo 5 is actually it's framerate, whilst it pushes for 60fps, not everything in the game operates at 60fps... And that looks jarring and ugly.

Halo 4 took a baked approach, so it was able to "punch above it's weight" so to speak, where-as Halo 5, like Halo: Infinite has more dynamic effects which are more resource intensive.

I would like Halo: Infinite to ironically be remastered for Xbox Series X. Done right.

Mr Puggsly said:

If the gameplay is good, then I think hitting the launch is fine. If its mediocre or broken, delay it. Unless MS thinks people will stick with it post updates, like MCC.

Halo should be about the entire package... Master Chief Collection was a massive screw up, it's still not perfect.

The Master Chief Collection lost it's entire community almost overnight, a small group of players will always "stick around" - Just like there are still players, playing Halo 3 on the Xbox 360 even today.

Delay it, I want an amazing blow-my-mind game, not something that comes up short... And visually the game comes up short... The level of simulation also comes up short.

Do you honestly believe better looking games would have made the Xbox One X a huge success? I doubt it. However, it probably did pretty well. A base Xbox One plays all the same games well enough. This is why I hope a much cheaper Series S is on the market as well, it should help the userbase.

We've discussed Halo 5 already. I suspect it was intended to be a 30 fps game given all the visual compromises, at 30 fps they should be able to clean up the presentation and maybe have overhead for a higher resolution. Also, they didn't improve the presentation over time. Not even the Xbox One X fixed visual problems.

MCC will never be perfect, still pretty great though.

I don't think this is gonna be that mind blowing Halo game. Will I still play it? Sure.

Recently Completed
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

Immersiveunreality said:
Mr Puggsly said:

Reaction videos are watched by sad people.

Why?

You can learn to see things from a different perspective in seeing people react and give their opinion,and we see eachother react on many things on this forum too.

I mean watching people have fake enthusiasm about a trailer. Its among the dumbest shit on YouTube.

Somebody actually analyzing a trailer, gleaning for details about the game is different.

Recently Completed

Around the Network

So 343i have come out and sent out this statement. The build shown for the demo was only a few weeks old apparently - source Reddit.

Its good they are acknowledging the issues people raised. And hope they'll address most of the issues by launch.

But at the same time this also raises eyebrows over at the PR from Aaron Greenberg who's basically telling fibs to everyone, I mean.. >_>

Last edited by hinch - on 31 July 2020

I wish that was more specific. How many is several?

...to avoid getting banned for inactivity, I may have to resort to comments that are of a lower overall quality and or beneath my moral standards.

Sorry for the back to back posts. People that want it to seem like a little bit will say 2 or 3 weeks. People that want it to sound like a lot can do the same as well 4-12 +weeks.

...to avoid getting banned for inactivity, I may have to resort to comments that are of a lower overall quality and or beneath my moral standards.

English isn't my native language but isn't several more than couple, few or a few? :P

Several can be many things. As little as 3 or as much as a dozen plus. I'm sure he was being deliberately vague.