By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Rate The Xbox Games Showcase

How Would You Rate The Xbox Game Showcase?

10 9 5.26%

9 11 6.43%

8 32 18.71%

7 19 11.11%

6 35 20.47%

5 24 14.04%

4 19 11.11%

3 11 6.43%

2 7 4.09%

1 4 2.34%

Total:171
green_sky said:
Captain_Yuri said:

Yea I didn't see anything in the Halo gameplay that spoke Next Gen to me. Hopefully the actual game ends up being good but 343 really needs to get their shit together.

Which games you saw in this or other conferences with next gen gameplay?

Ratchet and clank looked better imo.

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

Around the Network

Let's just say if I had to choose and had no PC I'd pick up an Xbox as my launch console.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

6/10. I feel like Xbox's marketing department doesn't know how to make a good videogame trailer. Too much prerendered stuff, and their trailers don't give enough indications as to what kinds of games they are, even when the trailer is in-engine. There was a stark divide between the third party timed exclusive trailers, which were all solid, and the Xbox Studio trailers, which were cruddy and disappointing.

Halo looks...good. The visuals aren't even close to what Gears 5 is pushing, but I don't play graphics, and at least the gameplay looks solid. I'm a little worried about the AI, though. I'm hoping the demo was on some sort of easy mode, because the enemies all just sort of stand around in the open.

Overall, I think Xbox has some decent stuff in the pipeline, but as far as shows go this one was a bit of a miss. I'm sure I'll come back in hindsight and appreciate it more, as is usually the case with M$'s shows, but I can't help feeling disappointed right now.

ClassicGamingWizzz said:

next GEN is Here. CGI trailers everywhere again... 

Is that in 4K? 

5/10, honestly it didn't feel like the start of a new generation to me.

They could have got a 6/10 just by doing a better deep dive into Halo and a few other games like Psychonaughts 2,

7/10 if they had at least one next gen showcase.

8/10 if they announced any new IP that excited me . Avowed for now doesn't do that and sits just generically as a game like Elderscrolls but even further away.

9/10 If anything Banjo related showed up.

10/10 if Halo actually impressed and felt like a killer app

Around the Network

I don't really have a good collection of thoughts right now, as it's reaching 7a.m. and I've been staying up through the power of Red Bull. I'll re-post my quick reaction from the other thread:

The games that really stood out (other than Halo) are Avowed, Everwild, Forza and Fable. Everwild had the best trailer of those, but none of them had any gameplay nor look like they'll be ready by year one or even close after. Really would've liked more Halo footage as well, but at least it's not far away.

As it stands, very likely 2+ years before I look into either next-gen system. Glad I bought an Xbox One X for now.

Grade: 6/10. They did enough, but a lot of room to improve.

i'm giving it a Six.

As an Xbox one showcase this could have been a solid 8 or 9.
As a next gen Xbox series x showcase this definetly felt like a 5 or 6.
The games that interested me the most like fable showed nothing but a cg trailer. Avowed lost me as soon as they said first person. And halo never interested me but this was not even up there with 8th gen games visually speaking. And the he'll was the point of that hellblade segment? That was beyond pointless.
While sure they could show more in the future, but after looking at halo, I'm pretty sure whatever they held back will obviously be an 8th gen game at 4k60.

It takes genuine talent to see greatness in yourself despite your absence of genuine talent.

RolStoppable said:
Today Microsoft lost me as a customer.

Seriously? I get that they didn't show enough gameplay and graphical updates but there were a lot of interesting games that we will eventually get gameplay to. Its not like they showed a bunch of filler. 

It would have been mediocre as a normal showcase, as a next-gen showcase abysmal.
I had no expectations and still I left disappointed.

Last edited by freebs2 - on 23 July 2020