By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - New F-Zero Twitter Linked to Nintendo?

Leynos said:
COKTOE said:

Booooo! Hiissssss! F-Zero X over F-Zero GX every day of the week, and twice on Sunday.

SEGA was king of Arcade racers when they made HX. They made GX (Super Monkey Ball Team who now makes Yakuza). GX also had ROB. That alone is better than X. Not to mention visually still looks stunning. X looks like an N64 game.

Better music as well. Just not being the horrid N64 midi sound automatically makes it better.

X was fine for 64 but like many N64 games. Hard to play now where GX is as good as it ever was.

Sir, you will never convince me that GX is superior to X. :) I do agree with the idea that no gen has aged worse than gen 5 though. I simply preferred the gameplay and overall design of X. I don't have anything bad to say about GX, but for me, it wasn't even close. X was an obsession, and a game I would often include on my GOAT list.

- "If you have the heart of a true winner, you can always get more pissed off than some other asshole."

Around the Network

That would make sense since MK8D came out early and was a port.

I already made a couple mentions of this in the Mario Kart thread, just before this twitter stuff was discovered, but I honestly believe they should reboot F-Zero as a year one title on their next system.

I'd rather Switch get a whole new and better Mario Kart, and then have F-Zero as an early featured title for the next system to help differentiate it. I'd still be happy to see F-Zero on Switch if that's the case though.

If this is a real official F-Zero account by Nintendo, then it's unlikely they'd begin marketing for a game not on Switch.

mZuzek said:
Leynos said:

SEGA was king of Arcade racers when they made HX. They made GX (Super Monkey Ball Team who now makes Yakuza). GX also had ROB. That alone is better than X. Not to mention visually still looks stunning. X looks like an N64 game.

Oh wow, a N64 game looks like a N64 game, how awful!

Well,yes about every 3D game from that gen looks like shit now. PS2,GC and XB a lot of stuff is still fine.

Bite my shiny metal cockpit!

Leynos said:
mZuzek said:

Oh wow, a N64 game looks like a N64 game, how awful!

Well,yes about every 3D game from that gen looks like shit now. PS2,GC and XB a lot of stuff is still fine.

I recently got hit by that in a big way playing through The Legend of Dragoon. First thing that came to mind was, "wow, this kind of aged well compared to FFVII", as they used similar design techniques and were in that same late 90s era. Then I suddenly thought, "hang on, didn't this literally release like a year or two before FFX?"

So not that it wasn't already obvious, but games from that era have generally aged like shit. Whereas even something like FFX, which was an early PS2 title, with a simple HD up-res and the other little tweaks they used for the remaster, can still look pretty good.

Hell, even the voice acting for FFX was a massive improvement over LoD. Well, the 5 lines of voiced dialogue in LoD that is.

Around the Network

I hope we'll get a good F-Zero on Switch! With the console being so popular it could definitely become the best selling entry in the history of the franchise.

Generally speaking, with the Switch being Nintendo's only console on the market there is a higher chance we'll see new entries from smaller franchises like F-Zero. Nintendo won't want to focus only on the big guns but spread them out a bit. Resurecting "dead" franchises like F-Zero (and Starfox to some extend) could prove beneficial: You never know if a game will become a breakout hit if the new entry is great. Animal Crossing also started as a niche game in the west on Gamecube and is now an insane juggernaut. 

Also, games like F-Zero would round out the library of the Switch. So far, the only big racing game on the system is Mario Kart.

I'd only want F Zero if it was very different from MK in the sense of non racing parts. I want a great story, with an open world you can drive around and complete quests in, with walking abilities as you shop and talk to NPC's out of ship. If it's literally just racing, then how will it be appealing to anyone other than nostalgia fans, if they can get that same experience on probably already purchased Mario Kart?

This isn't Xbox where a new racing game comes out every year and everyone's hyped. The racing market is dominated by MK. They have to differentiate if they are going to get customers like me to buy it and offer things MK doesn't have (A STORY).

Fond memories of Fzero GX. I’ll buy a Switch if this is true.

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

DPsx7 said:
Dulfite said:
I'd only want F Zero if it was very different from MK in the sense of non racing parts. I want a great story, with an open world you can drive around and complete quests in, with walking abilities as you shop and talk to NPC's out of ship. If it's literally just racing, then how will it be appealing to anyone other than nostalgia fans, if they can get that same experience on probably already purchased Mario Kart?

This isn't Xbox where a new racing game comes out every year and everyone's hyped. The racing market is dominated by MK. They have to differentiate if they are going to get customers like me to buy it and offer things MK doesn't have (A STORY).

True enough. I haven't gotten to the latest MK yet (Seriously, looking at my shelves I probably have 1-2 years worth of gametime). Kart games center a bit more around combat and random powerups. F-Zero doesn't have weapons, it's more about keeping top speed and staying on track. Then past that you have more technical racers like Wipeout with more focus on complex tracks. So if these games stuck to their strong points I don't see them interfering with each other. As for the comment about non-racing, is that really what players want? Personally I say it should stick to its strengths and focus on racing.

Like a hub where you can buy upgraded parts, interact with characters you meet throughout the story, play mini games. Not just you racing and literally doing nothing else. I want depth and a story.

Would be great,always loved the arcady feel of F-Zero.