By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Rate The Xbox Games Showcase

How Would You Rate The Xbox Game Showcase?

10 9 5.26%

9 11 6.43%

8 32 18.71%

7 19 11.11%

6 35 20.47%

5 24 14.04%

4 19 11.11%

3 11 6.43%

2 7 4.09%

1 4 2.34%

Total:171

5/10 only because they actually showed more games than the previous event.Hardly any gameplay and nothing with a wow factor.

Around the Network

Phil spencer: greatest lineup of all times, strongest console ever build
Reality : tlou2 and ghost of tsushima on ps5 will destroy everything we've seen today in terms of graphics!!!

I give it an 8. On par with the Sony show.

I'd rank it 5/6 out of 10. Leaning more towards 5 though.

Halo: Infinite was a great way to kick off the show. However, it felt like everything went downhill from there. Not really a fan of short teasers and unfortunately, the most promising games of the conference, Avowed & Fable, fell victim to this. Both of these titles barely had a minute of footage combined. And there was no point of showing Hellblade 2 if they weren't going to show anything new. It feels like a lot of their first party stuff is a few years away.

Lack of gameplay and gameplay trailers. No major third party announcements. The focus on Smart Delivery could have been done in blog posts. Nothing really demonstrating the "most powerful console." Better than their May presentation but that's not saying much.

I was hyped for this...but then it happened. I gave it a 6/10. I'm freaking tired of story trailers. The big games just got CG/Story trailers aside from Halo (and even that gameplay was sparse and didn't look too hot visually). How am I supposed to be excited about near an hour of CG trailers 3 months before the console release? Just don't show things if they aren't ready. We should have learned this by now. They did it with Gen 7, Gen 8, and now they're continuing the tradition. And this isn't just a knock on Microsoft, the industry in general does it. Some more than others of course, but man so far these events have been absolute booty.

Last edited by Ljink96 - on 23 July 2020

Around the Network
Captain_Yuri said:

I will go with 7.5/10. They showed a lot of games that has me excited to play on my PC. The problem is with Halo...

If you told me this game was in early access... I'd believe you... The gameplay itself looked fun but hot damn, the visuals was worse than I was expecting. Some aspects look fine but others just look meh. Gamepass is gonna be killer though.

Apparently it won't even support Ray Tracing at launch, it will be added in an update after launch...

This game that they described in the presentation as "built from the ground-up for Xbox Series X" when clearly it's a crossgen title that isn't even utilizing one of the new generations biggest features at launch.

I'm gonna be generous and give it a 7/10 since I think the games themselves that they had were good but the presentation around them was what failed them. The pre-show had some good announcements but I do think went on a little too long with the talking.

The problem is they repeated the same exact mistake they did with their May showcase, which was the lack of gameplay. The games they showed, just like in May, weren't the problem. Everwild, Avowed, Fable, etc all had amazing trailers and were big hyped showcases and announcements but the problem is we got nothing to know what any of them will look or play like. The fact that we still have no idea what kind of game Everwild is after two trailers now is absurd and who knows when we finally will at this point. And what the fuck was that Hellblade 2 segment? You could have literally removed that and it wouldn't have made a difference it was that pointless.

The fact that they said they took the feedback from the May showcase but then repeated the same exact mistake just shows me that they didn't learn anything from it after all. You're telling me not a SINGLE one of their other studios were able to show gameplay outside of Halo? You're gonna show a CGI trailer for State of Decay 3 which i'm guessing is years out at least, but something that is probably coming out sooner couldn't get anything? Didn't Turn 10 specifically take a year off for more development time with the next Motorsport but we couldn't get any proper gameplay with that? Hasn't Fable been in development since 2017-2018 and all we got was that incredibly short teaser which was basically a title card? If it was because they wanted the show to fit into one hour then that just makes it even more confusing because i'm sure more people would have been fine with a longer show if it meant better looks at the games? It's not like they were CONFINED to one hour, plus they even had an hour long pre-show before that where they could have spread more of this out so...?

Either way, I think it had good announcements, but those announcements were undercut by the lack of really knowing or seeing anything else about them which undermines the entire event and makes it feel disappointing because now we're basically just waiting for the next event to learn more. If they had shown gameplay, even just a few minutes for a few of these big games this would have easily been a 8 or 9 out of 10 from me. 

Last edited by FloatingWaffles - on 23 July 2020

No reason to buy xbox now this was the golden opportunity to sell xbox even tho all games are on pc. The moment August 6th state of play is finished it's over I'm afraid

...not much time to post anymore, used to be awesome on here really good fond memories from VGchartz...

PSN: Skeeuk - XBL: SkeeUK - PC: Skeeuk

really miss the VGCHARTZ of 2008 - 2013...

Barkley said:

6/10 sounds about right for me too. Nothing new that really excited me.

Halo Infinite looks solid despite having that definite crossgen look to it, Outer Worlds DLC is worth checking out, State of Decay 3 is a maybe. Severe lack of gameplay footage for most titles.

I am dissapointed that Forza is not coming this year.

Since Forza Motorsport is a reboot it will be skippable like Forza Motorsports 5 was.  Well at least it means Forza Horizon 4 will get support for a while longer they need to increase the garage limit one more time though.  If Project Cars 3 gets halfway decent reviews I will probably buy it pretty soon.

All I am gonna say is that I am gonna keep my xbox one X longer than expected.