By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Are you pre-ordering PS5 on August 6th ? (Rumored SoP date)

GamingRabbit said:
Immersiveunreality said:

You're a PC-gamer?

Nope, I'm a handheld first, home console second gamer.

Why do you ask?

Just because there are many older games you can play on it.

But you probably have a big collection of older playstation titles laying around.

Around the Network
Immersiveunreality said:
GamingRabbit said:

Why do you ask?

But you probably have a big collection of older playstation titles laying around.

Not only older PlayStation games, but also Nintendo.

I own every system from the N64 to the Wiiu, GBC to the Switch, PS1 - PS4 and even both PSP & PSVita.

But I know that they wont work forever and that it cannot be guaranteed that there will always be 3rd party replacement parts to fix those systems.

So if possible, I'd like to avoid any further wear down and preserve them, while they are still functioning.

This is why backwards compatibillity is such a huge deal for me.

Especially because I still buy games for those systems, and games want to be played :)

Last edited by GamingRabbit - on 23 July 2020

Nintendo Switch:

... announced as a Home Console

... advertised as a Hybrid

... delivered as a Portable

GamingRabbit said:
Immersiveunreality said:

Not only older PlayStation games, but also Nintendo.

I own every system from the N64 to the Wiiu, GBC to the Switch, PS1 - PS4 and even both PSP & PSVita.

But I know that they wont work forever and that it cannot be guaranteed that there will always be 3rd party replacement parts to fix those system.

So if possible, I'd like to avoid any further wear down on these retro/legacy systems and preserve them, while they are still functioning.

That is why backwards compatibillity is such a huge deal for me.

Especially because I still buy games for those systems, and games want to be played :)

That's nice,depending on where you live i could ship my old games to you.(those that i have left)

And that will only cost you the shipping.

No. I am broke and preoccupied with grad school. My PS4 and Switch backlog should keep me busy through the end of 2021. I will probably buy one the next time I move from my current address.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F1gWECYYOSo

Please Watch/Share this video so it gets shown in Hollywood.

Thread is a little misleading. SONY has not announced an actual preorder date, but high chances it will be on the 6th of August. I will do it mostly just to retire my PS4 as soon as possible; been crashing a lot lately and I have a feeling it wont last much longer.

Around the Network
Immersiveunreality said:
GamingRabbit said:

Why do you ask?

I really dont mind playing older games, in certain ways they are even better than games today.

Is soon as I finish Dark Souls 2 DLC's I'm going to play portal 2 which I never played. Maybe Spider Man between then now that my wife gave it to me as a gift.

twintail said:
EnricoPallazzo said:

I dont think its clear at all how it will work.

Can I get my Bllodborne straight out of the box and play it at 4k 60fps/4k 30fps/1080p 60fps or will I have to wait for a developer patch?

If it depends on a patch that I have no idea when it will come, and if it will come, and my only advantage will be to play it at steady 30fps (since the original game suffers with it) then it will be a huge disappointment.

I still can't play GTA4 on Xbox One X at more than 720p 30fps because the developer/microsoft never released a patch...

Bloodborne is coded at 30fps. Enemy animations are designed specifically for that frame rate so of course nothing will change in that front. The BC is there to let games that can go higher, go higher. Hard coded frame rates and resolutions are not going to just increase. Sony aren't doing emulation, they are just letting the hardware allow games to have access to better hardware and leaving it at that.

Again, just look at PS4Pro. Many games still got Pro patches to actually make more effective use of the increase in power like 4k resolutions.

There is a video on youtube of a guy that somehow was able to hack a PS4 and he was running Bloodborne at 720p at 60fps on a ps4 with eventual drops to 45-50. And it looks so much better, I just dont get why developers do not give us the option of doing it with the games. SO yeah it's definitely possible to unlock the framerate if they want.

DonFerrari said:
EnricoPallazzo said:

I dont think its clear at all how it will work.

Can I get my Bllodborne straight out of the box and play it at 4k 60fps/4k 30fps/1080p 60fps or will I have to wait for a developer patch?

If it depends on a patch that I have no idea when it will come, and if it will come, and my only advantage will be to play it at steady 30fps (since the original game suffers with it) then it will be a huge disappointment.

I still can't play GTA4 on Xbox One X at more than 720p 30fps because the developer/microsoft never released a patch...

You were already explained this on a different thread.

PS5 BC shall cover and work on most of the over 4000 titles released. It also will have automatic improvements based on both GDC presentation and post from Sony clarifying. And sure there may be patches from devs to make it better than just the auto.

I don't think it is that clear. Will there be improvements? Which ones? Will it run with the physical disc or it we will have to download the game as xbox does? 4000 titles is nice but probably most are indies. Will it run all other games? Will we have developers patches? How often?

I will just believe when I actually see it. Sony does not seem to be as engaged with BC as microsoft, which is understandable because that makes remasters less appealing. When I actually see ps4 games running on ps5 and the improvements then I will have a proper idea of how it will work.

I have no plans to preorder the PS5. There's not enough games I'm interested in on that system right now.

No, I always wait around a year after launch before buying a console just so that it builds a decent library and I get a clear idea of what to expect from the coming years as far a company support and upcoming games. That said, if they were to announce certain games, Suikoden VI for example, I'd buy one the instant I can.