By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Are you pre-ordering PS5 on August 6th ? (Rumored SoP date)

Only if I can get an online order. If I dont get one though its fine, theres no killer apps at launch for me anyways

Around the Network

Yep day 1 preorder. New GPUs coming out end of this year as well. Trump needs to go ahead and stimulate my bank account so I can start stimulating this economy.

No, nothing worth buying it for on release, same goes for the XsX (I'll play Halo on my One X or PC).

On top of that I've pre-ordered 3 consoles over the years and all have had issues.
Launch PS2 the disc drive failed. Replaced under warranty.
Launch PS3 the HDMI failed. Replaced under warranty.
Launch Switch the Joy Cons had to be replaced because they kept disconnecting from the console.

Nah. The longer I wait before getting a next gen console, the cheaper the system will be when I get it. I picked up the PS3 once upon a time 1 or 2 months after launch, when it was expensive and there were few games on the system, a mistake I don't intend to repeat. Besides, I have a 4 and a half year old PC that can run games in 4k fine. I may end up selling my old PC parts and buying new ones before picking up a console - I haven't yet decided. .

Wow, no poll? Seems very odd considering the thread title...

Yes, 100%. Can’t wait.

Around the Network

Seems my insider info was right.

JapaneseGamesLover said:

The date is right for SoP, but we're not going to get PS5 date/price here.

Barkley said:
JapaneseGamesLover said:

The date is right for SoP, but we're not going to get PS5 date/price here.

It is rumoured the price will be unveiled.

Yep, it will be my first pre-order of a console ever

JapaneseGamesLover said:

YOUR insider info? Yeah, right.