By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Rate The Xbox Games Showcase

How Would You Rate The Xbox Game Showcase?

10 9 5.26%

9 11 6.43%

8 32 18.71%

7 19 11.11%

6 35 20.47%

5 24 14.04%

4 19 11.11%

3 11 6.43%

2 7 4.09%

1 4 2.34%

Total:171
trunkswd said:
I'm giving it an 8/10. Halo gameplay looks fantastic. The series was never known for mindblowing graphics, so I am okay with the look of it. It looks like a great return to classic Halo with some new features. While Fable has been rumored for a long time it is nice to get a confirmation. Psychonauts 2 looks great. Everwild looks cool. Forza will be another premiere racing game as it has been the best racing franchise for many years. Avowed looks cool, even if it was just a trailer. I am interested to see gameplay in the future.

IMO it was just a hair better than Sony's PS5 reveal. Either way both had solid events that are getting people hyped for the next gen.

Agree, Halo has always been about the art style, story and gameplay, and it nailed it out of the park. Visuals has always been good but Halo has never been a Crysis. 

Around the Network

I came harder than when my ex massaged my prostate.

Chris Hu said:
Barkley said:

6/10 sounds about right for me too. Nothing new that really excited me.

Halo Infinite looks solid despite having that definite crossgen look to it, Outer Worlds DLC is worth checking out, State of Decay 3 is a maybe. Severe lack of gameplay footage for most titles.

I am dissapointed that Forza is not coming this year.

Since Forza Motorsport is a reboot it will be skippable like Forza Motorsports 5 was.  Well at least it means Forza Horizon 4 will get support for a while longer they need to increase the garage limit one more time though.  If Project Cars 3 gets halfway decent reviews I will probably buy it pretty soon.

Well Forza 5 was a big dissapointment, but it was also released without a break in the series. This will be the second year without a Forza title, so hopefully the extra time let's them get their first Forza game on the next generation right, and we won't have to wait till Forza 9 for them to nail it.

Barkley said:
Captain_Yuri said:

I will go with 7.5/10. They showed a lot of games that has me excited to play on my PC. The problem is with Halo...

If you told me this game was in early access... I'd believe you... The gameplay itself looked fun but hot damn, the visuals was worse than I was expecting. Some aspects look fine but others just look meh. Gamepass is gonna be killer though.

Apparently it won't even support Ray Tracing at launch, it will be added in an update after launch...

This game that they described in the presentation as "built from the ground-up for Xbox Series X" when clearly it's a crossgen title that isn't even utilizing one of the new generations biggest features at launch.

Yea I didn't see anything in the Halo gameplay that spoke Next Gen to me. Hopefully the actual game ends up being good but 343 really needs to get their shit together.

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

trunkswd said:
Azzanation said:

Agree, Halo has always been about the art style, story and gameplay, and it nailed it out of the park. Visuals has always been good but Halo has never been a Crysis. 

I am excited to play the game with friends. I am assuming it will have 4 player co-op like other Halo games. 

Not sure about 4 player co-op but they did announce split screen so their should be at least a 2 player mode

Around the Network

Somewhere around 4-5/10.
Halo looks really bad, no exclusives of note and no games that particularly hype the console makes this the weakest presentation compared to Sony and even Nintendo Directs. I dunno, this felt like they were just doing it because they felt they had to. I was on the fence with the series X and this did nothing but confirm my lack of interest.

Ill be looking forward to Fable info/trailers tho. See what happens. 

Last edited by Jpcc86 - on 23 July 2020

Solid 8.

Strong 6/10. Good games, weak show.

Nothing really shouted out to me. Halo from 343 still looks 'off to me, and not just the graphics. Expected to see more of Hellblade 2 or something that screams next gen. Didn't get it.

There were a few games like Avowed and Fable that interest me but they won't be out for years. Some decent exclusives, not enough gameplay. 5.5/10.

Captain_Yuri said:

Yea I didn't see anything in the Halo gameplay that spoke Next Gen to me. Hopefully the actual game ends up being good but 343 really needs to get their shit together.

Which games you saw in this or other conferences with next gen gameplay?