By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - New F-Zero Twitter Linked to Nintendo?

Dulfite said:
DPsx7 said:

Have you even played them? The fact you're asking us to explain why they're different, and implying there's something wrong with racing around a track to win, is mildly ridiculous. With that attitude I hope you never walk into an arcade.

Yes I've played them. Yes I've enjoyed them. And I never stated nor implied there is anything wrong with racing around a track to win. I just said I wanted something more than just that, for me personally. 

If you want open world racing on Switch then play Burnout Paradise. If you want to walk around then play Saints Row The 3rd on Switch. F-Zero does not fit with those ideas at all.

Bite my shiny metal cockpit!

Around the Network

i mean cpt. falcon is now more known for smash instead of f-zero

but i feel like this is going to be an F in the end

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

New idea is fine but people need to stop thinking a new idea for everything equals the open world. That's lazy thinking. You could just do something as simple as flying sections or maybe the ability to customize the car more. Maybe an online mode with a few modes even a BR Death Race. Not saying I have the answer for F-Zero but open world is not it. Too many games think..well we need something new..ah yes big empty space! They are so much harder to do and it creates more issues than it solves.

GoOnKid said:

I wonder who would be developing it because Nintendo has no idea how to make another F-Zero game. They believe that F-Zero X on the N64 is already perfect, that's why they asked Sega to develop GX and there were rumors that they talked wth Criterion, the guys behind Burnout, to make another one for the Wii U, but that project never saw the light of day. Shin'en is too small, but there are a lot of other studios with racing game experience.

On the topic of X vs GX, I prefer GX a tiny bit. Both are extremely great games, however.

at bolded, I respect that a lot and agree, any other partner couldn't make one as good as X.

Criterion was never asked to make F-Zero. That is a myth. https://www.nintendolife.com/news/2019/04/criterion_games_founder_says_nintendo_never_asked_the_studio_to_make_a_new_f-zero

Around the Network
Leynos said:
Criterion was never asked to make F-Zero. That is a myth. https://www.nintendolife.com/news/2019/04/criterion_games_founder_says_nintendo_never_asked_the_studio_to_make_a_new_f-zero

It's really nice that the article you linked mentions the original story: https://www.nintendolife.com/news/2015/06/exclusive_we_almost_got_a_wii_u_f-zero_created_by_burnout_studio_criterion

Turns out that was written by Liam Robertson, the attention whore that throws around rumors like candy.

Damn, I fell for it. Thanks for clarifying!

Since Nintendo only has one system to develop for there is no excuse not to bring back Fzero. It is a well established franchise and since the last game was 3 generations ago they can make huge updates to the game now. I would be pretty disappointed in Nintendo if they can't even release stuff like Fzero after consolidating software behind a single system.

As far as the open world suggestion, I don't think that is what we want in Fzero, but I would definitely expect new gameplay features in a new Fzero. Something that pulls you in more than just "it's super fast racing". A developed story mode that has you battling rivals, upgrading your racer, starting feuds based by knocking out other characters which lead to side challenges, even racing boss battles, etc would be well appreciated. Of course gotta have Fzero X's death race or whatever it was called. I think it'd be pretty cool if each character even had some sort of weapon - one weapon unique to each character that has to be charged up, and maybe as a counter each race you get one short duration shield to try to block a weapon. I'm not talking MK-type weapons though, and maybe you'd get your weapon charged on the health charging areas and maybe generally get to use it 2 or 3 times a race. I liked how the spinning attack was added in Fzero X. Spinning and a character weapon I think would keep battle light enough that its not a MK style experience but adds depth and strategy to the gameplay more than just "go really fast and don't crash."

Also to the guy arguing that Fzero and MK are the same....stop being ridiculous. Those two games are about as far apart as you can get in the racing genre. That's why having two main racing games (or at least they used to until this 17 year hiatus) by Nintendo works, because they are so different. Nintendo making two of the exact same type of racing game on a single system would be lame (which is why the MK9 on Switch is a lame argument). I'd also like to see the Excite series on Switch as that is also very different than MK and FZ, and again because there is no possible reason for Nintendo not to get all these franchises on Switch since they only have one system to develop for.

If it was me I’d just add something like the world map in Gran Turismo; where you can see the different tracks to race and have shops where you can buy vehicle upgrades and whatnot. Or like Star Wars Racer where you can buy engine, steering, brake and booster upgrades. And then maybe have a bar on the map where you talk to people for different challenges and maybe quests and career goals. They can call it a ‘cantina’ to avoid the connection to alcohol and the attached T rating. I’d leave the heavy open world stuff for Star Fox, and have that be like the game Freelancer.

If its a racing game, I wont care in the slightest. If its some kind of game where u follow the adventure of c falcon on a bounty hunt with a few race sections id be really interested.

mZuzek said:
S.Peelman said:

I’d leave the heavy open world stuff for Star Fox

nooooooooooo

Starlink with Starfox is the best thing to happen to Starfox since 1997. It's really fun. Exploring an entire solar system and having dog fights. I have not scanned the toys since I bought it as I don't need to. Makes you wonder why they had them. Regardless, still a very fun game. While I don't normally subscribe to the idea of making everything open world. I would not mind a Metroid Open Space taking bounties or at least a spinoff.

Last edited by Leynos - on 20 July 2020